Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 12:39 AM
InternetABYSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid

(This is the Service Dept at Auto Nation Bankston Lewisville.)

I'm typing this up here because I wanted this documented. Ok as everyone knows I was taking my car in last week because of my Service engine soon light and the computer rebooting at high rmp using 93 octane gas...for some reason I can't get this error to occur using 89 octane gas.

Well I was called by the service tech at the dealership on tuesday since he was one of the techs that turned the light off and told me that they called nissan tech line about the issue and said that some nissan engineers are flying in from california to trouble shoot my computer fluke. Well this is where the story starts.

Well the tech called on tuesday saying it was a emergency and I had to get the car in NOW and they would get me a rental...so needless to say I drove over there in a rush and dropped my car off and picked up a toyota camery rental. The next day I drove by to see my car and get info. We'll no Nissan Engineers showed up yet he said....He told me that the tech here is doing some computer tests and sending it to california NNA HQ. I was like ok I'll check in tomarrow I wanna talk to these nissan engineers.

On Thursday afternoon I go back and talk to this same tech and he tells me "Well the nissan engineers arent here yet they said they are having delays because they have to ship special computer equipment air freight so they sould be here tomarrow. I said " So my car has just sat there for the past 3 days and you told me it was some big emergency"...He said "No, we test drove it and was able to replicate the problem." I asked him how were you able to replicate the problem. He said we drove it and it just did it at low rmp. I replied saying that everytime it came on was after running at high rpm and it only happend 2 times in 1700 miles.

He made no comment.

I left but not before saying that if the nissan engineers don't show up tomarrow, I'm taking my car back.

Well the next day friday at 2:00 I went back to the dealer. Talked to the tech and he said they didn't get here yet and you need to keep the car here. Needless to say I was done with his BS. I said no, I'll take the car and you can call me when they get here and I'll bring the car.

He told me I had to sign a liabilty letter. I was like this it "Wheres the guy in charge."

I meet the guy incharge. He was the district guy incharge of all the Auto Nation dealers. I meet him because the service manager there was LET GO. HMMmmmmm

Well I met with this guy and he was hiding something and confessed that the whole BS story about nissan engineers coming was a complete lie. My jaw dropped. I asked why the heck did this guy lie to me he said "I don't know and I'll have to talk to him in our one on one." I said did you ever do anything to the car???? He said on tuesday we hooked it up to the computer and ran tests on the car. I asked when was this all completed. He said you could have picked your car up on Wednesday. I was like WTF???????

He told me that THE TRUTH was that nissan wanted me to keep the car there till nissan TECHS could come up with a solution for the issue and tell the dealer what to do. He said that nissan said that they didnt want me to drive the car. Well now I'm in a pickle the service department has been BSing me for 4 days and is this the truth or they pulling my change.

I said I'm taking my property and gonna inspect the car and might take it to a different dealership to get a second opinion. Well I DIDN'T SIGN ANYTHING and took my car. The auto nation guy told me that the car came in with 1749 miles and is leaving at 1749 miles. I got in my car and drove away...just ticked off and was like what the hell do I do now....and cusing out the dealership.

Then I Look at the speedo.......1859??????? WHAT THE F*CK!!!! I called the guy right back and left a message of his cell phone.....I just about SH*T a MASSIVE BRICK....A HUNDRED AND TEN MILES????? The ticket says IN 1749 and OUT 1749. Ok I get home and I call and I call till I get ahold of this guy. I talked to him and said, The service tech told me he test drove it but you say my car has never moved and the keys were in your desk the entire time. He said "on tuesday or wednesday the car could have been test driven I don't know? I ask him how many miles do you guys normally put on a car in a test drive. HE SAID 2-7 miles...I said then WHY IN THE HELL DOES IT HAVE 110 MILES MORE ON IT?????

Well, Needless to say I heard abunch of I'm sorry sir and a song/dance.

Well the HORROR doesn't end there...I been driving the car this weekend and the brakes are squeaking and 2nd gear feels like its going out (starting to grind while shifting):

Well needless to say I been very pissed...and havent been in the best of spirits. But one thing is sure. I'm calling every single contact I have at nissan.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:13 AM
rai

I can can't believe they would pull that crap. I mean why not start with the truth? But of course the truth is rarely found at a car dealer.

I don't think you have much of a case with the milage thing since the ticket sais otherwise. I totally believe you, but now it's like your word against theirs. I hate to even bring it up, but you may have a LEMON.

Keep us posted. Hope it gets fixed or you are given a NEW car.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:37 AM
goofyZ

that's awful. I never thought about checking the milage on the ticket. I'm not sure you can do anything because they will claim they were just test driving it to find your problem which you admitted doesn't happen to frequently. I'd definatly complain to both NNA and file a complaint with the BBB.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:50 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Go get em Abyss! That sucks Big Time! Just another reason why dealerships get such a horrible reputation.

