Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When will these BMW 3 series drivers learn..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 12:19 PM
k2we

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will these BMW 3 series drivers learn..

For the second time in 3 days, I've had a jerk in a 3 series BMW tailgate me on the highway.. This time I said "enough is enough" I have almost 1k on the odometer so I said "Lets Roll"... I went from 6th to 5th to 4th and let her rip.. I hit 115 in 4th and the poor BMW just dropped by the wayside.. This car can really move.. Very smooth and quick straight line accerlaration.. I'm really empressed.. Seems to be faster & smoother than any of my old 240/260Z's. It's a joy to drive.. I'm really glad I made the purchase.. Still have only seen one other "Z" and that was parked..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY

Touring/KY0/6MT/Side curtain air bags/mats

Last edited by k2we; 09-30-2002 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:33 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

nice kill, every one will want to toy wit the z's untill they are proven and people actually know about them......
Old 09-30-2002, 03:02 PM
tbcz

Just be sure that bimmer isn't sporting an //M on the back...
Old 09-30-2002, 03:23 PM
ATL350Z

Originally posted by tbcz
No doubt, but some of the E36s might be pretty even. I think we stand a good chance in high-speed runs, but even odds in a dead drag. Of course, if its a newer M then it will just be another kill story over on the BMW boards.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:44 PM
tbcz

I agree...the E36s should be a good match.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:44 PM
roberto350z

I think its possible to beat an M3

-make sure hes old and not paying full attention at launch.

-make sure you have been doing your short throw shift drills so you can keep ahead while hes shifting like a granny

-make sure you nail the shift at 6250hp

-if he/she misses any gears, the M3 loses!
Old 09-30-2002, 05:45 PM
ATL350Z

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
I think its possible to beat an M3

-make sure hes old and not paying full attention at launch.

-make sure you have been doing your short throw shift drills so you can keep ahead while hes shifting like a granny

-make sure you nail the shift at 6250hp

-if he/she misses any gears, the M3 loses!
This is the absolute truth. I have discovered through experimentation that you can win about 90% of the races in which the other person is unaware that they are a participant.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:00 PM
LIL RAJA

Default Re: When will these BMW 3 series drivers learn..

Originally posted by k2we
I'm really empressed..

Touring/KY0/6MT/Side curtain air bags/mats
hey kewl story I suppose, but let's learn to spell. It's impressed not embressed. LOL!!! It's all good. I am a bmw owner and I will be getting a Z. What kind of bmw was it? e36 or e46? 318, 323, 325, 328 or 330? I think most of the 3 series will be slower and will not be able to keep up. Even a 330 might not be able to hang...Oh well, most people say bmw drivers are jerks, but i think it's the SUV and minivan drivers....

lil raja
Old 09-30-2002, 07:02 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by ATL350Z
This is the absolute truth. I have discovered through experimentation that you can win about 90% of the races in which the other person is unaware that they are a participant.
hahaha true. I beat a lambo diablo in my sentra but he had no clue i was racing him. lol

then again i beat a 911 once in the same sentra. He must have been new to stick driving, he was shifting at 3000rpm and we were in downtown and every block he got a beating from me, i could not stop laughing. Once we hit the strech, i was smoked...

LIL Raja
Old 09-30-2002, 07:25 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
make sure you have been doing your short throw shift drills so you can keep ahead while hes shifting like a granny
If you're talking about a formal set of drills to help you get better at shifting, I'd loooooove to see it. Speed shifting is an art and (it's been a few years since I drove a stick) I'm looking for tips.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:54 PM
k2we

Sorry about the spelling.. Guess my touch typing can use some help.. As for the BMW it was a 330Xi.. He was playing with me passing on the right and then darting in front of me at 80 MPH.. Just not funny.. His driving was just too reckless.. So I put my foot down and Zooooooomm. He was left in the dust. I owned a 260Z back in the 70's that had triple Weber Carbs and it was fast but the new 350Z is so much smoother.. at 115 MPH the car was stable and very comfortable to drive.. By the way, my 260Z was clocked at 146 MPH on the straight away at Lime Rock with a Z club of America outing.

