Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does Anyone Feel Kinda Nervous?....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 09:24 PM
VaGentleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, for what it's worth, I noticed that the side view mirrors extend just beyond the fenders.

So, if you know that your mirrors are not too close to a wall or a post (as I have to navigate around coming into/going out of my parking garage at work), you also know that your fenders are not too close.

VG
Old 10-04-2002, 06:13 AM
Electro Z

Default Nice sunny days

Well this is my third sunny day diving.. Granted I came to work in the dark morning.. love the lights..

I havent had a problem getting into the garage... before my Z arrived I taped off the dementions on the floor.. h ha ha.. yeah real ****..LOL.. so when I brought her home for the first time I had my wife wave me in on the nose. after I had the Z set where I wanted int he garage i put down wooden blocks.. jsut thick enough to feel when you tap them... that helps with the nose and rear.. the sides I have no trouble with.. like you said.. the side mirrors are farther out than the wheel wells.

Keeping my sticky fingered nephew away from the Z is harder.. he has no more garage privileges...

I really would love to back my Z in so I can book out the garage like BATMAN!! LOL.. turntable.. yeah.. thats it... a turntable...

EZ
Old 10-04-2002, 06:50 AM
rockit

VaGentleman,

You're a WUSS

Just playing, I know exactly what you mean too. The night I picked up the car, I didn't wanna drive it home ... my brother thought I was insane, I was like 'no you drive it, I'll come in my car' I ended up driving but I think I didn't go over 30 the entire way home.

But once I got home, got some good CDs in the car, and then took off on the empty roads, its been fine since. Parking is another story, especially at the mall ... my thoughts are constantly with the car 'maybe someone is touching it? what if someone tried to scratch it just to be an ***? what if it got stolen?' But I'm getting better now ...

--rockit
Old 10-04-2002, 06:58 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Wink Dude, it will be ok...

Just take some time to get used to the cars lines, corners, etc. Like getting anything new, you just have to get used to it. I know you'll love driving it around when you're relaxed. Yes, there are too many IDIOTS on the road but if you really know your car, you can avoid just about anything.

Good luck and keep cruisin'!!

Old 10-04-2002, 08:47 AM
Electro Z

Default going crusing round the town

My boss let me off three housrs early today.. So I am going crusing around owna bit.... I ahve to stop by Melloy to pick up a Z baseball cap... Then its off driving..no fast racing.. just a tour...

Hopefully there wont betoo many rocks to avoid this time.

Have a great weekend you guys!

EZ