Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 12:20 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rilez
Seedy is right-- these guys are doing us a huge favor by posting pics and bringing the car out in public. Let's just be happy that we even have pics and be as cautious as possible about posting. They understand how excited we Zers are about a new Z on the road and want to share their excitement as well. Let's respect their desire for secrecy.
You have confused me rilez.

I'm not sure who 'these guys' are that you refer to. How many pictures have 'these guys' provided us as a 'huge favor'? How can we be 'cautious' about posting pics, and how can we respect their desire for secrecy, and how do we even know they have a desire for secrecy?

I try and respect everyones wishes, yet no one has ever even implied until today that someone wishes pictures not be posted.

In my mind, I think Nissan is enjoying all the pics that have been floating around. The love the stir it is creating about their new car.

Of course, I am probably just trying to justify my actions.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:22 AM
john0213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also think the last pic is silverstone~
Old 06-11-2002, 05:35 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by john0213
i also think the last pic is silverstone~
(sigh)
Old 06-11-2002, 10:02 AM
knihc2008

i can't even get to that page with the sound clip.

i neeed!
Old 06-11-2002, 11:41 AM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by Scafremon

I'm sure you blanked out the plate for a reason (it didn't look accidental), but I am having trouble putting 2 plus 2 together, if this result would give me your reason. (You didn't steal the car, did you?)

As for stirring the pot, and getting people in trouble (Nissan Employees I can only assume)- never my intentions. I would hope that no one got in trouble, especially based on a 'story behind (my) original photos', as there wasn't much of a story there, and definetly nothing incriminating of an employee. I would be happy to discuss this further with anyone from Nissan if they would like to.

I'm not dissing you or your post, just trying to clarify my position. And thanks for your excellent pictures of Chrome Silver. They are much better then the sun-bleached photo's I took, and I think everyone on the forums appreciated them.

Jeff
Nope, not stolen I hear ya man...and I do know that you didn't do anything with any intention to get anyone in trouble. And really I'm sure you didn't. And people are right...Nissan does love the attention this is getting, to a degree. But there are some things I'm sure they need to keep secret and even moreso, they need to trust certain people to keep things secret. Not saying ANY of that was breached here at ALL...just saying that there is a place for secrecy. We're so close to it all coming out...it's almost a moot point! I'm pretty darn excited and can't wait...I hope Nissan shocks the world.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:56 PM
TCL

SeedyRom wrote: "...I hope Nissan shocks the world.".

Does this mean we're in for a surprise?
Old 06-11-2002, 05:05 PM
droideka

Originally posted by SeedyRom

Nope, not stolen I hear ya man...and I do know that you didn't do anything with any intention to get anyone in trouble. And really I'm sure you didn't. And people are right...Nissan does love the attention this is getting, to a degree. But there are some things I'm sure they need to keep secret and even moreso, they need to trust certain people to keep things secret. Not saying ANY of that was breached here at ALL...just saying that there is a place for secrecy. We're so close to it all coming out...it's almost a moot point! I'm pretty darn excited and can't wait...I hope Nissan shocks the world.
What exactly do "they" need to keep secret? The poor choice of tires? What else could we possibly ascertain from seeing additional shots of the 350Z exterior that we don't already know?
Old 06-11-2002, 06:38 PM
infinite z

Hey Jeff don't listen to this guy's guilt trip. You did a fantastic job of getting those pics, and we're all extremely grateful for it. If Nissan wanted the car kept secret then they wouldn't have them out in public view! As for stirring the pot, who cares??? We're paying ~$30,000 for these cars, the least they could do is release some more photos and information. We deserve it!
Old 06-11-2002, 08:42 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by TCL
SeedyRom wrote: "...I hope Nissan shocks the world.".

Does this mean we're in for a surprise?
OMG, you guys are way too wound up and read into everything. No, it does not.
Old 06-11-2002, 08:50 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by infinite z
Hey Jeff don't listen to this guy's guilt trip. You did a fantastic job of getting those pics, and we're all extremely grateful for it. If Nissan wanted the car kept secret then they wouldn't have them out in public view! As for stirring the pot, who cares??? We're paying ~$30,000 for these cars, the least they could do is release some more photos and information. We deserve it!
Information is great. And when you pre-order a $30,000 car you want information...you deserve information...right? I agree. But what you deserve is CORRECT information and that's why the policy exists within Nissan and most companies. I've had to hammer it home in FIVE posts that the car isn't done. See a switch in a particular location? It may change. See that material on the dash? It may change. Etc, etc.

You can't please everyone all of the time. So they have two options: 1) Allow photos/info of every step of the process and give everyone full knowledge. This leads to people expecting certain things only to have them change and people complain excessively when they don't get them. "Hey, I thought I was supposed to have aluminum trim in this area". The other option is what companies ALWAYS do and for good reason: 2) Keep the details under wraps until it's done so that people don't get false hopes. Rumors can fly all day long, but at least they are rumors.

As for them being out in public view, they have to be and this is a common thing. The cars need to be tested...engineers will take them home, take them to mountain roads, take them to get gas publicly, etc. Need real miles/roads Wow, way too much into explaining this to people...I don't know why I bother.
Old 06-11-2002, 08:52 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by droidekaus

What exactly do "they" need to keep secret? The poor choice of tires? What else could we possibly ascertain from seeing additional shots of the 350Z exterior that we don't already know?
If I told you that wouldn't I be defeating the point?

