Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 02:09 PM
ttsupra94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are those wheels?
Old 03-30-2004, 02:10 PM
guru_ck

She probabley couldn't see it because your car is black and it was dark in the parking garage.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:21 PM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks...at least it wasn't the rear fender or any other panel that couldn't be replaced. Another member on this forum, wren57, had the same exact thing happen to him, but it was a Chevy Avalanche (sp?) that caused it and it was on the driver door. I think he said the door skin was about $300, but you could PM him for exact details.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Pusha Z
Banned

Originally posted by ttsupra94
What are those wheels?
they look like the Maya wheels. Look in the gallery
Old 03-30-2004, 03:00 PM
erock

Those are Iforged Swift's in 20"
Old 03-31-2004, 08:31 AM
DiRN

I was at the Devils/Rangers game last night and all I could think about during the game was the pictures of what the truck did to your Z. The spots were really tight. When I came out I had two monsters parked next to me. Nothing quite as big as the Ram 1500 though. Fortunately nothing happened. At least before the game I got a good laugh because some guy in an S-Class cut me off in the parking lot and ended up just a few spots down. He commented to me "these spots are really small," to which I replied "It's a good thing that I have a small car."
Old 03-31-2004, 08:49 AM
tyoung88

Ouch! Sorry about the damage. I just had a similar incident with my PPW 350z however whoever dinged my car wasn't nice enough to leave a note

My dent/scratch/paint marks weren't as bad as yours . . . the dent looks pretty huge but could be deceiving, did it break the paint? One note of advice after interviewing various body shops is that there are two options 1) Replace the door panel 2) Attempt to smooth it out. I had mine smoothed out as the body shop that finally did the work pointed out that the original door panel is precision welded (via robots) together, you can see the tight welds if you open the door. If they have to replace the panel unless you go to a crazy body shop with robots a human will weld the new panel on . . . which will never be as percise as the original weld, and subsequent rattles may or may not appear later. Hope this helps and good luck. I had to pay my deductible since they didn't have any info of the other driver
Old 03-31-2004, 09:01 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by ttsupra94
What are those wheels?
iForged Swift
Old 03-31-2004, 09:05 AM
FB-350

Originally posted by tyoung88
Ouch! Sorry about the damage. I just had a similar incident with my PPW 350z however whoever dinged my car wasn't nice enough to leave a note

My dent/scratch/paint marks weren't as bad as yours . . . the dent looks pretty huge but could be deceiving, did it break the paint? One note of advice after interviewing various body shops is that there are two options 1) Replace the door panel 2) Attempt to smooth it out. I had mine smoothed out as the body shop that finally did the work pointed out that the original door panel is precision welded (via robots) together, you can see the tight welds if you open the door. If they have to replace the panel unless you go to a crazy body shop with robots a human will weld the new panel on . . . which will never be as percise as the original weld, and subsequent rattles may or may not appear later. Hope this helps and good luck. I had to pay my deductible since they didn't have any info of the other driver
the two places i've gotten estimates from so far said they would replace the door skin... 1st place $900, second wanted $1500....
Old 03-31-2004, 09:05 AM
Ryan Davis

A year ago my '97 civic got totaled from hail damage so I took the $5,000 check to put down on a 2001 Civic LX. 2 weeks later i'm stoped at a red light and then BOOM! a guy in a truck hit me nocking the person in front of me into the intersection sending him to a hospital and damaging a car of a family of three. I had witnesses and even the fireman went to my school and the guys insurance saying it was al his fault. State Farm then tried to only give me $5,000 again even though it had frame damage so finaly 2 weks after that they agreed it was totaled. So I see a lawyer and he says "i'm not going to give you doctor advise anymore than I would want them giving legal advise but we can get everyone involved". So i see a doctor about 5 times only because I did not have a car. I couldn't work because I did not have a car. Makes since. so five months later i get my loss wages claim of $850 but i still don't have rides to see a doctor. a month later he settles without me and I only get $188 which is less than the $500 Progressive ofered (the reason I got a lawyer in the first place). Then right before christmas, MY State Farm insurance drops me! A month ago I then recieve a letter saying that "following up the investigation" they decided it wasn't his fault after they admitted to it 6 months earlier. I thought no matter what when you hit someone it's your fault. It's only because I was a 20 year-old driving a nice car.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:56 AM
tyoung88

Originally posted by FB-350
the two places i've gotten estimates from so far said they would replace the door skin... 1st place $900, second wanted $1500....
The $1500 sounds about right, $900 seems a bit low. Sounds like not replacing the panel isn't an option in your case. Therefore, make sure it's done right. Welding the panel probably isn't a big deal but getting the right paint/clear coat is. Not only do you want to make sure it matches perfectly but that they don't use crappy paint that will dull or change over the years. You don't want to be looking at a 350z with an off-color door in a few years. Plus, since it's "no fault" as the lady hit you I don't see a reason to penny pinch and go to a cheaper possibly inferior shop. Good luck again.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:27 PM
Shujun

That looks painful! Sorry to see iit.

Those rims are the funk ya know!