Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 06:05 PM
silver&black03
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fall deeper and deeper in love with my Z every day, and thats after 32,000 miles!:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?-image04.jpg  
Old 05-24-2004, 02:53 PM
FLZ

I'll probably get sick of mine, when I get sick of breathing :-) Or, when I get sicked of being gawked at......
Old 05-25-2004, 06:00 PM
ktm
Banned

ill be honest in that i do regret getting the z instead of getting a sti...in my eyes the z is not THAT much better looking than the STI because when i see the sti all i see is an turbo car that will spank me stock for stock...who knows, maybe if i got the sti id feel the same way the other way around; that whole its always greener on the other side saying? you can already see that there is a underlying regret among a lot of Z owners from the mere abundance of these types of threads out there; i think the one thing that really gets me is i read somewhere how driving with a friend in the Z and watched him/her get pushed into the chair, but how it would be a lot funner with 3 or 4 others...just my 2 cents (flame away if ur offended but i have my opinion)

Geezus you are stupid. The STi is a turbo'd 4-cylinder car. Let me say it again....IT ALREADY HAS A TURBO YOU TWIT. The Z has a normally aspirated 6-cyliner engine. You put the Stillen S/C on your car and see how many STis can catch you.

You are also comparing 0-60s and quarter times, like a typical ricer. Try a rolling start and see who is in who's mirror. AWD loses its advantage once you are moving.

There is not ONE car under $50k that can beat the Z that is NOT supercharged or turbo'd. The ONLY car under $50k that can beat the Z outright is the Mustang Cobra, and it has a supercharged 8-cyliner engine.

....and to say that the Z is not that much better looking than a WRX......
Old 05-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Aftrmidnyt

Sick of my Z? No way!! I look at my '04 DB Roadster and love it more every time. Had the coupe for a while and it was awsome as well. This car ROCKS. Fun to drive, great to look at, meet cool people as a result of having this car. It's sex on wheels! I would of course love to own alot of other vehicles as well. Theres alot of other mechanical art on rubber out there and it's always fun to look, touch, dream and drive. But that doesn't take away from what this car has to offer. I love my Z.
My opinion. Cheers,
AFT.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:21 PM
shaun_walsh

Default Still in love wih the Z

Hello,

I drive my Z alot. I have put over 50K miles on it so far and I love the car. Yes, it has some issues, but every car dose. I added the Greddy TT kit and I can't image giving it up. I might buy a new car to meet other needs. But every time the boost kicks in and I feel the whoosh of this car I feel like I'm at a NASCAR race.

I just started a new job and everyone is still in awe of the Z and stand around talking about getting one. I will keep adding and tweaking it for a very long time. It may become a third car some day, but it will always have a place in my garage.

Shaun
Old 05-27-2004, 09:30 AM
lunartick13

I said it before I`l say it again. I LOVE THIS CAR!!.
I know it`s not perfect but then what is?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:09 AM
peterhong

I have another reason for falling out of love with my Z. I totally loved my car when I bought it and for the many months following the purchase. I babied the car, parked it miles away to avoid any dings, washed it frequently, etc...

But then about 3 weeks ago, some hater kicked a size 10 foot print into the side of my door. I was devastated as my car had literally been raped. I got it fixed, and it took a few days to get over that anger and the love started to grow back. Then a few days after that, some jackass backs up into my front end and causes 6 grand worth of damage. The car is still in the body shop and what angers me is both incidents happened when the car was parked and I wasn't even in the car.

Now, the love is totally gone for the car and it was beyond my control. I didn't fall out of love because I wanted some other car, but it happened by 2 random incidents within 2 weeks. I am sick of being paranoid about the car and I think its time to let it go cause no matter how perfectly they fix your car, you as the owner know it will never be the same. So, to make a long story short, I am in the process of looking for another vehicle cause I believe the Z is jinxed now and I will never love it the way I did. I have been driving around in a cheap rental for the last week and I could care less if the Z is finished at the body shop or not. Sad, I know, but thats my story.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:05 AM
350zluvr

Dude, get a neon or better yet a Kia and never worry/care about what touches your car anymore
Old 05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
dnguyent

Originally posted by peterhong
I have another reason for falling out of love with my Z. I totally loved my car when I bought it and for the many months following the purchase. I babied the car, parked it miles away to avoid any dings, washed it frequently, etc...
I drove a '94 sentra for 10 years...there's no way in hell am I going to get sick of my Z if I lived through my last 10 years with a subcompact car that has no guts, no handling, and no looks.

As for the reasons why you fell out of love with a car...I think you're being kind of whiney...sorry if that sounded kind of harsh. Your Z is imperfect due to a couple of fender benders, but they're all superficial. If you had any other car, albeit even an more exclusive/expensive car, how do you think you'd feel if someone kicked your door panel in? You can still wash your car and take care of it just as much as before, especially since it's getting fixed up to as-new condition.

I accidentally tipped over my motorcycle onto my rear bumper, and put a 3 inch gash in the paint. So what...I still love driving it! I've hit the rev limiter in it a few times... so what, I still love driving and caring for it. I see an average of 4 other Z's on the road per day....still love driving the Z. Try driving a Camry, Explorer, Accord, SRT-4, Escalade, BMW 330, MB C320, or any other car good car that costs less than $50k for a couple days, and I'm sure you'll miss driving your Z. At least I would.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Rayden2001

Default Re: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

is anyone else sick with their Z or am I the only one? [/B][/QUOTE]
Am I sick of my z? aaaaaah ....... well lets see......nuf said
Attached Thumbnails Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?-5q.jpg