Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Argh! It finally happened to me (S2K antenna)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 06:44 PM
dchengmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh! It finally happened to me (S2K antenna)

Well, after 5 months, it finally happened. Somebody ripped off the S2K antenna I had on my Z. I'm more annoyed at the inconvenience of having to go pick up another one than the actual act itself - after all, why in the world would someone steal a $20 *OEM* antenna?

I'm somewhat impressed that it stayed on that long, actually. Unfortunately, I can't think of any good way to secure the thing short of taking it off and storing it in the car every time I'm parked.

Ah well, just had to vent.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:50 PM
mofoz

what about red locktite? then again, that might just make them try a whole lot harder and break something.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:54 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by mofoz
what about red locktite? then again, that might just make them try a whole lot harder and break something.
You're right. I thought about using red Loctite (as was suggested in a previous thread), but as you said, the next asshat who tries to steal the antenna may break it, or worse, get angry at not being able to and then decides to do something worse like key the car or kick in a window.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also want to buy the s2k antenna but am also scared of having it stolen
Old 05-19-2004, 08:41 PM
joonsuh012

it can happen to emblems too.....when i bought my Z emblem from courtesynissan, i was really worried if someone would just f**k around with my emblems...(those are expensive...$75)

^^
Old 05-19-2004, 08:52 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by joonsuh012
it can happen to emblems too.....when i bought my Z emblem from courtesynissan, i was really worried if someone would just f**k around with my emblems...(those are expensive...$75)

^^
Yeah, it pretty much boils down to the fact that if a thief is serious enough about taking something off your car, he/she will. It just kind of sucks that we even have to consider making things easier for the thief out of fear that he/she will do something worse to your car.

Unfortunately, there's no good way to protect against every possible theft scenario.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:08 PM
joonsuh012

Originally posted by dchengmd
Yeah, it pretty much boils down to the fact that if a thief is serious enough about taking something off your car, he/she will. It just kind of sucks that we even have to consider making things easier for the thief out of fear that he/she will do something worse to your car.

Unfortunately, there's no good way to protect against every possible theft scenario.
BTW can you please change your avatar...when i am home alone and doing my350z.com and see your avatar coincidently, that **** reminds me of the ring in japaness version.......
Old 05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Sorry to hear that dcheng... I'm glad to hear that there is no additional damage to the car which just happens to be my PRIMARY concern in such instances. I've had someone (some people?) that tried to steal a shift **** from one of my cars and left SEVERE damage to the external and internal components of the car.... they couldn't get the **** off b/c they didn't have the Allen wrench key.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by joonsuh012
BTW can you please change your avatar...when i am home alone and doing my350z.com and see your avatar coincidently, that **** reminds me of the ring in japaness version.......
Sorry about that, joonsuh. Is this new avatar better?
Old 05-19-2004, 09:27 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by yobri
Sorry to hear that dcheng... I'm glad to hear that there is no additional damage to the car which just happens to be my PRIMARY concern in such instances. I've had someone (some people?) that tried to steal a shift **** from one of my cars and left SEVERE damage to the external and internal components of the car.... they couldn't get the **** off b/c they didn't have the Allen wrench key.
Hey yobri, I just read the thread where you originally described what happened. Sucks.

As far as I can tell, there was no other damage. If a $20 antenna prevented that, that's fine with me.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:52 PM
aaaaa

Hey yobri, I just read the thread where you originally described what happened. Sucks.

As far as I can tell, there was no other damage. If a $20 antenna prevented that, that's fine with me.
god damn...
Old 05-19-2004, 10:26 PM
stiv

That's too bad. Sometimes people suck...

I also live in SoCal and I can only stomach a handful of LA stations (i.e. KCRW, KLON, KXLU, and KPFK) so I yanked my antenna the day I bought my car. It looks better w/o any antenna, in my opinion.

For me it's a win, win scenario because I've got tons of good music and I can't deal with all that mainstream stuff.

Best of luck with your new antenna. My cousin ended up super-gluing his Honda badges because he got fed up w/buying new ones every other month.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:48 PM
s9am_me

been having mines for over a year now. sux you lost yours in less than a year. my friend always takes it off everytime i meet up with him.. its so annoying. i'm just worried that someone might see what he's doing and do the same thing... except not return it back.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:11 PM
BoostTed

I just bought and put mine on today...what a society we live in, we work hard and put a lot of love into modding our cars but yet we are afraid to take it out beyond the driveway because there are ****ers out there.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:19 AM
guru_ck

I want to pick one of them up. Is the reception still the same as stock? Can someone show me a photo and point me to the address of the exact one they bought (I want to be sure it fits before I buy).

-Chris
Old 05-20-2004, 01:54 AM
onii

i wanna get the silver shorty ones from courtesy.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:56 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by guru_ck
I want to pick one of them up. Is the reception still the same as stock? Can someone show me a photo and point me to the address of the exact one they bought (I want to be sure it fits before I buy).

-Chris
Yes, reception is as good as, or better than, stock.

Just head to your local Honda dealership's parts department and ask for the S2000 antenna. It's the stock antenna used on the car. It fits almost perfectly on the Z (although the base of the S2K antenna is about 2 millimeters wider than the Z's antenna base).
Old 05-20-2004, 04:57 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by onii
i wanna get the silver shorty ones from courtesy.
Those look nice, but be warned - if you listen to the radio at all, reception quality decreases pretty significantly with those Courtesy silver shorty antennas (by reports found here on my350z.com).
Old 05-20-2004, 05:03 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look nice, but be warned - if you listen to the radio at all, reception quality decreases pretty significantly with those Courtesy silver shorty antennas (by reports found here on my350z.com).
Actually, I have one of those shorty antennas. Although it is no longer silver, the reception is the same as stock. I kept hearing about bad reception with the antenna, but I haven't had a problem. Maybe I just live in a city that is WAY too big.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sucks about your antenna, I've had mine on for about 1 year now, with no problems...

Quick Reply: Argh! It finally happened to me (S2K antenna)