2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car misfiring and overall slow please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 11:56 AM
KiwiZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car misfiring and overall slow please help

Hi guys

So here’s my situation, my car (2005 DE, Popcharger intake, muffler delete and possible decat and tune) went in to get a new clutch that was apparently stage 2
got the car back was running fine, hour or two later car was misfiring bad and sounded like a muscle car, took it back got the car back the next day ran fine hour later it misfired and was running the same as the previous day. Keep in mind there were no codes at all. And it only ran like this once the car was warm. I then figured maybe the MAF was just dirty hoping that it would be that and not something serious, took it out and cleaned it, car was fine. Two days later I drove the car and once it was warmed up it started misfiring again and again sounded like a muscle car, but then it went away 2 minutes later, however was misfiring abit after. What really made me come here and post is, a day or two ago I raced my buddies e46 330i (keep in mind only mods he has is intake and muffler delete and decat no tune) and I lost every single time, the second last race we were dead even, and the last race he pulled on me hard and I lost, he himself said somethings wrong with the car, and our buddy who was with him aswell, who I previously raced while on oem clutch and pulled on him by 2 cars (keep in mind they both have the same amount of power and raced a day before meaning if I had to run him again I’d lose) a 225bhp car vs a 287bhp car, so please can someone give it to me straight because I’m going crazy here, what could my issue be
I know DEs are slow but come on I should’ve pulled on him easy
please help
Old 06-17-2022, 12:36 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 452 Likes on 367 Posts

Sounds like they put the flywheel in the wrong way.
Do you know if the flywheel was swapped or re-surfaced?

Unplug the crankshaft sensor and if it runs better it could be an alignment issue, although I'm not sure if it would of ever ran "fine" with it misaligned unless the crank sensor was unplugged or bad
Old 06-17-2022, 12:53 PM
KiwiZ

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Sounds like they put the flywheel in the wrong way.
Do you know if the flywheel was swapped or re-surfaced?

Unplug the crankshaft sensor and if it runs better it could be an alignment issue, although I'm not sure if it would of ever ran "fine" with it misaligned unless the crank sensor was unplugged or bad

Its a new flywheel, if the flywheel was put in the wrong way wouldn’t the car not start at all?
I will unplug the crankshaft sensor and see if there’s any change, but if I’m understanding correctly, you are pinpointing the problem to be the crank sensor? Or the flywheel being misaligned? I can provide clips of the car misfiring aswell if that would help
Old 06-19-2022, 11:45 AM
iideadeyeii

It would still start
Old 06-20-2022, 04:03 AM
KiwiZ

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
It would still start
it seems like the flywheel was replaced and not resurfaced however I’m not sure, also I know I should’ve included this in my original post but I had the codes p0328 and p1564 stored. Do you think a bad knock sensor could be contributing to this? Also I am taking the car in hopefully next week to Nissan to get inspected/diagnosed for issues let’s hope the problems are found and resolved
Old 06-20-2022, 09:26 AM
iideadeyeii

The flywheel can be installed 3 ways i believe, but there is only one way where the crank sensor will read correctly. I've read that unplugging the crank will make it run better if the flywheel is misaligned and is a good way to tell. Otherwise maybe someone else can chime in if there is another way to verify installation without dropping the tranny