Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

F the non-Z world!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 05:54 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F the non-Z world!

So I drive back to my parents house yesterday (120 miles) and I decided to wash my Z. I then see ******* key marks on the freakin door!!!!!!!!! The thing that even pissed me off more was that I can tell whatever sick **** did this, did it when I had my car cover on. The key marks are low to the ground and there are two separate lines divided by the part of the car cover where the lock is.
Attached Thumbnails F the non-Z world!-my350z.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 05:55 AM
NismoKid

Default Re: F the non-Z world!

Here's another picture where the Z side emblem was keyed. My friend had his car keyed, too, last year in the same complex. I really hate this place now.
Attached Thumbnails F the non-Z world!-my350z1.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 05:56 AM
NismoKid

Here's the key mark on the forward part of the passenger door. I waxed out most of it so you can't see it.
Attached Thumbnails F the non-Z world!-my350z2.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 05:58 AM
NismoKid

What do you think I should do? Get the door repainted or use those paint touch up things from Nissan? I'm thinking I should do the latter one because my rear bumper was hit last year and I still haven't gotten it fixed. I might as well post a picture of that.
Attached Thumbnails F the non-Z world!-my350z3.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 06:33 AM
perucho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's messed up man. Sorry to hear about that The first pic looks pretty serious. I would paint the door at least.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:33 AM
ElBombastico

ahhhh, get a respray!!!! the scratches are burning my eyes!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:04 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Feel for you man. I really hope that this wasn't the result of you owning the Z... :rage: ... always wondered if such 'works' were the result of jealousy or personal vendettas. BTW, what car did your friend own that got the same type of vandalism?

Again, sorry about man.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:11 AM
NismoKid

He has a 2000 Monte Carlo Pace Car and really maintains it probably more than I do mine. He had his car cover on, too, when it happened. He had both sides of his keyed along the entire car. He parks his car on campus now and uses a scooter to go around, but I don't have one so I can't really do that. I used to park my car next to his, but this Accord (stick shift and forgot the e-brake) rolled down the sloping parking lot and hit his bumper and nearly hit mine. I'm done with this complex, but it sucks because my lease runs up in August.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:29 AM
FairladyZ

Contact your insurance co now. You need a paint job. I feel for you.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:42 AM
silverstoneTT

Well in the meantime you can get factory paint and Mothers Paint Chip Repair Liquid. It suprised me how well it worked. Allows you to rub off excess paint from the touchup just leaving the slash filled. Wont be perfecxt but it will do until you get a better permanent fix
Old 03-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Rushguy

Arrg! Man I know it hurts, getting keyed feels like such a violation. Makes ya wanna sleep under your car in camo ala Johnny Rambo and take someone out with a big *** hunting knife.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:56 AM
exoticxbabyx350

omg. thos pictures make me want to cry :*(
Old 03-05-2004, 09:56 AM
R.J._Vancouver

To me, this is the most chicken sh*t, cowardly thing anyone can do.
If someone wants to key my car, do it while I`m standing there.

I feel for ya dude.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:05 AM
ztropic

Condolences. I despise...and I mean that in every sense of the word, those **** ups in life that can't amount to **** so they must act out against others that do. I have no intention of stealing your thread, but just recently my bride and I went to Orlando to enjoy a weekend away. I park the Z at the hotel, and we go inside to get changed for dinner. Well I forgot my shoes so I go back out and I see this ******* doing something by my car. I came up around him and swung as hard as I could. He was stealing my valve caps! Can you believe that ****? IMO all that was not worth a set of cheap valve caps. I am not an overly violent person, but I refuse to allow anyone tread on me, my family, or my possessions. It's a shame that people act like such dicks.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:11 AM
EL Diablo

sorry to hear it Bro, I just dont get all the Haters for the Z

Touch up wont look good, that needs to be sprayed.

Good luck
Old 03-05-2004, 10:15 AM
NismoKid

I just got back from getting a repair estimate at Car Crafters. They said $542 for almost the entire right side to be repainted (blend it in). I stopped by Panera Bread for lunch and I was worried the entire time that someone would key the car. On a lighter note, there was a Murcielago parked in the same place that parked diagonal taking two spots. I might head back to that side and take some pics when I go to my friends house. Thanks for the support guys. I might just wait til my lease runs up before I get it repainted.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Phatmitzu

NismoKid,

You can try to buff the key scratches out if they are not deep. And for the rear bumper, try using polish and some touch-up paints from the dealer. My car was hit not long ago, and heres how I did...
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=62817

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2004, 11:40 AM
jackie chan

if you want to move from your apartment complex, go raise hell at the office about the damage on your car. tell them they are paying for that **** because they cant keep vandals out. If they refuse tell them to release you from your lease. If you ffight enough you shouldnt have a problem
Old 03-05-2004, 11:52 AM
NismoKid

Phatmitzu, the painter said the clear coat was only scratched, but I think I can see the grey metal so I don't know if a buffer will do the trick (my fingernail can definitely feel it). I was thinking about getting the Nissan touchup because this happened now. Do you know if dealers keep them in stock?

jackie chan, I'll do that once I get back to Gainesville because this crap just can't be passed off as a 'part of life' that people keep telling me. Thanks for the help guys.

One more thing, if the painting actually costs more (or the same as) than finding a salvaged LeMans Z good condition outer door panel, should I buy that instead? Only problem I can see is the paint not matching, but they all came from the same factory...
Old 03-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Pusha Z
Banned

I cant even comprehend what kind of a person keys a car, its such a b!tch move to do. Do you have any enemies? or do you think its all about the car cover and jealous ones envy? I couldnt key a car even if I wanted to, i'd be like "keying a car is what a b!tch would do" ,and give the car a quick kick and then I would smoke some crack

Last edited by Pusha Z; 03-05-2004 at 03:42 PM.

Quick Reply: F the non-Z world!