2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Enthusiast or Touring??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 04:02 AM
97modman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enthusiast or Touring??

Want to start by saying hello to all..

I tried using the search function but it seemed to be down..

In any case i am looking into purchasing a new(used) Z and I have to that i am looking at one is a Enthusiast (6600 miles) and the other is a Touring(15,500miles)..dont know if there is much difference between the 2..all i know is that the touing is $3000 more than the Enth..they are also both 6spd's..

My question is do they both have the same suspension??

what are the benefits of having one or the other??

well thats it for now if there is anything else to throw in there please let me know..

Thanks in Advance..
Old 04-13-2004, 04:40 AM
jovasi

All the internals are the same (suspension, engine, etc). The touring comes with heated leather seats, bose stereo, 18" wheels. There may be a few other options. If you live somewhere cold, the heated seats are great. The Bose system sounds like a$$. Good luck!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:47 AM
97modman

i guess then i should be fine with the enthu..I live in New Jersey but most likely will not be driving in the winter months..thanks for the info..
Old 04-13-2004, 04:51 AM
97modman

wait there is also a base coupe?? is every package the same suspension?? thats all i really care about..
Old 04-13-2004, 05:38 AM
MA4

how much are they asking for either of these cars?
Old 04-13-2004, 05:41 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blose sucks big time. They should pay us for having to listen to it. Traction stability control is nice to have in winter. But if Enthu has VDC (I'm not sure) you'll be fine. Seats are good, but you can get nice aftermarket seats for much less than you'll save buying Enthu. Now, if somebody sells a car with 6000 miles, I bet it's a problem car. To trade in 6K miles car is to loose a lot of money... And somebody did it anyway... I'd stay away from 6K miles. 30K is telling owner changed it not because it was bad.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:50 AM
DiRN

Originally posted by 97modman
wait there is also a base coupe?? is every package the same suspension?? thats all i really care about..
The Base, Enthusiast, Performance, and Touring trims all share the same suspension. I believe the Track trim has the same suspension, but that the aero package adds something. I'm not positive about that though.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:03 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Get the Enthusiast. Go to Nissan website to read about all the differences between models.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:08 AM
robcassell

get a ford focus
Old 04-13-2004, 08:19 AM
fblue

When I got my car I had a choice between a black touring and a chrome silver enthusiast. I took the Enthusiast because I wanted chrome silver and I liked the Enthusiast rims better. In hindsight I wish I would have gotten the touring because of the amenities. If you don't need extra bells and whistles, go with the Entusiast, as it performs the same as the more expensive models.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:33 AM
DiRN

I wanted an Enthusiast. I got an Enthusiast. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get an Enthusiast. I don't like heated seats, so if I want leather I can put it in for cheaper than getting a Touring. And I like the 17s better than the 18s.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:39 AM
fblue

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DiRN
I wanted an Enthusiast. I got an Enthusiast. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get an Enthusiast. I don't like heated seats, so if I want leather I can put it in for cheaper than getting a Touring. And I like the 17s better than the 18s. [/QUOTEI

I like the Enthusiast Rims better than all of the other rims, except for the Track rims. Why do you like 17's better than 18's? I'm just curious.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:41 AM
DiRN

Originally posted by fblue
I like the Enthusiast Rims better than all of the other rims, except for the Track rims. Why do you like 17's better than 18's? I'm just curious.
I think the size better compliments the car.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:45 AM
fblue

Originally posted by DiRN
I think the size better compliments the car.
As far as performance, what do the 18's do better than the 17's? I know they hold the road better, but do they help on launches? I'm really not too knowledgeable about the mechanics of cars. I just know I like fast cars. There has to be a reason that they put the bigger tires on the track model.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Vlad

The main reason is that the people like bigger wheels. It's totally unrelated to performance... But if you notice, most of the "sport" packages/trims for modern cars have nothing to do with performance either. It's usually leather seats, better headlamps, non-functional/hurting spoiler, bigger and heavier wheels...
Just most of the people like the word "sport" so it's selled to them.
With bigger wheels even if it's the same weight, the weight distribution is closer to outer radious so it hurts braking/acceleration. Short sidewall not a sinonim to better corner handling either. And if you hit a curb with that fancy 19 or 20 wheel going fast, you are bound for BIG troubles...

If you check all advanced racing series (like F1 and Champ Cars) you'll find out that they use 12" to 14" inch rims.

Last edited by Vlad; 04-13-2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:20 AM
DiRN

As far as performance, what do the 18's do better than the 17's? I know they hold the road better, but do they help on launches? I'm really not too knowledgeable about the mechanics of cars. I just know I like fast cars. There has to be a reason that they put the bigger tires on the track model.
Pimp. Bling. Whatever you want to call it, there are a lot of people that are attracted to large wheels. The bigger wheel the better. That's really all there is to it.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:25 AM
fblue

Pimp. Bling. Whatever you want to call it, there are a lot of people that are attracted to large wheels. The bigger wheel the better. That's really all there is to it.
Oh, I thought bigger wheels helped the performance.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:26 AM
DiRN

Oh, I thought bigger wheels helped the performance.
No, just like Vlad said, the smaller wheels (12s/14s) actually help with performance.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:34 AM
fblue

No, just like Vlad said, the smaller wheels (12s/14s) actually help with performance.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:03 AM
marhot

I wanted an Enthusiast. I got an Enthusiast. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get an Enthusiast. I don't like heated seats, so if I want leather I can put it in for cheaper than getting a Touring. And I like the 17s better than the 18s.
Ditto. I got an Enthusiast because I didn’t want leather, didn’t need 18” wheels and VDC, already knew that the Bose was horrible, and don’t care about NAV.

As everyone previously said, what’s important (engine & suspension) is the same on all models. The only difference are the little ‘goodies’.

I figure if I ever want larger wheels I can buy better aftermarket ones for cheaper and better looking. And the same goes for better audio & leather.

Only pay for what you want and remember most “upgrades” are better going aftermarket. So don’t pay for something you are going to remove or throw out eventually.

Quick Reply: Enthusiast or Touring??