Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 01:08 PM
ZYAL8R808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my car from when it first came out and never once felt tired of it. However, I'll tell you a few things I am sick of about the car.

1. I'm sick of all the knicks and scratches on my beautiful Daytona Blue paint job.

2. I'm sick of all those stupid Hondas, Toyotas, VWs, etc. that think they stand a chance against me.

3. I'm sick of seeing everybody else's Z's tricked out and modified and I need to save money to get there.

4. I'm sick of making my d*mn monthly payments. NO$$$$

Stop complaining. The car is AWESOME.

Old 05-13-2004, 01:23 PM
E_Z_HOES

I LOVE MY Z!~
Old 05-13-2004, 01:35 PM
dczoner

I think maybe what it is is a lesson you gotta learn if you're gonna survive in Los Angeles. . .

Material posessions won't buy you happiness.

No matter how good you got it someone else has got it better than you. If you've got a dope ride, someone else has your exact car only cooler. If you have a sweet house, someone else's is bigger. Hot girlfriend? That guy's over there is hotter.

If you're in LA, come out to some of our Z meets. Show your stuff off, get some new ideas. Make some friends, kick back, have a beer, share some stories.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:37 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

No offense, mike, but like most other los angeles residents, you seem like a brand *****. Overly concerned about what well marketed label you can throw out at people to set perceptions.

Most car enthusiasts love a car for it's design, it's overall performance and it's heritage and history. The Z meets all these requirements for many of us. It doesn't need to be $120k nor does it have to have a prancing horse logo.

If you need mercedes or a range rover to feel classed up, you're more of a trend enthusiast than a kind of person the Z was aimed it. You think Z's are common nowadays? Good luck trying to stand out and be original in the 365 day-a-year SUV-festival we call Southern California.

But you're right -- the Z isn't for everybody, so good luck finding a car that suits you more. Let us know what you get!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:54 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing that I have personally noticed is that whatever car I have ever owned I always noticed other cars like mine immediately while driving. I think that it is just natural but, it can lead to the perception that there are alot of other cars out there just like yours. You tend to forget the other 1000 cars you saw that were different and how many more of those were the same model. The whole point to modifying your car is to personalize it and enjoy the experience of doing the mods.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:38 PM
willpower

Default Re: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Originally posted by mikehernz
I have been reading the message boards for a while now, but i have barely ever posted on it. If there is one this that I love about owning a Z is this community and modifying it. I have owned a Super Black Track Touring edition for over a year now. I have done tons of mods on it mainly a $7000 sound system and bodywork. However; my enthusiasm regarding the car has dropped dramatically. When people ask me if they should get one I find myself telling them, "I wouldn't buy it again". Maybe it's just that I see so many on the road or it just feels like a car that's always never as bad as you want it to be. It's always like oh you got a Z. Don't get me wrong I know there are a lot of cars beneath the Z on the cool meter, but i sometimes feel like the Z barely makes it over the middle of that meter. I live in Los Angeles so my perception might be skewed due to the fact that there are so many nice cars in this city, and you see so many new Range Rovers and Mercedes SL's that you begin to think they are cheap. Well regardless I think I’m going to hand in the keys to my Z and end my affair with it. I'm think the new QX56 or something like it....is anyone else sick with their Z or am I the only one?
Well Mike I can see your point, I had a brand new Mitz Eclips GT had it about six months but I could never really get close to it If you know what I mean,Then I saw a Z in a parking lot and thought damn I have to have one of those a few weeks later I got myself a Z I'v had it for about nine months now and still love the way it looks and drives and it does feel apart of me sounds stupid I know but Im sure you guys know what I mean, but when I see something new like that Hemie Magnum or the new Lotus Elise I think to myself oh no her comes that feeling again maybe I should go and check these cars out,but then I get in my Z and forget all about those other so called high end cars.But having said all of that I only use the Z at weekends so I look forward to driving it .
Hope you make the right choice.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:44 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

When I got my Z one of the main things I considered was heritage. I knew that the 350z was gonna be a classic and for the most part, it was, instantly. My intent was to get a little piece of history with my sportscar and so far it has impressed me with its good looks, applaudable performance and indisputable bang-for-the-buck. The allure of the Z has always been about being an affordable, nice-looking alternative to more expensive sportscars such as Ferarri, Porsche, etc. The reason you see so many Z's on the road is BECAUSE they're good. It's BECAUSE they don't cost an arm and a leg. Sure, I could have bought a used BMW 850ci for around the same money and it would have carried with its prestige a bunch of astronomical services fees that I couln't possibly afford. So in that respect, deciding on the Z was also a matter of it allowing me to own a car and still live within my means.

I am still having trouble figuring out how you could go from the 350z to the Q. Obviously, you're a Nissan fan and I can appreciate that. Maybe you value a vehicle more for luxury than sport. Cool. I can understand that. The Z is not heralded as being in the same league as the SL, true. But it was never meant to compete in the same segment either.

Your car should get your heart pumpin as far as I'm concerned. Those old cats with the Chevelles, Triumphs, GTOs, Jaguars, all have love for their cars because they have character, history, and sentimentality. And I PROMISE you....they are rattletraps in terms of quality compared to the 350z. If I sold my Z tomorrow, I KNOW that in 20 years...I would kick myself.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:09 PM
KrazY-2K

Originally posted by BENJ-AMG
When I got my Z one of the main things I considered was heritage. I knew that the 350z was gonna be a classic and for the most part, it was, instantly. My intent was to get a little piece of history with my sportscar and so far it has impressed me with its good looks, applaudable performance and indisputable bang-for-the-buck. The allure of the Z has always been about being an affordable, nice-looking alternative to more expensive sportscars such as Ferarri, Porsche, etc. The reason you see so many Z's on the road is BECAUSE they're good. It's BECAUSE they don't cost an arm and a leg. Sure, I could have bought a used BMW 850ci for around the same money and it would have carried with its prestige a bunch of astronomical services fees that I couln't possibly afford. So in that respect, deciding on the Z was also a matter of it allowing me to own a car and still live within my means.

