Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Nezian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Interior

Looking over nessian's website it seemed to me that leather interior is only available for the touring model....is this right?

Nathan
Old 04-14-2004, 04:18 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, but you can get aftermarket leather that matches perfectly. The dealer can arrange it or you can get it yourself from Classic Soft Trim.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:14 AM
Nezian

ah i see...that seems odd, lol...thanks for the info

Nathan
Old 04-14-2004, 05:39 AM
DiRN

Originally posted by Nezian
ah i see...that seems odd, lol...thanks for the info

Nathan
I don't know if you mean it's weird that it's only on one trim, or that you can arrange it through the dealer to be done aftermarket, but the Touring trim is the luxury trim. And lots of people have had the seats installed aftermarket, especially in Performance and Tracks models. If you want leather that is/looks like the stock leather, follow DavesZ#3's suggest. Or you can go to anyone who does leather seats and get any seats you want installed.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Nezian

i was more referring to the fact that it can be arranged through the dealer, lol. But ya, i knew the touring was the luxury so that made sense, just that nissan knows that people want the leather in other trims (hence the through dealer thing) but doesnt offer it....i think that was more my deal.

Nathan
Old 04-14-2004, 12:30 PM
DiRN

i was more referring to the fact that it can be arranged through the dealer, lol. But ya, i knew the touring was the luxury so that made sense, just that nissan knows that people want the leather in other trims (hence the through dealer thing) but doesnt offer it....i think that was more my deal.

Nathan
Oh okay. You can get the dealer to install any option available in the other trims. It's just you have to pay for the parts and the installation, instead of just paying for the upgrade when it's an available option for the trim.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Nezian

ohh i see...so like i could start with the base and then add parts from the other trims like the LSD or HIDs if i wanted too, well that makes sense.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:20 AM
fivespeed5

ohh i see...so like i could start with the base and then add parts from the other trims like the LSD or HIDs if i wanted too, well that makes sense.
um.. on the LSD I don't think you want the dealer to install it. I doubt they even will, the labor on it is WAY to much.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:20 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, you cannot add any/all features from other models; e.g. LSD,TCS,VDC, TPS, etc.

The features come as packages installed at the factory.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Nezian

Originally posted by fivespeed5
um.. on the LSD I don't think you want the dealer to install it. I doubt they even will, the labor on it is WAY to much.
It was more of an example....

Originally posted by The Brickyard Rat
No, you cannot add any/all features from other models; e.g. LSD,TCS,VDC, TPS, etc.
So you can only get some of the other options installed? Could you get some aftermarket parts installed like cobra seats or whatever?...i know, at least i thought, they will install the greddy TT, but i'm probably wrong.

Nathan
Old 04-15-2004, 02:33 PM
NismoKid

So you can only get some of the other options installed? Could you get some aftermarket parts installed like cobra seats or whatever?...i know, at least i thought, they will install the greddy TT, but i'm probably wrong.

Nathan
A dealer won't install a Greddy TT. If you find one that will and still let you keep your warranty, please tell us who they are. Some dealers are b!tchy when it comes to aftermarket stuff and warranty work, but there are some cool ones that don't mind.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:00 PM
DiRN

I should've been more clear. The performance pieces, the things that really separate most of the trims, can't be added. The cosmetic/luxury stuff can be. So you can't get LSD, TCS, VDC, or cruise control installed, but you can get the pedals, the seats, the lights. The Bose might work different, cause I don't think a lot of dealers do audio equipment.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Nezian

Originally posted by NismoKid
A dealer won't install a Greddy TT. If you find one that will and still let you keep your warranty, please tell us who they are. Some dealers are b!tchy when it comes to aftermarket stuff and warranty work, but there are some cool ones that don't mind.
really? i was told that the greddy kit wont void the warranty if installed by a greddy or nissan tech and the same thing with nismo coilovers....think i read that here...let me look...eh, cant find it, must have seen it somewhere else.

Nathan
Old 04-15-2004, 05:13 PM
DiRN

really? i was told that the greddy kit wont void the warranty if installed by a greddy or nissan tech and the same thing with nismo coilovers....think i read that here...let me look...eh, cant find it, must have seen it somewhere else.

Nathan
The only thing I've ever seen in writing from Nissan was that if you get a dealer to install any Nismo S-Tune parts they won't void the warranty. Perhaps you read something from GReddy talking about their warranty for the TT?
Old 04-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Nezian

maybe that was it....also i thought that nissan was going to offer a greddy 350z with the TT on it, i think starting this summer...that i have the link to, but i'm on a public comp so i dont know it off hand, will look for it when i get home.

Nathan
Old 04-15-2004, 05:24 PM
NismoKid

maybe that was it....also i thought that nissan was going to offer a greddy 350z with the TT on it, i think starting this summer...that i have the link to, but i'm on a public comp so i dont know it off hand, will look for it when i get home.

Nathan
I haven't heard anything about that, but sounds cool to me. This is all I know about the Greddy installs: Greddy will only grant your warranty (for Greddy parts, not the engine) if the install is done by an authorized Greddy installer (mostly likely a Greddy dealer, too). Nissan is neither and an FI kit on the Z will not be covered under warranty for the engine*.

* you'll still have warranty work for other things like window grease streaks, radio, etc. They have to prove the engine mods messed them up for them to not perform work (they can't prove anything).
Old 04-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Nezian

ya, heres the link to the Greddy Eddition Z.... http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0307tur_350z/ ...i dont know if this article says about it going for sale, but i KNOW i saw somewhere that it wuold be for sale summer of 2004.

Nathan