2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ZISME: We are interested in how Nissan addressing the Z defect, not Z tour

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 10:27 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
i have this in both mirrors... it is actually the glass mirror vibrating against the plastic holding it. i am gonna see if i can wedge something in there to stop it, and if not... please tell me the part numbers (the correct ones) so i can have the dealer order them.

thanks.
I don't know the part number; the dealer ordered a new sun visor but it was the wrong one: it didn't have the vanity mirror. They blamed it on a problem with the microfiche (they're still using that antiquated system instead of a computer database?) but maybe they just screwed up. They also wouldn't order the part based on my diagnosis of where the rattle was coming from but had to check it out for themselves (which I understand, since Nissan probably inists that parts ordered for warranty be based on dealer's diagnosis.) So when I get my first oil change at 3,700 miles I will get them to put in the (hopefully) correct part.

But it is so nice to be free of that really irritating rattle from the rear strut brace now, and my car is damn near perfect!

Also, regarding the "butt kissing" comment about ZISME: if you are new to the board and don't know the history behind someone, please do no not make these kind of characterizations. What you see for ZISME is deserved respect because not only is he a source of true information, but he is always fair, factual, never misleading, never trying to BS or cover anything up, he is a straight shooter and a very inside source. So we do feel lucky to have him on this board, and it really saddens me to see people talk against him out of ignorance. There's a difference between "butt kissing" and genuine appreciation and respect.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:39 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Z defects....

ZISME,

Thanks for the links to zcar.com on the Bose status and vehicle mileage at delivery. I am not a frequent visitor there, so I wasn't awared.

I heard you are in the Product Planning / Marketing organization, so I understand your primary focus is to promote the Z. I have no intention to ask you to stop.

As a suggestion, it would be great if someone from Nissan Quality Assurance or Customer Sat. organization to visit the popular Z forums like you are and have visibility to all the hot owner issues and provide a periodic status and resolution on those quality issues. This would go a long way to maintain customer satisfaction and Nissan brand loyalty.

I work for a large corporation where customer sat. is the top focus, so I know how these stuff work.