Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ZISME: We are interested in how Nissan addressing the Z defect, not Z tour

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 03:41 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down ZISME: We are interested in how Nissan addressing the Z defect, not Z tour

ZISME,

Seem like all your recent posts are about the Z tour. There are so many common early problems experienced by us so far, but you are ignoring those posts.

I have several problems with my Z (intermittent metal rattling noise near drive shaft, BOSE subwoofer, engine run rough, etc.). So far Nissan don't have any solution for those problem. Raceboy's Z was taken apart several times but no fix yet. InternetAbyss had horror story about how Nissan dealer handle his car.

I am afraid to take my Z to the dealer for the exact reason that InternetAbyss experienced.

Do you expect 350Z owner to enjoy the car by ignoring the real problem?
Old 10-01-2002, 04:08 PM
ZISME
Nissan USA

Default Z defects....

We are not ignoring any of the feedback regarding consumer's experience with the Z. Some things take just a little time to investigate and if a fix is required we need to determine what parts are required and then have a sufficient quantity of parts to implement a fix. I have posted a few times recently that we are investigating the complaints posted on this site. Please rest assured that you are protected from defects by your new car warranty and we are working diligently to identify any defects that might exist with this new model. In the meantime...if you don't want to hear about anything else that is going on with the Z or Nissan in general, I will respect your wishes....let me know.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:23 PM
uro279

Default Keep telling us

ZISME,
Keep telling us! We appreciate your presence and comments. Sometimes comments like the first post is just out of frustration-I'm sure you know the feeling!
Old 10-01-2002, 04:23 PM
ezee

ZISME,

Ignore the ignorant and rude ranting of this person. He seems to think that because you take time to address concerns and answer questions, ie., provide customer service to 350Z owners and enthusiasts, that you owe us even more. I know I speak for many others when I say thanks for your contributions to this site. You've provided much insight in a time of great uncertainty, I hope it doesn't stop. Please don't go away mad.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:54 PM
InternetABYSS

ROB...im going through quite a ordeal here in TX...I'm sure it will be resolved.

ANYWAY...When is the Z Tour coming to Dallas....????

hopefully when it does come to dallas I wont be driving a rental car...
Old 10-01-2002, 04:55 PM
Brad4rdHay

ZISME, yeah, thanks for all the help you didn't have to give us, really apreciated it over the months. But, yeah, when you hear something, please try to let us eager Z owners know. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:20 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

ezee-

Calling someone else's questions or statements ignorant is not an acceptable way to handle yourself on this board.

As for this thread, Al is a big boy and can speak for himself.

For myself, I will say that I would have liked to see Rob (ZISME) post some information about what Nissan is doing to address these issues that have been discovered on a more regular basis. Rob, for your post here, I thank you. I don't think any of us want you to _stop_ posting info about the Z Tour or other Z related items. It's just that we would like to hear from Nissan every once and a while about these concerns. I may be part of the minority, but I would rather hear that you have no new news for us, than to hear nothing at all. Even just an update as to what issues Nissan is investigating would be appreciated. Something along the lines of "these are the issues that have been brought to our attention" type of thread would be really great. Of course, I could see how there might be some corporate issues with that, but if you could come up with something I am sure the 350Z community would be very grateful.

Again, I know we don't say it often, Rob, but thank you for your past, present, and future involvement in this community.

JD
Old 10-01-2002, 06:57 PM
88 Shrio Special

Default Rob is a good Guy!!

Maybe you are to new to know. Rob is the Man!! and has helped alot of us including me. Trust me his word is the WORD!! Karl
Old 10-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree ZISME. We value ALL of your posts since they come "from on high", but it would be great if you could pop on here once in awhile just to say, "nothing new on the Bose fix" or "looking into the gear shift rattle" or something to that effect. BTW, keep on posting the Z Tour stuff. I for one, like it. I have to live vicariously through these posts since it'll probably never come anywhere near my area.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:21 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
ROB...im going through quite a ordeal here in TX...I'm sure it will be resolved.

ANYWAY...When is the Z Tour coming to Dallas....????

hopefully when it does come to dallas I wont be driving a rental car...

z tour coming in next 2 weeks to big d... this is per rob on a PM we had.

m
Old 10-01-2002, 07:48 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just kidding. I haven't noticed even the slightest "rattle" It feels exactly like driving my Stealth. I don't mean to sound snobbish here, but I think many complaints given by new owners are more "normal" findings in a sports car and several just aren't used to driving one. The "poor" view, the closed in "bath tub" feeling, the "rattle" in the shifter......This stuff is all expected when you drive a sports car. If you are used to driving a Lexus or a Caddy or Lincoln, it's going to feel unsual for awhile. I've driven a sports car for nearly 12 years now and it all seems very normal and natural.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: Z defects....

