Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 03:34 AM
Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!

The Silverstone looks great in these photos!

http://www.350zforum.com/cgi-bin/ttn...al&msg_id=4017

(This is JmanZ... I edited this thread and removed the images that Dave posted because the images were not posted with the originiating website's permission. If you'd like to see the images, just check out the website. Nothing Personal Dave... I don't like it when others hotlink this site so I tend to not hotlink others or allow others to do so. Sort of a webmaster code of ethics I guess)

-edited by JmanZ 10:06pm PST-
Old 06-10-2002, 04:06 AM
RADZ
Charter Member #39

Thumbs up Awesome Pics

Great pictures. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:10 AM
BullishZ

Actually I think u are mistaken...

The car is Chrome Silver... no?
Old 06-10-2002, 04:13 AM
pekkle
Charter Member #20

looks like chrome silver to me too.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:34 AM
netviper

Default yea

the last pic is silverstone which is weird. but for sure the others are chrome
Old 06-10-2002, 05:23 AM
BullishZ

Wrong. I believe the last pic is a chrome silver as well.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:25 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, Chrome Silver. Even the last pic is, as you can tell by the shadow that it is the same car as the ones above.

I compared the rear license plate (what isn't blanked out) to the chrome silver pics I took at NNA. It matches. Even the little white area sneaking out from behind the bottom of the plate.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!-p5170026.jpg  
Old 06-10-2002, 05:28 AM
Scafremon

And also that little paint-chip at bottom of bumper between the tailpipes.

Much better pics than mine - it does look sharp!
Attached Thumbnails NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!-p5170017.jpg  
Old 06-10-2002, 05:32 AM
BrianZ

BEAUTIFUL!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:03 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Nice sounding exhaust! How'd you record it? where was the mic in relation to the car? inside/outside....? I'm really excited about this, one of my favorite things about cars has always been the roar of the engine.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:19 AM
Dave

I think someone mentioned on the 350zforum.com (the place all the pictures + sound originated) that the sound was recorded from inside the car.

And about the car not being silverstone, well, I just relayed what was said on the other board, if anybody is wrong about the colour of the car, its the person who originally put up the pictures and sound bit.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:04 AM
BullishZ

Dave, don't get us wrong... we are happy to have the pics, and I'm sure we're all thankful for them. (especially the sound clip) However, for people who ordered Silverstone (like myself) and are dying to see some new CLEAN pics of it, it was just a slight disappointment.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:43 AM
FalGra

Sounds ok, second mod... deeper exhaust... Thanks for the pics and the sound clip! U ROCK!
Old 06-10-2002, 10:22 AM
DIGItonium

Default Sound quality...

I wish the sound quality was better.

Hek... let me do the recording!
I'm pretty picky, and I will assure you that the quality of the recording is acceptable.

This sound file.... very short, and unnacceptable. Good enuff anyhow.

When it comes to video... don't ask me, heh.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:18 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by Scafremon
I agree, Chrome Silver. Even the last pic is, as you can tell by the shadow that it is the same car as the ones above.

I compared the rear license plate (what isn't blanked out) to the chrome silver pics I took at NNA. It matches. Even the little white area sneaking out from behind the bottom of the plate.
The car IS Chrome Silver, that was a typo as I was writing it up. I always say one is the other lol. Anyway, in case you hadn't put 2 and 2 together, the license plate was blanked out for a REASON. I know the story behind your original photos and that they should not have been posted...I'd have hoped you would have left THIS one alone as well but instead you are stirring a pot that shouldn't be

I'm trying to inform the people as best I can...please do not rain on this and get people in trouble that shouldn't be.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:20 PM
SeedyRom

Default Re: Sound quality...

Originally posted by djtonium
I wish the sound quality was better.

Hek... let me do the recording!
I'm pretty picky, and I will assure you that the quality of the recording is acceptable.

This sound file.... very short, and unnacceptable. Good enuff anyhow.

When it comes to video... don't ask me, heh.
Beggars can't be choosers It was off a digital camera's microphone 10 feet away...do you really need 30 seconds of the SAME sound over and over? I kept it short for a reason and the video isn't posted for that same reason.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:22 PM
SeedyRom

Originally posted by Dave
I think someone mentioned on the 350zforum.com (the place all the pictures + sound originated) that the sound was recorded from inside the car.

And about the car not being silverstone, well, I just relayed what was said on the other board, if anybody is wrong about the colour of the car, its the person who originally put up the pictures and sound bit.
Mic was outside the car. Yes, it was my typo as I stated below
Old 06-10-2002, 11:41 PM
rilez

Seedy is right-- these guys are doing us a huge favor by posting pics and bringing the car out in public. Let's just be happy that we even have pics and be as cautious as possible about posting. They understand how excited we Zers are about a new Z on the road and want to share their excitement as well. Let's respect their desire for secrecy.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:06 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by SeedyRom

The car IS Chrome Silver, that was a typo as I was writing it up. I always say one is the other lol. Anyway, in case you hadn't put 2 and 2 together, the license plate was blanked out for a REASON. I know the story behind your original photos and that they should not have been posted...I'd have hoped you would have left THIS one alone as well but instead you are stirring a pot that shouldn't be

I'm trying to inform the people as best I can...please do not rain on this and get people in trouble that shouldn't be.
Just wanted to add some of my thoughts.

I understand typo's, and like you, I am having trouble telling Chrome Silver and Silverstone apart, based on the different pictures we have seen. I have a Silverstone on order, so I am very interested in this particular color. Unfortunately, your typo led me to investigate further, and to the conclusions I reached, which I posted for the rest of the people that have interest in this matter. If you had called it chrome silver, I wouldn't have went through the efforts I did. I'm not passing blame (if there is any to be passed) onto you; just clarifying what led me to do what I did.

I'm sure you blanked out the plate for a reason (it didn't look accidental), but I am having trouble putting 2 plus 2 together, if this result would give me your reason. (You didn't steal the car, did you?)

As for stirring the pot, and getting people in trouble (Nissan Employees I can only assume)- never my intentions. I would hope that no one got in trouble, especially based on a 'story behind (my) original photos', as there wasn't much of a story there, and definetly nothing incriminating of an employee. I would be happy to discuss this further with anyone from Nissan if they would like to.

I'm not dissing you or your post, just trying to clarify my position. And thanks for your excellent pictures of Chrome Silver. They are much better then the sun-bleached photo's I took, and I think everyone on the forums appreciated them.

Jeff

Quick Reply: NEW Silverstone Pics and Exhaust sound!