Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Rockford Fosgate for the Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
oscarmayer00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockford Fosgate for the Z

2005 Xterra is offered with a premium 300-watt Rockford Fosgate(R) powered audio system with nine speakers, steering wheel controls, MP3 capability and satellite radio. Maybe the 2005 350Z will have the same???
Old 04-06-2004, 08:39 AM
zeroday

Default Re: Rockford Fosgate for the Z

Originally posted by oscarmayer00
2005 Xterra is offered with a premium 300-watt Rockford Fosgate(R) powered audio system with nine speakers, steering wheel controls, MP3 capability and satellite radio. Maybe the 2005 350Z will have the same???
if they did this and didn't retro fit it into the 03-04 touring models with the crappy bose that I and others paid lots of $$ for they would have some VERY angry (ex)customers...almost worse than if they just left it the same IMO.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:30 AM
fblue

My 2003 Xterra has the Rockford Fosgate. So they probably would have offered it on the Z already if they were going to do so. I would love to have that system in my Z. My radio stinks, while my wife gets to listen to that killer system.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:55 AM
DiRN

Default Re: Re: Rockford Fosgate for the Z

Originally posted by zeroday
if they did this and didn't retro fit it into the 03-04 touring models with the crappy bose that I and others paid lots of $$ for they would have some VERY angry (ex)customers...almost worse than if they just left it the same IMO.
How dare a car company make changes to newer models.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:55 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: Rockford Fosgate for the Z

Originally posted by DiRN
How dare a car company make changes to newer models.
this situation is unique. we paid for something and did not recieve it. a premium sound system. if there is an upgraded stereo that fits/works in the z then should be entitled to get the upgrade IMO. it's a matter of principle.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:12 PM
DiRN

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Rockford Fosgate for the Z

this situation is unique. we paid for something and did not recieve it. a premium sound system. if there is an upgraded stereo that fits/works in the z then should be entitled to get the upgrade IMO. it's a matter of principle.
Is it actually called a premium sound system? I don't have it, so I don't know. On www.nissanusa.com it just says Bose Audio System. If that's the case, as long as your system says Bose, you got what you were promised.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:39 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rockford Fosgate for the Z

Is it actually called a premium sound system? I don't have it, so I don't know. On www.nissanusa.com it just says Bose Audio System. If that's the case, as long as your system says Bose, you got what you were promised.
premium...whatever...that's just semantics. lets cut to the real issue here; it's positioned as an upgrade to the sound system in the other z trim levels and it doesn't sound any better...actually worse. also, EVERY bose product i've ever heard doesn't sound this bad. My 02 acura cls type s had a bose system that sounded far FAR better. There has always been an implicit expectation when you purchase a bose system that it's at least up to a certain standard...it's supposed to be a 'premium' brand. pre-ordered z owners weren't able to listen to it before they bought it and got ripped.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:53 PM
DiRN

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rockford Fosgate for the Z

There has always been an implicit expectation when you purchase a bose system that it's at least up to a certain standard...it's supposed to be a 'premium' brand.
Have you (or anyone) tried contacting Bose? They are the ones who actually manufactured the system, not Nissan. Nissan just installed it.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:57 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rockford Fosgate for the Z

Have you (or anyone) tried contacting Bose? They are the ones who actually manufactured the system, not Nissan. Nissan just installed it.
haha

Yes I contacted Bose multiple times to raise their awareness of the problem. I shouldn't have had to though; it came in my nissan and as such is part of the car. It's warrantied by Nissan as well. Many of the parts on the z are not manufactured by Nissan. You don't see people going to each different manufacturer for repairs do you?

Last edited by zeroday; 04-06-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Blue350zCali

DiRN just reminded me that I havent heard from Patty in a long time.