Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
Sundown you on stock headers and tune?
Tomei headers and a custom tune.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:40 PM
DarkZ03

Received 492 Likes on 412 Posts

It would be interesting to see how our cars would match up lol

Last edited by DarkZ03; 02-25-2021 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:26 PM
ntwillie1

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I have not put them on, but upon inspection they look good, Not too stoked about the gauge cover but it's a second style I bought just to see which I end up with.
what headers did you end up getting?
I got the z1 headers. They went in fine and can’t say I have any issues. So far so good.

Will be happy to see your interior when its done. I’ll post mine up too in late March or April.

@ Sundown, I’ve seen a couple of guys on YouTube hit 300plus on somewhat reliable builds. The one that comes to mind is vitamin z. His NA build, 2003 if I recall, is very clean. I believe he had admin intake, kinetix plenum, 75mm tb, tomei cams, not sure about test pipes and either tomei or motordyne exhaust. He is now boosting so that was his old setup. W a more free flowing exhaust setup I beleive I could pick up some more power but emissions concern me so I wont go that path.

Last edited by ntwillie1; 02-25-2021 at 08:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sundown72 (02-26-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 10:17 PM
DarkZ03

Won't be for a while unfortunately, part of me finishing the interior revolves around me changing out my cluster for the Nismo one and that won't happen until I get my built engine in the car. I'll be able to post 7/10 pics later this year but final won't come for a bit.
I wanted to use those but I couldn't deal with the fitment, I'll be getting my Tomei headers coated when it's time for the supercharger.
Really curious about the TK headers.

Last edited by DarkZ03; 02-25-2021 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:05 PM
ntwillie1

Well, this week and last some of the stuff I'd ordered started coming in. Should be looking good in about 2 months or so when wheels and suspension are all done. For now, my interior will be looking better and my engine bay a little cleaner. It was 26 degrees when i woke up this morning so still not mod weather. Plus I had a full day of meetings so not like I could work on the car anyway. Soccer season started for my kid so most of my weekends will be spent in the mini-van, i'll prob take a "sick" day from work to get some of my Z stuff done in the next month. Anyway, here are some pics of what arrived.

CF for the Interior

Titanium bits and a new dip stick and oil cap.

Some Titanium hardware - strut bolts, engine harness cover bolts, and others.

Last edited by ntwillie1; 03-08-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:27 PM
ntwillie1

And a few more pics

Parts Day makes me happy

Diff cover and light weight pulleys. Z1 on the crank pulley and AMS on the alternator pulley.

Depo headlights that I sent out for a retrofit. This was more to make my son happy. Did the Halos and the LED strips, L Shaped. They are RGB but I can guarantee you I will only use them in white so they look like my Benz lights. I have my flame suit on.

This is what inspired the headlight design, lol. My son's gaming PC.

This is not my car or pic but it shows the wheels I ordered. I have Brembos so should look similar to this. Likely going w 19s since i'm not a race car driver, lol. Plus my current wheels are 26lbs front, a little more rear, and these are only 20lbs so losing 24ish pounds of unsprung weight should feel pretty good. Plus I've lost 15lbs during the pandemic.

Last edited by ntwillie1; 03-08-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:28 AM
DarkZ03

Not a fan of the lights but everything else looks good, still wouldn't use that pulley either lol.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:24 AM
ntwillie1

Not a fan of the lights but everything else looks good, still wouldn't use that pulley either lol.
Yeah , i know the headlights aren’t for everyone. I keep all my stock stuff so I can always go back if I don’t like something or some part fails. I’m just happy to be giving this car some love. I hadn’t really done anything w it in years. Just sits in the garage. W these new mods I should want to drive it more.

Speaking of which, 2 boxes literally just arrived from Z1 minutes ago . Gotta go see what just arrived.

Last edited by ntwillie1; 03-10-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:43 PM
ntwillie1

Was a nice afternoon today so after work I decided to play w the Z a bit. I started replacing some of my oem bolts w some titanium ones I ordered. Also, put in my new dipstick. While I was outside another box showed up from Z1. This time it was my rear camber arms. Anyway. A couple of pics of the engine dress up.

10mm and 12mm bolts replaced w umbrella bolts in titanium. Forget the size. Did both sides.

Engine harness cover replacement hardware.

New dip stick.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:17 PM
ntwillie1

Had some time this weekend so I started installing the CF interior parts. The waterfall and cubby door are 10 out of 10 in terms of fit and finish. The shifter console section I had to modify and its not up to my standards so I may order another one. Vendor said i could send it back to him and he will attempt to fix so I'll try that first. It goes overseas so its a bit of a wait but at least he stands by his product and is willing to correct. I'll also say all of the CF parts I have ordered are of very high quality and look really good.