Old 09-30-2002, 08:13 PM
acid burn

I get a LOT of people trying to race me, even Camrys that I can just humiliate. Sometimes I make them into a good kill. But other times people are all over the damn road, trying to look and drive fast at the same time. Duh. In that case, I let them go because if they're going to wreck their car, they won't take me with them. Idiots.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Bonner928

Default Need to now good shift techniques

Hey,
I can drive a stick, duh...but as a rookie sports car owner I need to know HOW TO DRIVE A STICK! What do I need to know about shifting. I want to be able to represent when a challenge is made... It's really more painful too for the BMW that gets beat by a girl in her hot little Z!!!!
Help me out fellas!
Old 09-30-2002, 09:07 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: When will these BMW 3 series drivers learn..

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
hey kewl story I suppose, but let's learn to spell. It's impressed not embressed. LOL!!! It's all good. I am a bmw owner and I will be getting a Z. What kind of bmw was it? e36 or e46? 318, 323, 325, 328 or 330? I think most of the 3 series will be slower and will not be able to keep up. Even a 330 might not be able to hang...Oh well, most people say bmw drivers are jerks, but i think it's the SUV and minivan drivers....

lil raja
You are correct on that one. Yesterday some (_|_) in an SUV drove on the side of the acceleration lane just to cut us off as we were about to merge onto the high way.

Too bad dad wasn't driving the Z32... i'd tell him to punch it and make sure the punk doesn't get through.

I get more crap from SUV drivers and crapped up Hondas than Bimmer drivers.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:10 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by acid burn
I get a LOT of people trying to race me, even Camrys that I can just humiliate. Sometimes I make them into a good kill. But other times people are all over the damn road, trying to look and drive fast at the same time. Duh. In that case, I let them go because if they're going to wreck their car, they won't take me with them. Idiots.
Good point on that one. That's why I hardly race when some idiot pulled up next to me.

My dad's friend let his 16 year old bro drive his Z32 TT Stick that he just bought. What a chump.... fella just got his license. Some dood pulls up next to him. The fella peels out and crashes the Z. Watta dumb fawker... no one is touching the Z33.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:58 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by k2we
Sorry about the spelling.. Guess my touch typing can use some help.. As for the BMW it was a 330Xi.. He was playing with me passing on the right and then darting in front of me at 80 MPH.. Just not funny.. His driving was just too reckless.. So I put my foot down and Zooooooomm. He was left in the dust. I owned a 260Z back in the 70's that had triple Weber Carbs and it was fast but the new 350Z is so much smoother.. at 115 MPH the car was stable and very comfortable to drive.. By the way, my 260Z was clocked at 146 MPH on the straight away at Lime Rock with a Z club of America outing.

never mind my spelling point out. I do it to my friends all the time. they are tired of me too. LOL!
It's kewl some people who drive bmws don't deserve it. They are idiots and the car should be taken away from them...

keep on rocking with the Z. and damn. you drove in the 70s??? lol. picking on you again. hehehehehe.

LIL raja
Old 10-01-2002, 04:45 PM
troutfishin02

Default People who live in glass houses...

never mind my spelling point out. I do it to my friends all the time. they are tired of me too. LOL!
It's kewl some people who drive bmws don't deserve it. They are idiots and the car should be taken away from them...

keep on rocking with the Z. and damn. you drove in the 70s??? lol. picking on you again. hehehehehe.

LIL raja

... should not throw stones, my grammatically challenged friend.

Just my two pence.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:53 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by tbcz
Even those //M's are still pretty weak stock. I've driven a couple of the new ones and the only reason they have any pick up is because they wind up so fast.

Just think, with the money they spent on a stock slow poke, you'd have a kick *** Z!

P.S. Their halfshafts are fragile. I broke one barely getting on it at a drag strip.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:01 PM
LIL RAJA

Default Re: People who live in glass houses...

Originally posted by troutfishin02

LIL raja

... should not throw stones, my grammatically challenged friend.

Just my two pence.
eh., i am just having fun. No stones being thrown. I could use proper grammer but then it would sound like i am writing a document. LOL! I was just picking on him and i don't mind if one does at me.

LIL Raja

Quick Reply: When will these BMW 3 series drivers learn..