Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The latest from Port Newark - my Z is here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 04:27 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MatthewZ
NSANY,
What is the latest on these "logistical" issues in New Jersey??
Just so everyone can benefit, I'll outline what I know.

Nissan had a slight issue with the trucking company who handles the delivery of cars out of Port Newark. This caused a delay of several weeks in some cases (this may help explain some of the extensive delays seen by folks like Dr. Bonz.)

These issues are squared away, and the trailers are once again leaving at a regular pace loaded up with cars. The trailers can only hold one or two Z cars at most, which can add some delay to the process (but short of adding more trucks, there's really not much that can be done to help it.)

Once the car is processed by DAS, it is invoiced and ready for delivery. (At this point, there is some shift of insurance liability which may explain the point I'm about to make).

The prep company (DAS) has no control over the logisitics used to determine when cars are delivered, and what order they go out. This is all handled by the trucking company, and from what I hear, they're still getting used to things. (Don't misinterpret that... they're not screwing up cars at ALL. They're just having a hard time keeping their house in order.)

Anyhow, my car arrived in Newark on 9/30, showed up in Nissan's inventory on 10/4, and arrived at my dealer today, 10/7. One week turnaround was what I was quoted, and it looks like it was dead-on.

I will continue to be of as much help as I can to anyone who has questions. Understand that I do not work directly for any of the facilities at Port Newark, but I've spent a lot of time there as of late, and have made some friends, and come to know how the process works.

Peace,

NSANY
Old 10-08-2002, 02:42 AM
j's350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on getting your car. I do suspect my car in anyday like I said before. All of us jerseyites will have to meet up and go for a cruise once we all get our cars.....
Jason
East Brunswick, NJ
VIN # 2406 and waiting!!!!!!!