Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help! Crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 09:17 AM
twuzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help! Crank no start

I'm making this thread so i can get some type of answers. About Saturday Morning i woke up for work , and as i do, i take my 2003 350z Touring DE Engine to work. This morning i decided not to wait for it to warm up which shoudnt of been an issue and take it to the gas station down the street for a tank of gas. The car was acting normal , it reached 60 mph with no problem , i go and park at the gas station pump , and then began filling it up. The first thing i noticed was that the gas pump was awfully slow for some reason, at first i thought i had no money in my account but knew i had atleast over 100$. So i assume the gas pump is broken, i go to another pump and its also doing the exact thing but more faster so i didnt mind. after filling it up to atleast half tank , i put the gas cap back on and get in the car to start it up. The car starts up normally and i start heading to work , i go to a light and nothing is wrong with the car. Finally light turns green so i start going , and im crusining for a minute no problems , then i noticed that im only topping at 20 mph but my foot is pretty far down on the peddle. i start going to a stop sign and then out of nowhere the car starts dropping rpms from the normal idle to like the 400-200 rpm range , and take in consideration im like freaking out cause its sputtering like its gonna die but my dads house was luckly right by so i got it there. but on the way there it just kept sputtering? So now heres what i thought it was , FUEL. right crazy , so i have someone take me to get my tools to fix my fuel pump cause im pretty sure it wasnt even holding pressure or was seized. Now before i replaced the fuel pump it would start right , but then would slowly stay and idle at like 500 rpm and then immediately die? so i was thinking the fuel pump isnt pressurizing enough fuel to get into the engine to keep idle. After replacing , it still doesnt start but now it just cranks , i then went to see if the new pump is indeed working , and it was. Now before you ask there were no codes , no lights that came on while it was driving to my dads , so I know theres nothing SENSOR WISE wrong. I checked the throttle body too , replaced it because it was worn to ****( i also sprayed some throttle body cleaner while cranking and it started for a bit at a low idle of 600rpm then died), and still nothing so i say you know maybe we should just check for codes? I check codes after buying an scantool ( yes im dying of debt ) and would you want to know what codes i had??? NONE!!! so now im even more lost , im hearing maybe the anti theft but like i was mid driving and it started to have symptoms? so then I dont think its that , i dont think its sensor , so now my next course of action is looking at fuses and relays. I would love some insight on this cause i really need this car to run for work , and im pretty sure its an easy fix, BTW this car is completely stock , it was in a wreck a couple months ago but it wasnt engine damage just a fender bender, I also drove it for like 6 months after with no problems. the only problem i would say is that i had to replace that pedal green piece , but just put a correct size nut to not replace but pretty sure thats not an issue cause it would be in limp mode. Im also sorry for my rambling. and horrible grammar, I been up since yesterday trying to fix. Thank you for your time!
Old 06-02-2024, 10:00 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,121 Likes on 6,575 Posts

Scan for codes
Old 06-02-2024, 10:06 AM
twuzi

Originally Posted by travlee
Scan for codes
I have , currently no codes are coming up at all , but I did see that my EVAP system wasn’t reading at all , and I’m pretty sure that’s important…
Old 06-02-2024, 01:01 PM
twuzi

I want to say maybe the spark plugs will make it not want to turn over ?? But it was able to stay on a bit before installing a new fuel pump so… again no codes are being thrown at the moment… maybe fuse or relay??
EDIT:
maybe it is just the can and crank sensors going out PSA this car has now 165k miles , and probably has never seen the light of an dealership. I’m also thinking maybe the fuel sender unit ?? a lot of people said it could be either of those two. If anyone wants a video I can try to upload to YouTube.

Last edited by twuzi; 06-02-2024 at 01:10 PM.