Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be Forewarned...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 08:51 AM
Brad4rdHay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be Forewarned...

Ok, so Im taking the Z out this morning with my dad to go pick up some fertilizer or something (hey, all I knew was another excuse to drive the car). So were on I95, and I'm cruising in 5th in left lane, when my dad tells me "oh, theres the exit, have to get over", so I drop her into fourth with a nice rev mathcing howl to pull ahead of this huge Ford F-350, I put on my blinker and opern her up...but this guy starts to speed up with me. Well, I punched her, had to swerve over in pretty close front of him (nothing honk worthy though). So he pulls over into the left lane and starts to speed up next to me. I think "oh ****" his guys pissed, so I speed up to. Finnaly I have to slow down to make the exit, and this guy pulls up next to me, wth a huge grin on his face and a thumbs up. The guy kept trying to get a closer look!

This after having cars tail me to try to get a closer look, and when we got to the store, one of the salesman when bananas over my car. I showed him around, and reved the engine ect, and he had another salesman come over ect. People always telling you "my dad had a 280z", or "I've been reading about this car for years." And be prepared for fingerprints on the windows. Hey, I love this car!

Last edited by Brad4rdHay; 09-21-2002 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:04 AM
ZZtopp

I've only had mine for couple of weeks, and every time I drive or stop somewhere, I have to either get away from crazies who are drving way too close to get look, or answer a million questions!

It's flattering though, and a confirmation that this new Z is not just another boring car.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:17 AM
ZBarrister

A few weeks back i went to a local marine supply shop to buy some 303 for the Z.

When I get to the store I park right in front and inside the store were three salespeople and 2 customers.

When I got in one of the guys asked if that was my Z. I said yes and the whole store, employees and customers leave to go look at the Z.

Damn it feels good to be a Z driver!
Old 09-21-2002, 09:29 AM
Flyingscot

Man, I can't wait to see the look on people's faces when I sit at traffic lights. What is it? A UFO?

Fly
Old 09-21-2002, 10:50 AM
350zpower

for a couple months .. Z owners know what its like to own a exotic sports car like a ferrari .. crazzzzy feeling
Old 09-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by VQracer
I was followed yesterday by a cop that wanted a closer look. He was behind me for a while then he got next to me and looked for a while then gave thumbs up and sped off.
That's happened twice to me already!! Once I thought he was gonna get me for making a "K Turn" in the middle of the street...hehe. He pulled up and asked, "Mind if I ask how much that cost?" and went on to say that it was the first one he's seen...Feels weird.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:38 AM
Zrated

It really is like having an exotic for the time being. People are always following me, stoping me at lights to talk, every time I park, kids following me on bicycles, I see people flying up behind me in the rear view, and then they ride in the lane next to me at the rear 3/4 view (makes it a real pain to change lanes to pass or get to an exit - Brad4rdHay knows). The attention is crazy. I always think to myself, Farrari drivers go through this all the time.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Z PHAT Z

Well, I think it's better than the Ferrari cuze most people know how it looks and stuffs. For our 350Z, most people haven't seen or knew about it. I love the attention! The best thing is this Z is a beast to drive.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by VQracer
Hey I like your avatar. I'm not into all that art stuff but that's one I really like. Wasn't that after he chopped off his ear?
Yup. You're the second person today that's commented on my avatar.