Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Yep, they scratched 'em

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 07:49 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yep, they scratched 'em

I picked up a chunk of metal in my left rear tire, so I had to change it on the side of the road just a few miles from the dealership I had left not 5 minutes earlier from getting my oil changed. I was extremely careful about removing the lug nuts so I didn't scratch my wheel.

When I got my oil changed I requested that if they normally do courtesy car washes to please NOT do one on my car.

So I drove back to the dealership with my spare on and left it with them to put a new tire on it. When I picked the car up later that day, not only had they washed my car, but they scratched my Track Ray's wheel around the lug-nut holes. Bastards! It's not real bad, but the point is that *I* notice it. Has this happened to anyone else, and have you gone back to the dealership and bitched about it? Did they fix it?

I'll feel like a jerk going back and complaining about it because the scratches are pretty minor, but if they just would have used a little tape on the socket, they could have prevented this.

What do you all think? Is it worth making a fuss?
Old 05-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which dealer did you go to?

I would make a fuss about this, but I would bring it to their attention. Just let them know very polietly that you specially requested not to have them do this for the reason of not having anything scratched, and your fears were confirmed when they didn't listen, and they did infact scratch them.

To them it's not a big deal, very minor scratchs, but to us car fanatics, the smallest thing can bother us. So I feel your pain on it.

Like I said, just let them know nicely. Who knows, maybe they'll offer you a free oilchange as a Sorry if they're a nice dealer
Old 05-07-2004, 08:02 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Ricky,
This was the same dealership that did your tranny swap. I saw your car there that morning. Remember my PM? Shawn was my service advisor. Apparently, Sherry is not coming back as a service advisor.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh.. Shawn's a good guy, very nice. I'm guessing he put a note and the people who wash the cars (completely seperate from mechanics and service people) didn't get the notice. I watched them wash my car, they did a good job and used a cotton towel, and took a good 15 minutes or so. I just asked them not to dry it, chances are they'd use a normal towel.

Just give them a call and ask to speak to Dan (I think that's him) who's the service manager and let him know. He's a nice guy.