Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Can the Z hold off the LS-1's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002 | 03:00 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
I talked to one of those guys last night....Where the heck you get 315 at the wheels...he said 275 at the wheels And his car is 350 pounds heaver...according to his door gross curb weight and my door gross curb weight....his car is a 2000 black Ws6
Seems like someone doesnt know what hes talking about.

I'm still waiting to get 350speeds pm
I tried to pm you. your box was full, so I'll just tell ya here. I'm gonna be at Ennis all weekend for the drag race, but definitely another weekend. Let me know!!
Old 10-10-2002 | 03:12 AM
Phi-1002-

315 rwhp is what my car dyno'ed w/ 10000 miles equipped w/ an aftermarket lid, K&N filter, and an exhaust cutout.

I'm not saying that's what they all do. The pulls were done by Kenny Brown in Indianapolis, IN. DO NOT imply that I'm lying.

I think your flame wars are stupid. I like both cars. I believe that, straight line, the LS-1's will eat the Z's lunch. I still am buying a Z though.
Old 10-10-2002 | 06:33 AM
THrussT

Most LS1's (stock) dyno 300-315 "at the wheels." Not so much a General Motors secret anymore. They are legendary at low-balling their motors. This is why in many cases, a stock LS1-powered Ram Air or Camaro SS can damn near go door to door with a stock C5 (same model year) in the 1320 (These cars do NOT have 320 GM-advertised horsepower...try about 350, which matches the C5's output). A driver's race to be sure. Especially since the Camaro/Firebird suspension/tranny is set-up a bit more favorable for off the line aggressive starts.
Anyways, a year from now, you could probably count the the total number of successful "350Z vs. LS1" stoplight encounters on one hand and still have enough fingers left over to go bowling. Just like with my car or choice, it's not our bread and butter (stock anyway).
How's this? Let's leave the "Indy Stop Light" races for the muscle cars and go find us some winding roads...whaddya' say? Think most of those guys will follow? Without serious suspension uprgrades (trust me, I know)...
Probably not.

Last edited by THrussT; 10-10-2002 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-10-2002 | 06:49 AM
Phi-1002-

THrusST

No argument on my end buddy. Muscle cars are muscle cars and sports cars are sports cars. No reason to blur those lines.
Old 10-10-2002 | 09:23 AM
leelinch

Cool Raced a PORSCHE for 1 mile...

Today on my way back home from my grandmothers, this Porsche pulls up next to me and obviously wants to race. They are revving their engine, honking their horn and all that. At the next light we both pull up to "poll" position and I know to win I might have to play "dirty". So, when the light turned green I thought the other person must of been daydreaming or something because they got off to a slow start. I immediately centered my car over the middle stripe in the road (told you I play dirty) so as to prevent the Porsche from passing me. About 5 seconds later I look in the rearview mirror and I see no daylight between the rear of my car and the nose of the other car. They were sooo close to me I was starting to think I had passengers and a backseat! Anway, this goes on for about 20 seconds before the Porsche crosses the yellow line (just missing oncomming traffic) and passes me just before we hit the next red light. Damn! At the light the Porsche rolls down their window and, to my utter shock, it was my grandmother behind the wheel waving the bag of milk and cookies I had accidentally left behind!
Moral of story: dont believe everything you read.
Old 10-10-2002 | 09:43 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Default Re: Raced a PORSCHE for 1 mile...

Originally posted by leelinch
At the light the Porsche rolls down their window and, to my utter shock, it was my grandmother behind the wheel waving the bag of milk and cookies I had accidentally left behind!
Moral of story: dont believe everything you read.
LMFAO!!!! Don't ya love mistaking a relative for a racer?