Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

For all you No. VA guys...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 09:11 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For all you No. VA guys...

Well, I just broke the 1000 mile marker in my Z! Since the debate is still on regarding when to get that first oil change, I think I'll go ahead and get it done now, then at regular 3K intervals. Aside from "DIY", does anyone have any good suggestions as to where to take the car here in No. VA that won't screw up my car? I'm about 5 minutes away from Browns' Sterling Nissan, so it would be very easy to take it there. Anyone hear horror stories or praise about these guys? I bought my car at Brown's Fairfax, but they're just too far away for me.

To the general population... If I go Synthetic, am I going to have to supply my own oil, or will the shops have it? What should I use? I want the best for my car. If the answer is, "Do a search, @$$hole!", I'm fine with that too

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:17 AM
DiRN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For all you No. VA guys...

Originally posted by kcobean
To the general population... If I go Synthetic, am I going to have to supply my own oil, or will the shops have it? What should I use?
I use Mobil 1. And I went to my dealer to pick up an oil filter a few weeks ago and I noticed they had a sh*tload of it. I imagine most do.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:37 AM
abstrakt

I'm not sure if all dealerships have synthetic oil in stock. Even if they so I think it would be cheaper to buy from a wholesale club like BJs or Costco. I bought my Z from Brown's Sterling and it was a good experience but I never had it serviced there since I live close to Baltimore.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:29 AM
sparkman

I've yet to have my Z serviced at Brown's Sterling, but I did have my Maxima serviced there several times. As far as oil changes and such are concerned, I never had a problem.

But, I had dust behind the screen cover on the maxima (now a TSB ), and they scratched the hell out of the screen while cleaning it, so it took months to get it fixed. They had to order a new screen, blah blah blah. But they were good about giving me a loaner. Gave me a '04 Murano off the lot for a week while they replaced the screen (yes, it took a week).

I like geting service from them, but I live in woodbridge, so driving all the way to Sterling is a pain in the a**. I'd like to get it done at the dealership in woodbridge, but I always get that greasy, used-car-salesman feel every time I go there.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:57 AM
stopgo

Hey KCobean,

Brown's Sterling should do a fair job of taking care of your car. Ask to speak to Sherri Smith in Service (703)948-1100.

Scott
Old 03-22-2004, 12:29 PM
noahbuddy

I had my transmission done a Brown's Sterling. No problems at all with the service there. And, Sherri is kind of cute...
Old 03-22-2004, 02:38 PM
TCL

I brought Mobil 1 to my dealer when it was time for the oil change. My dealer is in Maryland but they are highly rated so I make the trip when I need service (Herb Gordon Nissan in Silver Spring). I've also used Sheehy Nissan in Manassas for a NISMO install and for work on my daughter's Nissan. So far I've had good experiences with them as well.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Pusha Z
Banned

kcobean Sterling Browns is my favorite dealership. Sherri is very cool and so are all of the others in the service department. Im getting my oil changed there on Wednesday