2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I'm trying soooooo hard...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:42 PM
drgenefish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm trying soooooo hard...

Well,

some of you know the story...I put a down payment on a Red Touring back in September...I found out that the dealer didnt order it this January. I replaced the order...or so I thought.

Turns out that the dealer sold the dealership and to make a long story short, my car was ordered again yesterday.

Well, the new dealer called me to apoligize (it wasn't his fault) and said my car will be ready in July!

He checked his inventory and he has a new never driven 04 Liquid Aluminum. He said he would only charge me like 300 bucks more for it. (I can probably talk him down to free easily). Also I got an incredible deal from this dealer that he will honor. (only $1,000 above invoice)

Should I take the aluminum or wait it out until july for the red?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:45 PM
dchengmd

Why should we make the decision for you? You're the one who has to drive the car.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Pusha Z
Banned

Get the color Z you really want, if not you'll end up regretting it
Old 03-09-2004, 03:11 PM
hsdavis

My suggestion is to buy a red Buick. There are tons of them on the lots. Just my two cents. I hope it helps.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Bertg

Get the color you want, even if you have to wait for it. You'll be happier than settling for something else. Good luck!
Old 03-09-2004, 03:46 PM
tbcz

Bear in mind that they are probably greatly exaggerating how long it will take for the red one to be delivered in order to move the silver one. I say if you want a red one, order it and laugh at the dealer when it shows up in May.

Also, have you checked the inventory on Nissan's website? I would not be suprised if your exact car is sitting on a lot somewhere waiting for you.

Last edited by tbcz; 03-09-2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:06 PM
zzzya

There is a red touring model Z here at the local dealership in Iowa on the lot. Has only been here for a few weeks. Quite interesting actually. There are only a couple of Zs in town but the local dealership has moved quite a few Zs through their lot using their internet site and Ebay. Most of them have been sold to people from out of state.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
ssk0771

Default Re: I'm trying soooooo hard...

Originally posted by drgenefish
Well,

some of you know the story...I put a down payment on a Red Touring back in September...I found out that the dealer didnt order it this January. I replaced the order...or so I thought.

Turns out that the dealer sold the dealership and to make a long story short, my car was ordered again yesterday.

Well, the new dealer called me to apoligize (it wasn't his fault) and said my car will be ready in July!

He checked his inventory and he has a new never driven 04 Liquid Aluminum. He said he would only charge me like 300 bucks more for it. (I can probably talk him down to free easily). Also I got an incredible deal from this dealer that he will honor. (only $1,000 above invoice)

I say take it. It seems like a good deal plus liquid aluminum is a great color also.

Just my thought. You need to make the decision.

By the way, what color is the interior?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:56 PM
samw1978

If you like the red, I mean... really like it, then wait for it
but if you like Liquid Aluminum also, why not just take it right away? it's a nice color also
Z looks perfect in any color! (DB being my personal favorite still of coz )
Old 03-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Jetpilot718

Well, I was origionally gonna get the liquid alum., but it was sold before I could get dibs on it. Then a beautiful superblack performance came into question, and I made the best "not my first choice" decision in my life. I advise on doin the same.

PS - My first choice was Redline.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:33 AM
KyleB

Default Re: I'm trying soooooo hard...

Originally posted by drgenefish
Well,

You should be able to find a red one somewhere nearby. If you like the dealership, have them search. Heck, I have a red 03 touring I can give you a killer deal on. But I'm sure SOMEONE nearby has a red 04.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:31 AM
BFG10

Dude, get the Redline. It's what you wanted and the liquid whatever is a boring color, really it isn't a color. I'm sure you can find a red one at a number of other dealerships and show them you're deal, they will want your business. Call around and work it.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:40 AM
drgenefish

well...thanks for the replies and advice (especially to get a buick)...I got my liquid aluminum and i finally have my car!!!!!!!!!!!
It's in the shop now getting a remote starter on it. Black interior btw for whoever asked.

So I'm on board now officially!

BTW, the mechanincal door on the nav system is awesome. It opens and closes itself when my car starts and turns off...I didn't know it would do that for me.