Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Brickyard Evaluation

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 04:43 AM
I want a 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wxtornado
Joking, sort of, but yeah - brickyard seems to be the unique color, and I like it like that........
My guess is that they are going to kill off Brickyard...
But in that case, you will have the most unique Z out there.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:23 AM
wadd3456

Are you all TRYING to **** the brickyard owners off?

I honestly dont care what color my car is...........its still a 350z. haha.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:41 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

I stopped by Takeo's restaurant last night. There were a dozen 350Zs parked outside. Four of them were Brickyard, more than any other color. I love the deep metallic burgundy color under the lights. Some of the cars were parked where the light wasn't very strong and you had to get pretty close to the cars to see that they weren't black. I'm going to love the Brickyard, especially with the Frost interior.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:01 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

Here's my $0.02 on Brickyard.

I've seen every color Z except Lemans Sunset (of course the only color I haven't seen is the one I ordered) and out of all the colors the Brickyard was my biggest WOW color.

Pictures don't do it justice at all and in person it's an absolutely amazing color. It's got the lavish look that the darker purple (I'm hesitant to say purple but that's all I've got) can offer (and only it can offer) yet a sleek sexy metalic to it that's to die for. By far my favorite color Z I've seen in person.

With that being said I also have to say the color is not for me, kind of like white. I love white cars I just don't like them on my car. I'm not sure how this came out but I do love Brickyard although it's just not a color for me.

While I'm on colors, I have to say that Daytona Blue was my least favorite color although I still like it. I've had 4 previous cars in blue so maybe I'm a little burnt on blues, not sure, but I thought the blue could have been darker. Probably one of those I'd imagined X, got Y, and haven't adjusted to my let down yet.

Regardless of whats on the outside, it's whats on the inside that really matters and I have to say Nissan has choosen some very interesting colors to show case the Z in, all of which get 2 thumbs up from me.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:24 AM
zeeing

I just got my Brickyard and LOVE IT!!!! Before seeing it I was little concern it wouldn't be right for me. I'm not trying to sound diplomatic, but all Z colors look great to me. I truly like them all.
Some people here have tried to describe the color and this maybe as difficult as capturing it in pictures.
I very much like the different tones it puts out depending on light type, intensity and angle, from almost black to candy apple red and burgandy in between.
As far as approval and popularity, all I can say is that my experience it is the same as others in this forum, in that one of the first comments I get is "I love the color". Better than 70% of the conversations revolve around the color.
In buying a car color is not usually a major deal, but this time around almost as an afterthought it has become the crowning jewel of the experience. Brickyard and Lemans maybe even Daytona are the most striking colors in the market today, just my humble opinion.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:51 AM
Toony

I got my Brickyard 2 days ago, and this color has been a big hit. Ditto everything Zeeing said. The color looks great, and I wouldn't change it if I could.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:54 AM
RADZ
Charter Member #39

Thumbs up These Pictures

I like the pictures Dan Ziegler took of my car.. I think they do it justice.
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard Evaluation-01140002.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 06:56 AM
RADZ
Charter Member #39

Default And this one

Another nice one.
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard Evaluation-01140007.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 06:59 AM
RADZ
Charter Member #39

As you can see the parts that are in direct sunlight, depending on your perspective, seem a lot lighter. This gives the illusion during the day that the car changes colors. At night it just looks black (which I feel is great). The le mans is just too orange IMO.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:13 AM
rep15

Default Re: My 3 Sons

Originally posted by dbalogh
Pick a classic no-brainer, SilverStone
Interesting but that is not one of the colors I said I was choosing between. If I wanted silverstone I would have gotten a BMW 3 series in that color (or chrome silver) and be totally like everyone else. That is the last thing I want in a car color - seeing myself coming and going. The car deserves a color to showcase it not to blend into the crowd. [an opinion, not a flame starter]

Thank you all for your opinions. The reason I am asking is because my dealer would not change the color on my pre-order six days after I ordered. I went to another dealer and ordered the other color. Both are refundable deposits if the cars do not arrive before October 1. Well, of course neither did because of when I ordered. Now I am waiting impatiently but also tortured with the prospect of picking the color. One is performance. One is enthusiast.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:46 AM
kknouri

Default brickyard vs. Lemans

I too was making a decision between Black with orange leather or Brickyard with Frost, and I chose the Brickyard once I did a search for "Brickyard pics" in this website. The best pics are in a dealership in georgia, and also look up frost leather interiors as well. A dealership in Houston called me to tell me they had one already sold to look at if I was interested, so I drove 45 minutes there and even told the detailer to roll it out of the garage into the sunlight so I could get a good look. In the garage it was a badass dark burgundy (similar to the Acura MDX burgundy but better) and in the light, forget it. The color looks better than any other, and my mind was sold on Brickyard. Check out this link for more pics. I've seen Le Mans in person, it's cool for now but will go out like teal did in the early 90's.

http://www.inetaccess.com/twinzz/

- Kent
Old 10-05-2002, 11:34 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Better than words:
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard Evaluation-brickyard-pics-hi-res-01-copy.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Like Wadd3456 said, I hope not another single Brickyard is ever sold!

Attached Thumbnails Brickyard Evaluation-brickyard-pics-hi-res-015-copy.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Cazzz Z

Default Pictures Do The Brickyard No Justice

I ordered the brickyard & I too wanted to change my order after U saw some pictures.. I thought it was too dark, close to black. I have 2 other burgundy cars & neither one of them looked like this Brickyard.. Atfer my dealer told me that if I changed my order it would be after Feb. when I would receive my order I said forget it, I will just drive it & deal with it. After receiving the Brickyard, I have gotten soooo many compliments, I have people asking me where did I get it painted at, what color is it, is that a factory color. I have to say that it is Burgundy, Plum, or even Root Beer. The Brickyard was a cool color before, but after I but them chrome wheels on it, I am like a display for Nissan. And at Tako's Party, I was surprised to see as many Brickyard Z's. I was pleased, but if you decide not to get the Brickyard, I won't be mad at all..
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard Evaluation-bayarea350dsml.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 12:47 PM
Cazzz Z

Default Look at the one With Frost

Here is one with Frost Interior
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard Evaluation-bayareabrikfrost1.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 12:55 PM
Cazzz Z

Default Not a Great Picture, But Compare the 2 Brickyards

This was at night & they still don't really look the same
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard Evaluation-bayarea350acropbrik.jpg  
Old 10-05-2002, 08:18 PM
ZBarrister

My Brickyard was one of the four there at Takao's the other night and I can tell you that it's the differing looks of the color under different conditions that I like!

My experience so far has been the same as other people have described! I had a tool booth taker compliment me on the color! A tool booth taker...you know how many cars they see a day! I could not be more pleased with the choice. However, color is a personal preference so there is no bad choice.

And I gotta give some props to Cazzz...those 20's, all that chrome did look great!
Old 10-06-2002, 12:12 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ZBarrister
I had a tool booth taker compliment me on the color! A tool booth taker...you know how many cars they see a day!
LOL

And I was planning a road trip to CA.........I ain't giving up my tolls though!

So, is this why Tim, "The Tool Man" Taylor, lives in MI?
Old 10-06-2002, 05:33 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

ZB, I think that is what makes Brickyard so cool and why it really can't be captured on still pictures well. The color is just so dynamic! It looks like a different car in different situations. It can go from an almost black, to a plum, to a red cherry, to sparkly burgundy!

Quick Reply: Brickyard Evaluation