Like someone said above, go for the Lemon Law.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:33 AM
DrDrilZ

that really does suck big time. do everything possible to correct this situation. go as high up as possible. i'm not surprised though, this dealership being owned by autonation.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:35 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Wow.

You ought to send that story to Webster's for the new definition of "ordeal."

ZBarrister and Robbyn are lawyers. If it isn't their speciality, PM me and I'll call my sister. She is a lawyer in the DC area.

Hang in there Jason.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:57 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason-
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I would definitely talk to someone about getting compensated for your time/effort/hassle when they were just yankin' your chain in the first place. Absolutely unnecessary. Find a new service department ASAP (like I'm sure you haven't thought of that )...and Good luck...
Old 09-30-2002, 07:06 AM
lhapp

Angry

I'd be calling the Better Business Bureau and I'd be calling my local tv stations. They usually have a complaint segment where they give the dealer bad press on camera!
Old 09-30-2002, 07:45 AM
jhchan

My advice to you would be to call the Nissan consumer affairs 800 number (don't have it on me) and give them the dealership name and your story. Also mention specific names of people. They should be inclined to take your story seriously.

After having several bad episodes with service on my 2000 Sentra SE I called to complain. Although I didn't get any monetary compensation directly from Nissan I (and co-workers) noticed that the service department had a house cleaning and the next time I went in I was treated like a king. I too am VERY VERY disappointed with the service I received at 2 different nissan dealerships (Fireside Nissan, Attleboro, MA and Johnson Nissan, Kingston, NY). However I must say the sales team and management at Johnson Nissan was top notch. They tried to compensate me wherever possible after problems cropped up on my new car. Fireside is where I had the most problems, but like I said looks like they cleaned up a bit.

I know this is a bit off topic but anyone have experience at nissan dealerships in the boston and south shore area?

Last edited by jhchan; 09-30-2002 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:49 AM
WashUJon

I'd log a complaint with Nissan that they may have damaged your car and/or taken the car on a joyride, not to mention the dishonesty. At least then you could have it on file, so when you get everything that they broke fixed under warranty, there won't be any issues.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:14 AM
SandMan

Ouch! This is everyone's nightmare come true. I have a hard time trusting those service guys myself. I hear horror stories all the time. Seems like they couldn't give a rats ***. You should contact NNA right away and file a huge *** complaint. Get the BBB too. Maybe even try and take legal action for the crap they pulled on you. You have to expose these bastards, the more they are exposed the less of them there will be. Sorry to hear about this, a terrible experience no one should be going through. You might also want to purchase an assault rifle and go postal on them, but thats just what I would do.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:37 AM
cheap

They put on 5% of your total miles. Therefore I think they should pay for 5% of your car, along with an extended warrantee to cover whatever damage they might have incurred during that 5%.

Just my opinion.

Also, kinda makes it easier to justify buying a GPS to hide in your trunk to track movement and whatnot - many of them even have time-stamped tracking. Good for proof, which you seem to have a lack of.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:58 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

That was by far the worst story I've read in regards to shitty customer service. I'm truely sorry to hear about such a terrible ordeal.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:58 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Man, Jason, they really, REALLY hate you over there. What did you do to them?
Old 09-30-2002, 09:01 AM
digerydingo

You have amazing restraint, had this happened to me I would probably be in jail up on assult charges and damage to property after rampaging the shop and clocking technicians over the head with a torque wrench. That's crazy and not acceptable on any level. I think my car will take a quick trip to the spy store for some pin hole cameras before going in for my first service. My only conselation is that my dealer is quite a bit more reputable and they should have worked on six other 350's before I even take delivery of my new one, so any joyriding and stupidity by the service department should hopefully be over with.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:51 AM
LIL RAJA

Default Re: Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
(This is the Service Dept at Auto Nation Bankston Lewisville.)

I'm typing this up here because I wanted this documented. Ok as everyone knows I was taking my car in last week because of my Service engine soon light and the computer rebooting at high rmp using 93 octane gas...for some reason I can't get this error to occur using 89 octane gas.

Well I was called by the service tech at the dealership on tuesday since he was one of the techs that turned the light off and told me that they called nissan tech line about the issue and said that some nissan engineers are flying in from california to trouble shoot my computer fluke. Well this is where the story starts.

Well the tech called on tuesday saying it was a emergency and I had to get the car in NOW and they would get me a rental...so needless to say I drove over there in a rush and dropped my car off and picked up a toyota camery rental. The next day I drove by to see my car and get info. We'll no Nissan Engineers showed up yet he said....He told me that the tech here is doing some computer tests and sending it to california NNA HQ. I was like ok I'll check in tomarrow I wanna talk to these nissan engineers.