It's starting to not matter, the magazines have been kinda sloppy with their testing anyway. I have a friend that saw the Sport Compact Car at Fontana and was allowed to basically do anything with the car but drive it. They just left the keys...
Old 06-11-2002, 10:02 PM
infinite z

SeedyRom-

I appreciate your willingness to keep bad or possibly changed information out of the rumors. All I'm saying is that no one (Jeff) should feel bad for taking pictures, whether he had to be sneaky to do it or not. I think we'd all much rather see pictures sooner rather than later, even if certain things displayed in the pictures change before production. We need something to keep us going! I know I'm going insane with this wait!
Old 06-11-2002, 10:11 PM
DIGItonium

Default Change is good... as long as it is for the good!

Yes... the dash! Whatever makes it better... though the wordis a little bit vague.

I'm already thinking up ideas to change the 3 pod gauges. Detailed pictures are good so that I can think about how I'm going to personalize my car.

I still hope there's enough room to fit a sub and some 6x9s in there.

Thinking is all I can do now until I finally get the car.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:26 PM
mdouvris

Default Are you for real??

Hey speedy... IT'S A CAR! Not national security secrets..Scafremon is the man. As for you bothering with us...Please, spare me! We just want info on the z. Not your first born.

Last edited by mdouvris; 06-11-2002 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:49 PM
BullishZ

Default Re: Are you for real??

Originally posted by mdouvris
We just want info on the z. Not your first born.
Actually, I want his first born...

J/K

Information is good... especially on a car that hasn't come out yet. I commend Scaf for his "spy" work. If you don't want info, then why are you on a forum about the 350z?
Old 06-12-2002, 01:22 AM
SeedyRom

Wow....this is so dragged out. I have no beef with the guy at all and wasn't even specific with anything but I keep seeing posts. In almost ANY case of someone posting spy photos, I'd say BRAVO! However, from what I hear they were photos that were not supposed to be revealed and it was part of the agreement HE had with the Engineer that showed him the car (I think I head it was a relative of his in fact). Word through the grapevine was that someone was blasted for this....right or WRONG. Do I care that they were posted? No. Does it even matter from what we've seen. Not really. Do I know the specifics...unfortunately no. But I made the referrence in relation to ANOTHER post where he was about to get MY source in trouble.

If you guys abuse the gifts you are given, you'll get less in the future. I learned this the hard way long ago. Whether or not we think it's LAME or that IT'S JUST A CAR, this is serious business to these people and jobs can get lost or affected. So many of you "detached" car buffs forget that. There's no reason to blast me...I'm a respected longtime member of many Z boards and have done nothing but give good and accurate information for 2 years. I just want to make sure we can still do this.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:25 AM
tbcz

SeedyRom,

I don't get you...you seem to pass yourself off as someone who has something to do with the launch of the 350Z. If this is so, I apologize for questioning your stance on our interest in pictures and stats. If you are simply another Z enthusiast waiting for their new car, however, then I think you are taking yourself and everyone's curiosity way too seriously. I would appreciate a justification of your criticism of the work Scafremon and others have done to satisfy our thirst for facts. In other words...who are you?
Old 06-12-2002, 01:38 AM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by tbcz
SeedyRom,

I don't get you...you seem to pass yourself off as someone who has something to do with the launch of the 350Z. If this is so, I apologize for questioning your stance on our interest in pictures and stats. If you are simply another Z enthusiast waiting for their new car, however, then I think you are taking yourself and everyone's curiosity way too seriously. I would appreciate a justification of your criticism of the work Scafremon and others have done to satisfy our thirst for facts. In other words...who are you?
Please read my above post. I think you just missed it. I really wanted to come here and be a helpful addition to the forum (seeing as I run one myself). However, I've found people taking things way too seriously....which is odd because you say the samething back at me. It's quite easy for many of you to jump onto me when I'm referring to someone who has given you something apparently so cherished. But my point was quite clear above. If you read everything can you really NOT see where I'm coming from? I've been a public speaker and a writer and don't usually have a problem conveying something....but apparently you guys aren't getting it.

As I've said in a few posts, I do NOT work for Nissan. I do, however, have strong ties to the 350Z program. I was at the unveiling in Gardena in January 2001 (it was timed with a second car at the same time as the Detroit launch). Pics are on my site www.zheaven.com for the skeptics...since this place breeds them logically. I have good friends that work on the project as well. Since then I've been providing the latest information humanly possible on the car in my articles in SportZ Magazine. I've been nearly dead-on accurate as well and the proof is in the backissues. What Jeff did was a great service to you curious guys...but to my own credit I've been posting new information for over a year. Guys like us are the connection to the enthusiast car owner...not Joe Blow. We can be a benefit here provided we don't step on any toes. Some of you guys don't realize that Nissan ACTIVELY reads this board, my board, older Z boards, etc. People DO get in trouble over leaked information or information that isn't supposed to be revealed. How would you like it if people posted on a forum somewhere and got you in trouble at your job? You wouldn't.

It's JUST A CAR...that is true. Thankfully my paycheck doesn't come from some CAR...but others do. That was my point. End of discussion...no big deal...sorry it sounds so important. Can we get to talking about the Z ane be thankful it's almost here instead of being keyboard warriors?

Last edited by SeedyRom; 06-12-2002 at 01:44 AM.

Quick Reply: NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!