Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 05:10 AM
Z33Concept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im never get sick of seeing the Z. When I go to the local chinese joint on my lunch break from school I see one parked in front of this nail shop. IT gets me pumped every single time. I been looking and reading about the 350 sense realease. My time is getting closer for me to be able to purchase one(November 2004)
As soon as I get the Z im go shave the nissan emblem. The Z doesn't even look like a 30k car looks more like a 60-70K undercover. With a couple of cosmo mods u can make the Z look like the ultimate sleeper. Don't get me wrong I still have more expensive cars I really like the 03-04 Range Rover 00-04 S-Class, h2 Hummers(03-04) and the porsche 911 TT(00-04). But for the future the Z will satisfy my needs for at least 10 years.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:11 AM
sprmario

Funny. I haven't bought my Z yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one very shortly. I have been looking around here in Miami and don't see a ton of them. I see alot more Mercedes SL500's or Porche 911's which are way way way more expensive. I have been doing a lot of research and I can't think of another car w/ the same features AND cool factor that doesn't cost a lot more. I know if money was not a concern at all, I'd be getting a $125k Mercedes, but it is so I'll take a $31k 350z and be damn happy. Even other competitors are all a good $5k+ for models that compare. I've lived in LA and the South Beach area in Miami is eve mor superfcial. To really "impress" people around here you better have a $125k+ car and a lot of those are even getting common.

If you worry about what other people are thinking about your car all the time you will never live up to expectations. There is always something bigger, flashier, better, than what you have.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Dissolved

Default Re: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Originally posted by mikehernz
....is anyone else sick with their Z or am I the only one?
No but I will tell you what I AM sick of. Are litte pu$$ies who do nothing but complain about their car on message boards. Have ***** envy looking at Mercedes or Infinities? Then go buy one instead of crying on a message board about how you're tired of your car.

grow a pair
Old 05-14-2004, 07:06 AM
vincei

So far I love it. I had a 98 Prelude prior to my '03 Z and a 95 Civic Si coupe before that and IMO, you can't compare. The feel, power and looks of the Z are a great combination for the price. Now if I can only afford some new 19" wheels!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:45 AM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ....

:sighs::.... ok i like alot of other cars like the rx8 evo sti...but seriously the Z is the biggest neck breaker out right now...my friend has a e46 m3 and no1 points or turns there head...its just a regular bmw with a body kit to people that dont know cars... the Z attracts everyone by the sexy looking body.. i honestly think no benz out right now can attract more people than a z passing by a crowd...i never got so much attention before in a car before i got my daytona blue z..i drive it so much because of the performance and the way it attracts everyone... gosh im getting big headed! lol
Old 05-14-2004, 10:31 AM
chips

I personally love my Z. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I am 6'5" and don't fit in any of the "fancier" cars. Besides at least we don't have a mustang. They are a dime a dozen!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 11:01 AM
ranger5oh

The Z is definitely a "cult car" almost like the Avanti. I like that about the Z... it will never be super popular. To have this car for $30k I think we all stole it. Sure it has its little quirks, and it isnt the coolest car in the world, but overall I couldnt be happier. I still smile everytime I get in and rev it.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:02 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fell in luv the first time I saw a Z and I'm still in luv!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:58 PM
TheLex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I love the car because it makes me feel very alive. It's an elemental sports car in the old fashioned sense. No it's not british, thank god, but the car feels alive.

That being said, I'm sick and tired of the harshness of the suspension. I'm going to install the Koni shocks, Hotchkis sways/springs in an attempt to rid the car of the harshness cause that part of the car I hate.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:33 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Originally posted by TheLex
Yes, I love the car because it makes me feel very alive. It's an elemental sports car in the old fashioned sense. No it's not british, thank god, but the car feels alive.

That being said, I'm sick and tired of the harshness of the suspension. I'm going to install the Koni shocks, Hotchkis sways/springs in an attempt to rid the car of the harshness cause that part of the car I hate.
I kinda like that its harsh I feel like that's part of the sportscar experience!
Old 05-15-2004, 05:52 PM
lunartick13

I took del. of my Z back in Sept. of 03, out here the winters are pretty harsh on cars, so I only have 2800 miles so far but I can tell you this much. It`s going to be a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG time before the enthusium wears out, I don`t see a lot of Z`s on this part of the country, I have yet to see another LeMans on the road. I could not be any happier with the choice I made. I know there are alot other cars out there that cost a lot more money than my Z, I feel pretty damm lucky to have this car.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:33 PM
zoham55

