Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

06 Rev up to 03 DE Swap Engine Light & Pwr Steering

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 08:17 AM
tragikmuse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Rev up to 03 DE Swap Engine Light & Pwr Steering

First off, I appreciate the info I have found here so I'd like to thank the community. Secondly, I have searched this topic and nothing hits quite right so I apologize if this is a repeat.

A few years ago, I had my rev up engine rebuilt at 115k miles in my 06 base model as a preventative thing in prep for modding. She never ran again even after 3 different shops attempted to make it vroom. I recently bought another car, 03 touring convertible, and took the engine, wiring harness and ECU from it. It would crank but not start so I had the NATS flashed off the ECU and it started no problem. The only issue was that the oil pressure gauge wasn't working so I switched the sensors from the old to the new and it was good. Took my car to Advance to see why the "check engine soon" light was glaring at me. It pulled 12 codes, 3 of which repeat. Here is a list. The ones with stars are the ones that repeated along with the U 1001 code.

The NATS delete would cause the the first one I think. The CAN communication and ECU code might be cause the ECU isn't original to the car. The fuel level sensor seems to be working. The gas gauge moves at the appropriate rate for the driving i've done. The ASCD steering switch is non existent as my car doesn't have cruise control. Basically I'm not sure what's real or imagined as the result of the swap.

My question is how do I get rid of the codes? Switching in a new MAF sensor and seeing if that code goes away is easy but some of the stuff isn't really applicable.

Last thing....On the test drive, to say the steering is stiff is an understatement. It has the responsiveness it should when avoiding a pothole but making a turn is almost a 2 hand endeavor. Does anyone have any advice for this? I'm looking at taking the rack and pinion from the other car to see if that works if no one has a better idea. But I also wonder if the car throwing the CC steering code might have affected this.