Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what does aero dynamic package look like?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Xevious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does aero dynamic package look like?

So im looking for a 350Z color daytona blue, enthusiast model, with 6 speed MT, and all the accesories except the aero dynamics package i searched all the dealers in california and found about 4 or 5 exact matches that have everything including the aerodynamic package, and i found like 2 that were missing the side curtain airbags, which are important so i might be stuck with aerodynamic package or waiting 2 months until they can build one from the factory. I havent really seen the aerodynamic package but me/my dad is pretty sure we arent going to like it, i was wondering if anyone had any pictures of what it looks like sense i cant seem to find it on the website
Old 03-28-2004, 03:10 AM
LBSOHK

i believe aero dynamic package consists of a rear spoiler , and very small body colored chin in the front..

Last edited by LBSOHK; 03-28-2004 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:27 AM
azjimbo

Check out nissanusa.com.Small rear spoiler and front lip spoiler(not body colored).
Old 03-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Xevious

ok so i got a look at it and im wondering if it really helps that much, it gives you .29 drag coeffecient i believe? does it help a bit for gas mialidge and such?
Old 03-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Pusha Z
Banned

Originally posted by Xevious
ok so i got a look at it and im wondering if it really helps that much, it gives you .29 drag coeffecient i believe? does it help a bit for gas mialidge and such?
I dont know but its supposed to create "zero lift" as opposed to drag. I doubt it does much to the gas mileage
Old 03-28-2004, 01:03 PM
sparky3Z

I put the front chin spoiler on mine even though it's not showy. It probably helps at speed, but I doubt it has any noticeable effect on mileage.

One reason for getting it is that is hard but flexible plastic and gives you a protective rub strip under the nose. And it's not expensive.

I did not add the rear spoiler because I personally like the clean look of the stock body. It also adds a little weight and the kit comes with new hatch struts to compensate. I may change my mind and put one on some day. I like it both ways.

If you're not sure which way to go, wait a while. You can always add it later. If you get it now and later decide you don't like it, then you have to deal with the holes in the hatch lid.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:50 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it already has the package on, i would say get it. unless you plan on getting another wing in the future. the oem wing looks alright to me. like pusha z said, the front spoiler is for zero lift. dont know about mileage, but it is supposed to help with handling at higher speeds.

you definately dont buy that spoiler for looks. it is very easy to miss.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:29 PM
peterhong

I have the aerodynamic package on my car and all i can say is the front spoiler does serve a very important purpose --> when i bottom out it takes the damage as opposed to the front chin spoiler. You can't even see the thing but if you run your hands across the bottom of the front end, you will notice a little 1/4 inch piece of plastic sticking down.

But, I think I just read in another post that you got your Z already, so Congrats on whichever package you chose.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:34 PM
azjimbo

I have the Track so it comes standard.I like it because it is not showy.Very clean looking.