I LOVE MY Z AND ALL Z's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 12:47 AM
ppak3

ill be honest in that i do regret getting the z instead of getting a sti...in my eyes the z is not THAT much better looking than the STI because when i see the sti all i see is an turbo car that will spank me stock for stock...who knows, maybe if i got the sti id feel the same way the other way around; that whole its always greener on the other side saying? you can already see that there is a underlying regret among a lot of Z owners from the mere abundance of these types of threads out there; i think the one thing that really gets me is i read somewhere how driving with a friend in the Z and watched him/her get pushed into the chair, but how it would be a lot funner with 3 or 4 others...just my 2 cents (flame away if ur offended but i have my opinion)
Old 05-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Beaker02

I cant comment on this thread. i've only had it for 10 months. My honeymood period will probly last another 4-5 years. Check back with me then.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:02 AM
yooda

I was born and raised in So-cal, spent most of my time in LA and I can say without a doubt that what Hernz (starter of this thread) is suffering from is a very common affliction here in LA/OC. See, we truly live in a car culture here (largest car market in the world, per capita).

You'll notice from the original posting that there are no complaints about the car itself. The complaint is about the car's status. The complaint is about how the car lacks the status that some other cars seem to have. This is a valid point here in So-cal. You throw a rock in any parking lot, you're liable to hit three or four Z's.

But I do not believe it to be a valid complaint. You ought to ask yourself, who do you do things for? Do you do things for you? Or do you live off the validation that other people may or may not give to you. Is your sense of self-worth determined by your self perceived status in society? And is that status determined by the outer rather than the inner?

I figured out a long time ago that if you base your life on what others think of you, you'll never be very happy. Like this poor fellow. And his poor car.

The one thing I do hate about this car is the the '03 suspension. When I drive over worn cement freeways it makes me want to vomit.

As soon as the warranty is up, I'm putting in aftermarket.

/I gotta stop reading all that philosophical **** on the sides of milk cartons...
Old 05-16-2004, 04:16 AM
FairladyZ

Default Re: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Originally posted by mikehernz
I have been reading the message boards for a while now, but i have barely ever posted on it. If there is one this that I love about owning a Z is this community and modifying it. I have owned a Super Black Track Touring edition for over a year now. I have done tons of mods on it mainly a $7000 sound system and bodywork. However; my enthusiasm regarding the car has dropped dramatically. When people ask me if they should get one I find myself telling them, "I wouldn't buy it again". Maybe it's just that I see so many on the road or it just feels like a car that's always never as bad as you want it to be. It's always like oh you got a Z. Don't get me wrong I know there are a lot of cars beneath the Z on the cool meter, but i sometimes feel like the Z barely makes it over the middle of that meter. I live in Los Angeles so my perception might be skewed due to the fact that there are so many nice cars in this city, and you see so many new Range Rovers and Mercedes SL's that you begin to think they are cheap. Well regardless I think I’m going to hand in the keys to my Z and end my affair with it. I'm think the new QX56 or something like it....is anyone else sick with their Z or am I the only one?
Sounds like you bought the wrong car all along.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:55 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

funny....I just had a dream (nightmare actually) that I traded my Z for a Maxima.. Then, I spent the rest of the nightmare trying to track down my Z and get it back.. I was getting ready to go down and confront the dealer when I woke up..

still have the Z... check... phew.. hahahahaha

seriously though.. maybe you should move up to the northeast.. I rarely see any other Z's on the road because the weather and roads are so crappy around here

--mike
Old 05-16-2004, 07:17 AM
AZZGUY

Originally posted by vice86
I love my Z...i only drive it on Fridays to the parking lot where I catch my bus..so I look forward to getting home and then on the weekend...otherwise its garaged or the wife takes it on a monday or wednesday. The ONLY annoying thing is the color...NEVER again will I get black in any car again. My next car will be a C5 or C6 in silver.
I DONT THINK I'LL EVER GET SICK OF MY 350Z I BOUGHT A 300ZX NEW - TRADED IT IN 1995 ON A MAXIMA AND WAS SORRY EVERY SINCE. I DROOLED OVER THE 350 FOR 18 MONTHS AND FINALLY BOUGHT A SILVER ONE IN FEBRUARY.
YES - BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL WHEN CLEAN - BUT THAT MEANS A WASH AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK - THE SILVER (IN ARIZONA) GETS A BIT OF DUST ONCE IN A WHILE - HAS BEEN 4 WEEKS SINCE I WASHED IT - CANT SEE THE DUST UNLESS YOU GET UP REAL CLOSE AND LOOK FOR IT ! SILVER IS GREAT HERE! (AND i THINK IT FITS THE CAR BETTER THAN THE OTHER COLORS - PERSONAL OPINION, OF COURSE)
Old 05-16-2004, 10:06 AM
myehrick09

I will never be sick of my Z until the 07 GTR comes out
Old 05-16-2004, 03:08 PM
MrDemon

i live in the UK and drive a LOtus, had it for 3 years and want a z

you see none here in the uk so it will be mega cool here.

the lotus has been fun and will out handle anything a 911 or 360 can do, now you lot have it over thre so try one.

d

Quick Reply: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?