Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do most people hate young z drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 11:09 AM
04_silverstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do most people hate young z drivers...

I am 17, and i have had my z for about 2 months, i just dont understand why people on this fourm dislike younger z drivers???
Old 05-23-2004, 11:11 AM
aaaaa

i dont think it is not bad...here in Palos Verdes, 16 kids who just got licence drives M3 because of their NICE parents....
Old 05-23-2004, 11:13 AM
04_silverstone

thats what i am talkin about, they drive nice cars good for them, but its like on this fourm that many people dontlike the younger crowd....
Old 05-23-2004, 11:23 AM
onii

seems like most people who are active on this forum are under 30
Old 05-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Z_Coaster

I don't think it is necessarily that you're young. I think there are two other factors here.
1. A lack of driving experience behind such a beautiful and powerful vehicle. You don't have to be young to lack experience, but obviously the converse doesn't apply.
2. Financing. I believe most owners are regular (not rich) people and truely recognize the value of the Z. The Z is not cheap and many owners understand the value of money. So to see that "daddy" bought them a new Z just irritates the hell out of people (including me). Even if the younger owner purchased their car on their own, does the youngster live on their own (not at home)? Do they pay their own insurance? Basically, are they totally financially disconnected from mom and dad? If no, then you truely aren't paying for the car on your own.

I don't hate younger Z owners. I think it irritates me cause I had a POS when I was in high school/college. For me it comes down to being jealous and I admit it

Just my .02 cents.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:45 AM
04_silverstone

that i can understand, but what i hate is when people start hating and they dont know anything about that person or their financial status....
I understand that the z is a beautiful and to most people it is a exspensive car, but in life there is always gonna be someone better, so i just came to the conclusion after reading and posting on the fourm that most people are jelous or just want to argue with people on here...
Old 05-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Redline350Z

04_silverstone, in ten years you'll see things the same way we do.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Z_Coaster

You're right that most people don't know their (younger owners) financial status, but assume a younger person isn't stable enough to truely own this vehicle. And this assumption is usually correct. Not always, but usually correct.

Don't know about wanting to argue for the sake of (maybe so), but I think most are just jealous.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:18 PM
DragonGcoupe

I'm 17 as well. I must agree with you. I get more hate in real life because I drive an "Infiniti sports car". On the internet, not as much so. However, I must give a shout out to all the older drivers who perfectly chill about it and respect me like anyone else.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:46 PM
04_silverstone

my friend and i were driving fown US 19, he was in his G and i was in my Z and this ***, in his rsx-s was talking all this sh%#$, that is one thing that gets me really pissed, and the funny thing he looked younger than me...
Old 05-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Masterfulks

When I was 16 I had a newer model Camaro....

It was no Z by any stretch, but it was a cool car. I got come crap every now and then from haters.

A guy at a place I used to work told me "If someone gives you crap about what you have just say ...**** you I'm able, and leave it at that".

It's really just people either mad because they didnt get a cool car for free, or at that age, or because they think that someone isnt old enough to handle it.

I laugh at the "too much power" stuff. Any car that can go 50mph has enough power to kill you.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:10 PM
absolutchi

i can relate with the younger guys on the boards. I've always had to work for the vehicle i drive but have been fortunate enough to have good jobs since i was young and a nice car as a result...and got alot of hate for it. what people didn't understand was that I BOUGHT my vehicles on my own and wasn't someone who's daddy or mommy bought it for them.

i agree with the older drivers who think that the younger kids are spoiled and don't deserve their parents buying them such nice cars...but at the same time i agree with the younger kids who have worked for what they have. but you do have to admit, most of you teenagers out there that are driving Z's didn't have the money to pay for your car and your parents bought it for you. so props to those guys who are fortunate to buy such a nice car at your age...for those of you who had mom and dad buy you that Z...give it back, work a summer and drive a nissan pickup truck like i did when i was 16.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:39 PM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by 04_silverstone
my friend and i were driving fown US 19, he was in his G and i was in my Z and this ***, in his rsx-s was talking all this sh%#$, that is one thing that gets me really pissed, and the funny thing he looked younger than me...
Maybe it's because you don't see many mature people referring to people as ***s? I think most people hate young Z owners when they show the lack of maturity that is shown here.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:49 PM
silverstoneTT

You guys hate me?!?!?!
Old 05-23-2004, 02:00 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

I'm going with money on this one.

And the survey says..MONEY!!
Old 05-23-2004, 03:02 PM
04_silverstone

wow, didnt know that calling someone a *** was showing imaturity, i see grown *** men on here call each other and other people worse things, also u are trying to tell me that you never said somthing out of spite..... and you are the one sitting there calling me immature!
Old 05-23-2004, 03:03 PM
04_silverstone

i understand the money aspect, but lets say u had enough money wouldnt you want to get your kid smothing they have always wanted...
Old 05-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Geovanni

hey im 22 and i bought my 2004 Daytona Blue Touring Z without my parents help. I financed it all by myself and I'm the only one signed on the car. Even my insurance is in my name only. The dealer guys were all in disbelief and shock that i could afford one at my age. The Finance Guy said i had a credit rating of a 35 year old. They were all jealous of me getting one. Ah how sweet it is to be financially smart. So how bout them apples?! :9

-Geovanni
Old 05-23-2004, 03:54 PM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by 04_silverstone
wow, didnt know that calling someone a *** was showing imaturity, i see grown *** men on here call each other and other people worse things, also u are trying to tell me that you never said somthing out of spite..... and you are the one sitting there calling me immature!
Please take a second and point out to me where I said something immature. You asked for reasons, I gave you one. Slurs of any type really have no place on a public forum, and yes, it does make someone seem immature.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Psyc0

04_silverstone, by starting things like you have here your giving people reason to hate younger drivers, I too am 17, yet i don't sit there and talk **** about how some "***" in his RSX tried to race me, or "oh my parents have money why wouldn't they let their kid have the car they always wanted"... Threads like this can be taken as a 17 year odl bragging that they have a nice car and that their family has money, IMO that is one of the reasons why many older Z drivers don't like the younger ones. In the SoCal forum, there is me and Daytona350z who both are 17 and instead of making these posts we get to know the people in that forum and go to meets and stuff. We don't try to figure out "why people hate us" because if you don't give them reason to they wont

Quick Reply: Why do most people hate young z drivers...