On Thursday afternoon I go back and talk to this same tech and he tells me "Well the nissan engineers arent here yet they said they are having delays because they have to ship special computer equipment air freight so they sould be here tomarrow. I said " So my car has just sat there for the past 3 days and you told me it was some big emergency"...He said "No, we test drove it and was able to replicate the problem." I asked him how were you able to replicate the problem. He said we drove it and it just did it at low rmp. I replied saying that everytime it came on was after running at high rpm and it only happend 2 times in 1700 miles.

He made no comment.

I left but not before saying that if the nissan engineers don't show up tomarrow, I'm taking my car back.

Well the next day friday at 2:00 I went back to the dealer. Talked to the tech and he said they didn't get here yet and you need to keep the car here. Needless to say I was done with his BS. I said no, I'll take the car and you can call me when they get here and I'll bring the car.

He told me I had to sign a liabilty letter. I was like this it "Wheres the guy in charge."

I meet the guy incharge. He was the district guy incharge of all the Auto Nation dealers. I meet him because the service manager there was LET GO. HMMmmmmm

Well I met with this guy and he was hiding something and confessed that the whole BS story about nissan engineers coming was a complete lie. My jaw dropped. I asked why the heck did this guy lie to me he said "I don't know and I'll have to talk to him in our one on one." I said did you ever do anything to the car???? He said on tuesday we hooked it up to the computer and ran tests on the car. I asked when was this all completed. He said you could have picked your car up on Wednesday. I was like WTF???????

He told me that THE TRUTH was that nissan wanted me to keep the car there till nissan TECHS could come up with a solution for the issue and tell the dealer what to do. He said that nissan said that they didnt want me to drive the car. Well now I'm in a pickle the service department has been BSing me for 4 days and is this the truth or they pulling my change.

I said I'm taking my property and gonna inspect the car and might take it to a different dealership to get a second opinion. Well I DIDN'T SIGN ANYTHING and took my car. The auto nation guy told me that the car came in with 1749 miles and is leaving at 1749 miles. I got in my car and drove away...just ticked off and was like what the hell do I do now....and cusing out the dealership.

Then I Look at the speedo.......1859??????? WHAT THE F*CK!!!! I called the guy right back and left a message of his cell phone.....I just about SH*T a MASSIVE BRICK....A HUNDRED AND TEN MILES????? The ticket says IN 1749 and OUT 1749. Ok I get home and I call and I call till I get ahold of this guy. I talked to him and said, The service tech told me he test drove it but you say my car has never moved and the keys were in your desk the entire time. He said "on tuesday or wednesday the car could have been test driven I don't know? I ask him how many miles do you guys normally put on a car in a test drive. HE SAID 2-7 miles...I said then WHY IN THE HELL DOES IT HAVE 110 MILES MORE ON IT?????

Well, Needless to say I heard abunch of I'm sorry sir and a song/dance that would make anyone wanna puke. He also played the blame game and mentioned that Auto NAtion is cleaning up bad personal and said he would personally handle my situation.

Well the HORROR doesn't end there...I been driving the car this weekend and the brakes are squeaking and 2nd gear feels like its going out (starting to grind while shifting)

I HOPE THE TECHS HAD ALOT OF FU*KING FUN WITH MY Z.

WHAT SHOULD I DO????? What are my legal rights???....IF anyone from Nissan is reading this PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.

Is anyone on this site a lawyer????

Well needless to say I been very pissed...and havent been in the best of spirits. But one thing is sure. I'm calling every single contact I have at nissan.

I'm giving NISSAN and the Dealership some time to make things right....IF they dont....well lets put it this way....IM NOT GONNA DROP THIS BALL.
i don't believe this crap. i suggest you see a lawyer and sue this MFs. First misrepresentation and lying to you, then driving your car around. Now your car doesn't even feel the same, WTF?
I would write to Nissan NA and also contact local newspaper to run the story, this is uncalled for. They should not be able to get away with this kind of BS... really uncalled for.

LIL Raja
Old 09-30-2002, 10:02 AM
abz123

Sorry to hear about that InternetAbyss.... and I thought Nissan would really bring an engineer down to look at the car.

That's like one of my worst fear.
Service department, doctors offices, and lawyers offices in that order.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:26 AM
InternetABYSS

Heres The bottom line.

Nissan has a fix for the car. They said its as easy as changing out the pedal. We will see if that fixes it.

The mysterious 111 miles added to my car is unknown...meaning no one is willing to stand up at the dealership and say it was them because they value their job.

The 2 different stories.... What I was told over the past week about nissan engineers flying in from califoria wasn't true.

(maybe miscommunication???? but I dont know because I was the one receiveing the false story)

The dealership has offered to provide a extended warrenty for my car because of the issues. hmmmm

I will keep you all updated with any additional information.

The management at the dealership wants to make me a happy customer. He said he does this for all his customers Z buyers to sentra buyers. (he did get a email about this post )

Quick Reply: Dealer Service Dept Horror Story...Note:this isn't for the timid