Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 01:40 AM
SeedyRom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by exsilio
It sounds to me like there is a lot of speculation going on here. I MIGHT have heard this, it COULD be that, so-and-so TOLD ME this.

Nothing definitive, just hearsay and innuendo.

The pics were taken. How scaf got them is between him and whoever let him take them.

I don't think anyone needs to be criticized as "abusing the gifts they are given".

The bottomline is this...you don't know for certain. So let's let this topic rest and move on to something more constructive.
I didn't know for certain the details on who got slammed, but A) I know it happened and B) I know we were cut from some information because of it Do you think I'd care otherwise?
Old 06-12-2002, 01:45 AM
tbcz

SeedyRom,

I did miss your post above and hope you understand my tone probably would have been different if I had read it first. I certainly hope no one has gotten into trouble over any pics...
Old 06-12-2002, 01:59 AM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by tbcz
SeedyRom,

I did miss your post above and hope you understand my tone probably would have been different if I had read it first. I certainly hope no one has gotten into trouble over any pics...
It's cool dude. I'm a longwinded fellow when it comes to posting replies sometimes...so sometimes explaining my point gets kinda hard. Glad you understand. I'm here to help...it's just that my FIRST posts here were to defend a friend/source of mine. Just a few years ago I was the rabid enthusiast wanting every piece of information at any cost...now I'm on both sides and know it has a price. I didn't even know this place existed until someone took a post from my site and put it here Glad to know enthusiasm about the car is spreading when just 1 year ago I had to convince people the car was going to be awesome!
Old 06-12-2002, 03:11 AM
RainmanZ

Default Tone

I am glad to see the TONE of this thread mellow a bit. After all, we are all glad to be here and have info to share. It would appear no malicious intent has been displayed. Glad you have come full circle to a gentlemans agreement and acceptance of each others opinions. Obviously, we would not wish to degenerate to the level of another board that we all know.(And generally do not like.)

Seedyrom, I appreciate you're comments. Please feel free to post any and all opinions. We do not censor opinions, rather inappropriate behavior.

As for the rest of you. You know me as a regular. No harm, no foul intended. Have a good day.

RainmanZ
Old 06-12-2002, 03:54 AM
SeedyRom

Yeah, I REALLY doubt that Nissan has a problem with this site or any about the 350Z. No matter HOW much wrong/bad/etc info that could possibly come out, it's still exposure and in the last 6 months the tides have turned SHARPLY in favor of the 350Z. Being a fellow long-time vet of this car (I swear, I feel like it's been around for 10 years at this point), I'm sure you know what people originally thought...the discontent that was expressed...the constant "it's not a Z" comments. It's been a long time coming, but I think we're in the home stretch and any and all info is good info.

I'm sure you already got my memo since you've referrenced a lot of it here and I thank you for getting to it. As I said in the email to you, I mentioned that it was possible Jeff himself didn't even know that they were "taboo" at the time and you've proven that to be correct (I have no reason not to believe you). I think someone higher up in the food chain was supposed to control that and did not. And really, if anyone is STILL in trouble they shouldn't be...I mean I cannot believe how wide-spread full access sightings have been. Seeing the car driving around it nothing special...but cars being left open at track events and guys tipping valets $20 to see the car opened up and sit inside (happened on 350ZForum today) are happening all over the place. If Nissan even still cares about this, it's a losing battle...the word is out, people are pumped and it's gravy until July 3rd! Thanks for posting and getting it all out in the clear
Old 06-12-2002, 08:02 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I briefly saw this discussion early today, but did not have time to respond until now. I think that was a blessing, because you guys have done a very good job clarifying alot of things.

Thank you Jay for your post. Like you, I also thought that if someone from Nissan had some issues with the photos, that I would be getting a phone call, or an email. I never did. And as you stated, I always asked whomever was near if it was ok if I took pictures. I have no idea who these people were, but if anyone of them were under instructions to prevent people from taking pictures,well, I guess they didn't do their job. But I think they were just Nissan employees, as excited as me to see the cars.

The only item that I think I need to clarify is that I do not have any relatives that work for Nissan, and I do not personally know anyone who works for Nissan. I never had a discussion with an engineer ( or anyone else) about taking pictures, and I never broke an agreement with someone to not post pictures, because their was never an agreement or discussion about this to begin with.

I am just Joe Blow (except that nickname was already taken, so I went with Scafremon...of course...who wouldn't!), and I saw the cars, took pictures, and shared.

SeedyRom: If you would like my phone number, just message me. I do feel bad that some engineer possibly got reprimanded for what I did, because it sure sounds like it was the result of mis-information. I don't have any problem discussing any of this with anyone, and would gladly do so to help out someone who incorrectly got in trouble.

I sure hope all of this doesn't hurt my chances of getting pictures this Friday of white, black, and red! If anyone is in the area, I'll be the goofy looking guy standing on the corner of Fig and 190th with the digital camera in my hand. Here's a pic of me to help anyone recognize me.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!-tbczshirt.jpg  
Old 06-12-2002, 08:28 AM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by Scafremon

SeedyRom: If you would like my phone number, just message me. I do feel bad that some engineer possibly got reprimanded for what I did, because it sure sounds like it was the result of mis-information. I don't have any problem discussing any of this with anyone, and would gladly do so to help out someone who incorrectly got in trouble.

I sure hope all of this doesn't hurt my chances of getting pictures this Friday of white, black, and red! If anyone is in the area, I'll be the goofy looking guy standing on the corner of Fig and 190th with the digital camera in my hand. Here's a pic of me to help anyone recognize me.
No problem man...like I said, I think it was higher up where the mistake was made. They can't stop people from hanging out down on Fig

Anyway, I may be down there for an event they are having over by Mr. K's Cafe on Friday. This year they took the employee go-karts and put little 350Z bodies on them Dunno if I can get off work though.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:11 PM
infinite z

Originally posted by Scafremon
I sure hope all of this doesn't hurt my chances of getting pictures this Friday of white, black, and red
Holy crap, there's going to be more pics of Super Black coming?!?! PLEASE OH PLEEEEZE I NEED MORE PICS OF MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jeff, in advance!