Originally posted by ZISME
We are not ignoring any of the feedback regarding consumer's experience with the Z. Some things take just a little time to investigate and if a fix is required we need to determine what parts are required and then have a sufficient quantity of parts to implement a fix. I have posted a few times recently that we are investigating the complaints posted on this site. Please rest assured that you are protected from defects by your new car warranty and we are working diligently to identify any defects that might exist with this new model. In the meantime...if you don't want to hear about anything else that is going on with the Z or Nissan in general, I will respect your wishes....let me know.
ZISME,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I started this thread out of frustration. One of my problems is similar to Raceboy, which I think you know Nissan already took his car apart several times, with no solution yet. I called 1-800-NISSAN1 on 9/26 to report my problems (Ref # 3908145) because I know that if I take it to my Dealer, they can't fix it yet. The person that took my call record my problems and recommended me to take the car to the dealer anyway. Before I got a chance to do that I read InternetAbyss horror experience with his Nissan dealer. Right now my view of Nissan dealer is extremely negative, so do my Nissan product ownership.

In the past several weeks, the number of posts regarding defects are rising, but I didn't see any comments from Nissan regarding status of investigation. I looked at all your posts in the past month, I counted 18 posts on Z tour with 0 post on defect status.

I am not against Nissan promoting its products on this site, but in the same time, I am expecting Nissan to address its customer complaint and concerns as well.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by ezee
ZISME,

Ignore the ignorant and rude ranting of this person.
ezee,

Your sig shows your Z is coming in mid October, so you don't have any experience YET with getting an brand new $35K car with several defects that your dealer don't know how to fix and your manufacturer doesn't want to provide any status.

My best wish to you for getting a zero defect Z in mid October. If that is not the case, then you can enjoy the experience many of us are going through right now. I also hope your dealer is also much better than InternetAbyss dealer.

Enjoy the Z tour news while you can. In mid October, the reality may hit home. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:15 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Touring,

On a bit of side note, i visited Round Rock Nissan today. I got a pretty good feeling about the service department after dealing with them. They seem to be very in tune with a Z owners wants (Dont Take My Freakin' Car for a Joy Ride ) I will let you know how it goes after the Nissan Rep comes out to look at the car.

Cheers,

JD
Old 10-01-2002, 09:39 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe off topic, maybe on, not sure, but since someone mentioned shifter rattle I will add a bit of info that I remember from a couple magazine reviews. Basically they said that the shifter had a rattle in the 5K to 6K RPM range and that Nissan could have softened the feel to get rid of the rattle. Nissan instead decided that softening the feel would detract from the overall experience, and decided to allow the rattle to exist. I haven't heard a rattle from my shifter, and I don't know if some rattles that have been experienced are the same as those discussed in the magazine, but I like Nissan's choice to keep the crisp shifter feel.

-D'oh!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:01 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I am skeptical of the rattling shifter theory. I know it vibrates (you can feel it when you hold it) and maybe that is making people think it is the source of rattles that are really from other sources? I had a loud vibration at high RPM that turned out to be the "Z" panel on the rear strut tower brace (fixed it by taking it apart and putting in foam padding after my dealer couldn't fix it). I also had the passenger sun visor mirror rattle which makes a weird ringing noise over certain road surfaces (dealer will replace it as soon as they can manage to order the correct part). I can see these being mistaken as coming from the shifter, since you can feel it vibrate, but I don't believe it makes a sound. I could be wrong as I only have my experience to draw from, but it is something to consider.

From everything I've read and my own experiences with the car, it sounds like there is the odd rare problem on a very few cars, and the only common problem other than minor interior rattles seems to be the Bose audio thing (I can't confirm this since I have the base system, but everyone is reporting the same thing with the Bose).

So I hope people don't panic and think the car is full of problems. Talk to all the happy owners!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:39 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by z350z
I also had the passenger sun visor mirror rattle which makes a weird ringing noise over certain road surfaces (dealer will replace it as soon as they can manage to order the correct part).
i have this in both mirrors... it is actually the glass mirror vibrating against the plastic holding it. i am gonna see if i can wedge something in there to stop it, and if not... please tell me the part numbers (the correct ones) so i can have the dealer order them.

thanks.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:36 AM
ZISME
Nissan USA

Default Re: Re: Z defects....

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z
ZISME,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I started this thread out of frustration. One of my problems is similar to Raceboy, which I think you know Nissan already took his car apart several times, with no solution yet. I called 1-800-NISSAN1 on 9/26 to report my problems (Ref # 3908145) because I know that if I take it to my Dealer, they can't fix it yet. The person that took my call record my problems and recommended me to take the car to the dealer anyway. Before I got a chance to do that I read InternetAbyss horror experience with his Nissan dealer. Right now my view of Nissan dealer is extremely negative, so do my Nissan product ownership.

In the past several weeks, the number of posts regarding defects are rising, but I didn't see any comments from Nissan regarding status of investigation. I looked at all your posts in the past month, I counted 18 posts on Z tour with 0 post on defect status.

I am not against Nissan promoting its products on this site, but in the same time, I am expecting Nissan to address its customer complaint and concerns as well.

Sometimes it is hard to remember what I've posted where....

http://zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=67412&t=67349

http://zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=65310&t=65164
http://zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=63634&t=63580
http://zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=63551&t=63441

Quick Reply: ZISME: We are interested in how Nissan addressing the Z defect, not Z tour