This week I'm driving the car to RT Tuning for the differ cover install and the pulleys. Also figured, F it, just do the bushings now and not have to deal with it later. Mine are 16 years old now so it won't hurt to refresh them. So I ordered the whiteline poly bushings for the diff. I also have an annoying rev hang issue that started after the last tune. They believe it has something to do with the throttle body so i'm going to have them check that out. Next week my kids are on spring break so I took 2 days off from work. I may try to make some time to install my CF wheel then. I'll also be installing my Bell diff brace and a new Z1 Brake Booster hose.

Anyway, on to my interior pics, let me know what you think.

Nice side shot. Here you can see the crown meter cover, the waterfall, cubby door and the center console. Currently still rocking my original factory steering wheel which my son and I wrapped in leather ourselves. I also did the seats myself like 8 years ago. Love them and basically built the theme of the car around them. i.e. Brembo brake color, orange stripe on CF steering wheel, etc... I also like that the little Mishimoto Air Freshener Penguin is black and orange.

Here's a TI Plate I saw and liked so I ordered for the Z. I was hoping it was bigger and would cover the entire coin door since thats how it was on the 380 I saw but I miscalculated. Anyway, I threw it on to see if it would grow on me.

A more detailed view of the waterfall and cubby door. I can't tell you how well this part fits. It looks excellent in person. Also, for the old school, i was in the mood for that song for some reason. My wife just rolled her eyes at me. That song sounds so good with my sound system. It really hits.

Last edited by ntwillie1; 03-24-2021 at 09:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DarkZ03 (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 12:07 AM
DarkZ03

Waterfall looks to fit nicely, I looked at the fitment of mine earlier and decided it ain't for me so it will be sold, I'll use the Evo-r piece.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:35 AM
ntwillie1

Waterfall looks to fit nicely, I looked at the fitment of mine earlier and decided it ain't for me so it will be sold, I'll use the Evo-r piece.
do you happen to have the shift console piece? I was hoping for better fitment of mine. Wondering how other people possibly made out.

I also havent done the tweeter covers yet. The test fit was not so good for me but vendor mentioned I need to remove the door panel to get those properly on. So i’ll do that and dynamat my door speaker while
I’m at it. Been meaning to dynamat that section for 2 years and never got motivated to go through the trouble. Now that I have to remove the door panel i may as well.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:40 AM
DarkZ03

Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that, I was referring to the crown cover, that's what I'll be selling. I haven't bought the waterfall as of yet.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:11 AM
ntwillie1

Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that, I was referring to the crown cover, that's what I'll be selling. I haven't bought the waterfall as of yet.
Gotcha. I know what you mean about the crown cover. I am still debating if I will keep mine on or not. Sometimes less is more. I def don't want to hve CF all over the place just because. The nice thing about all these parts is that they are just covers and can easily come off without ruining anything underneath. For now, i'm real happy w the water fall and on the fence about everything else.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:42 PM
DarkZ03

Was debating that myself TBH I wanted more but I also feel like there is a fine line between cool and excessive.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:25 PM
ntwillie1

Wanted to post a few updates. Pulleys are on, high capacity Z1 Diff Cover is on, Bell Racing Diff Brace is on, whiteline bushings, and the steering wheel. So far, very happy with everything. My dipstick and shift console cover were sent back due to fitment issues so waiting on replacements to arrive. My suspension is ready to go in, but my TEs are stuck on a ship somewhere. I'm told later this month or in May. In the meantime, nothing else planned for the moment. Here are a few pics. More pics and video on my IG at vq33na if interested.

Love looking under my car now.

Steering wheel looks great. Might take me a bit to get used to the feel. I loved how my leather wrapped one felt, this one is different. But definitely eye candy.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:51 PM
DarkZ03

Missed opportunity to paint the pumpkin, I did min when I dropped it for the cover and looks so nice. What was wrong with the dip stick? They still haven't sent mine, now I'm worried lol.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:47 AM
ntwillie1

The dipstick is about 1/2” too long. It didnt feel right/snug. I compared it to my oem dipstick and the difference was clear. Apparently Nissan changed something about them in between years. Vendor said he used the 350z vq35de template to build mine but it seemed mine had one from vq35de on a g35. Not sure what thats about but they are replacing.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:59 AM
Alabama350z

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
the number all depend on the dyno also. my hr hit 286 with intakes, tune, art pipes, tdx2 on a mustang dyno

just remember, its only a number and dont get upset if you are below what you think you should be... but you will feel the difference.
You right after being in the drag racing world for 35 years I know for a fact you do not race dyno numbers but track numbers. Peak numbers do not matter near as much as average numbers a gain of 20 average will help more than a top peak of 30 above 6000.

Quick Reply: A couple of new mods for my Z