I am still having trouble figuring out how you could go from the 350z to the Q. Obviously, you're a Nissan fan and I can appreciate that. Maybe you value a vehicle more for luxury than sport. Cool. I can understand that. The Z is not heralded as being in the same league as the SL, true. But it was never meant to compete in the same segment either.

Your car should get your heart pumpin as far as I'm concerned. Those old cats with the Chevelles, Triumphs, GTOs, Jaguars, all have love for their cars because they have character, history, and sentimentality. And I PROMISE you....they are rattletraps in terms of quality compared to the 350z. If I sold my Z tomorrow, I KNOW that in 20 years...I would kick myself.
VERY well put... I never thought about that 20 years part. Makes me love my Z even more
Old 05-13-2004, 07:56 PM
IsatteliteI

Originally posted by zeroday
im more tired of all the bitching and moaning that goes on in this forum. you'd think you guys were expecting a ferrari for 30k.
LMFAO
I love the Z, of course I also love the M3's, M5's and so on but I simply can't afford one. The only thing I don't like about it is the "Tire Roar" but I need to get my oil changed soon so I figured I can just drop it off and get all that done at once. Sad thing is I'll probably be stuck with a Sentra for a few days...
Old 05-13-2004, 08:07 PM
NzZ

Default What I love about the Z

The Z is not really a snob car. It looks great and drives great without broadcasting, "I'm richer than you." What's more, if you pulled off the Nissan logo, most people would probably think it cost 2-3x its actual sale price.

I'd label the Z as the underdog in the sportscar market. It's better than what you expect. The opposite is true of the E46 M3 (which handles worse than the E36), the 911 (which lacks the harmonic nuances and wicked oversteer of 911s past), and even the 360 Modena (which lacks the curb appeal of its F355 predecessor).

And as we all know...it's always cool to support the underdog!

NzZ
Old 05-13-2004, 09:00 PM
d_railed73
Banned

Sorry you are getting sooo tired of your z and might have to trade it in for QX56. Try driving around in a 13 year old 240sx with nearly as many miles and see what kind of complaining you do then......yes I hate the player and the game.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:04 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking about how cool the Lotus would be to have, then I saw an Orange one driving in Newport beach, it makes the Miata look big, I said to myself "no way in hell I would buy that car for a daily driver". The next step up for me would be an M3, but the appeal of that cars appearance isn't better than the Z, IMHO. Then the next step is a 911 C4s, but those are $85k, so I remain very very happy.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:17 PM
AParshall04

i wouldnt trade my Z for a mercedes, range rover, escalade, or BMW unless i could take one of those more expensive cars and sell it to buy a Z and just spend all the extra on mods. If you are getting bored it's probably because you dont drive it like you stole it.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:17 PM
aaaaa

THANK WHAT YOU HAVE NOW!

Last edited by aaaaa; 05-13-2004 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:18 PM
AParshall04

another post - if there was any other car i would want instead of the Z it would be a skyline, nothing else i can think of.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:33 PM
d_railed73
Banned

Originally posted by AParshall04
another post - if there was any other car i would want instead of the Z it would be a skyline, nothing else i can think of.
Other than my wife of course, there are NO women who look like Alli in Sac.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:54 PM
350zluvr

Had my Z for almost a year now and my heart still pounds with excitement as I climb into it. My user name says it all . I have always grown tired with cars and tried to find reasons of wht to trade them in; the Z is completely different in the aspect of me overlooking all the problems and negativity simply because I'm completely and utterly in love with my Z. And by the way, I my mods are not really performance oriented and even still are miniscule.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Mrtemp

I dont see the Z to Q connection either. I would think an SUV would be the anti-Z. If you want to trade up, i suggest the Lotus Elise that's coming soon
Old 05-14-2004, 04:06 AM
FritzMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find my Z the nicest cars I've ever owned either to drive hard or just to cruise in (having owned a 12 sec twin turbo RX-7). It's such a well balanced package with looks, safety, efficiency, comfort, power, braking, and handling. IMO, it's even better with my mods. As beautiful as it is, I don't care so much about asthetics/perception, in fact I'm trying to keep it OEM looking - just more sporting and purposeful.

Squeaks and rattles can always be fixed. An aspect of automotive passion is learning how to work on it, and making it work for you. Typically that doesn't mean depending on the dealer.

The best bet is to have a goal and plan for your car and work towards it. Like others have said, there will always be a nicer/faster car out there. Instead of modifying a car just for power, perhaps address the bottlenecks to make the whole package more rounded.

Trying to keep pace in mods with another Z owner isn't passion (or financially smart), it's a pissing contest. Enjoy the car the way you want it to be, and you'll find your passion keeping your Z much longer than the guy looking for the lastest and greatest. There's no such thing as a nicer Z, they're just all different.

My goal for the Z is to have a modest improvement in all performance categories while maintaining OEM driveability, comfort, reliability, and as inexpensively as possible. A Carrera equivalent in all aspects at 1/2 the price.

Take some time to think about what you want, and fall in love with your Z all over again.

Last edited by FritzMan; 05-14-2004 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:25 AM
marhot

Default Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Originally posted by mikehernz
....is anyone else sick with their Z or am I the only one?
Nope, just you.

Quick Reply: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?