Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

A word of caution...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 02:58 PM
jaa1755

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A word of caution...

I’ll try to keep this short, I know you don’t want to read a 30 page life story…

I ordered a CS Enthusiast in October of 2003 in Odessa TX, and to say the least, the dealership didn’t know what they were doing. They wouldn’t give me any kind of paperwork, wouldn’t call me, and wouldn’t even give me an estimated date of arrival more specific than “in a few months”. Finally, after waiting FOUR months, I demanded to see something on paper that let me know the correct car was on it’s way. They printed out a sheet –

And it was the wrong color.

I broke the deal up on the spot, demanded my deposit money, and headed back to Midland. Although I had heard ‘negative’ things about the Nissan dealer in Midland, I decided to give them a shot. I went in and bypassed the salesmen by talking to the general manager, James. We sat down, I told him what I wanted (CS Enth. 6 Speed, new from the factory, $700 over invoice), and we had a deal in minutes. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous from the other deal…

A few tense months went by, and finally I got a call from the dealership – My car was in. I left work, got to the dealership, and sure enough, my car was just unloaded from the truck, plastic still on it as requested. And they even got the damn color right… Amazing.

I took the plastic off, did the rest of the delivery stuff myself, and was out the door in just over an hour. To say the deal went smooth would be an understatement.

I’m thrilled with the car, and the attention you get is amazing. I mean, literally, people get up in restaurants to look at the thing. And the women, oh the women. I’ve had the most beautiful women strike up conversations in parking lots about the car, and I have to say I don’t mind.

But, the whole point of this long, useless tirade is this – Anyone who is considering ordering a car needs to be VERY vigilant about keeping tabs on the dealership. I have since heard many horror stories of orders gone awry, so I know I’m not the only one. Make them give you an order form, keep anything and everything in writing, and for the love of God, if something doesn’t quite seem right, it probably isn’t!

Just a word of caution to future Z owners. And if you are in Midland, Texas, go see James at Permian Basin Nissan – This guy is no B.S.; I’ve never done a smoother car deal.

Crap, this is way too long…
Old 03-07-2004, 07:31 PM
meeno

This happened a few times...sheesh since october?!! I would be pissed.

This is why I refuse to order one...I like the ideo but I can't wait that long...I will most likely locate one...
Old 03-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Janus

I called Little Tokyo Sales and Leasing about June of last year.

It took me 2 weeks to get the exact car that I wanted.

This guy has amazing pull power in SoCal. And the guy found a car that hadn't even cleared customs yet sitting in a container in L.B. harbor for me, with exactly what I wanted.

I paid 500 under MSRP at a time when there was a 3-month wait,
and he had all the paperwork prepared, and gave me a contact info of a guy who would give me a good deal on my old car, which we worked out as a trade in.

Then he had the car delivered to my work, picked up my old car, went through the features and had all the paperwork filled out for transfer of ownership to my old car.

He normally sells Lexus and Infinities. But he can get just about any Japan Import car.

Apparently, last I talked to him I was the only person to buy a Z from him.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:39 AM
FairladyZ

I would locate one. Couldnt stand the wait.