Time to go to the tint shop!-*reason number 2 why GA rocks*

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Time to go to the tint shop!-*reason number 2 why GA rocks*

"Tinted Windows in the Peach State

Georgia may now be the only state in the country that does not have laws regulating tinted windows in vehicles. A law was in place for years that made it illegal to reduce light transmission in car windows to less than 32 percent, but now the state Supreme Court has overturned that ruling.

The law was brought before the Supreme Court by a woman who was stopped in Cobb County for dark windows. Her complaint is only Georgia residents and not out-of-state motorists could be fined for tinted windows in the Peach State.

When making a traffic stop, law enforcement officers say they feel safer when they can see what they're getting themselves into.

CAPT Mark Scott with the Thomasville Police Department says, "When people have windows that are tinted so dark you can't see inside of the vehicle, an officer walking up to that vehicle doesn't know if the people are armed. You can't see anything."

Until Monday, a law was in place in the Peach State making windows tinted less than 32 percent illegal.

Lawmakers in Atlanta threw out Georgia's tint law because they say it was discriminatory. Only residents of Georgia and not motorists from other states driving through could be punished under it.

"I'm happy they threw it out because with having my windows tinted it makes my car cooler, and some people might think it's a hazard of not being able to see out of your windows, but I don't think it is," says Janie Owens.

Some motorists say it's an issue that should be left up to a car's owner, but authorities here say they're hoping the state Supreme Court will reconsider.

Up until Monday, the law carried misdemeanor penalties for anyone stopped with windows that were too dark.

Lawmakers have not yet seen any motions to bring the law back, but police in this area say they hope the danger of not regulating tinted windows will make them change their minds.
"

hahaha, you californians have fun with your weather, Im thinking some legal 5% tint on the side windows will look nice . not that I was legal before with 20% and 5%. but now I am!

georgians tint on!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:29 AM
MA4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my un-tinted car is cooler, you can see the nice interior ..all the gauges and flasy sports car stuff, and the handsome man driving it...with nothing to hide.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:34 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the non tinted look, but without tint the Florida sun faded just about any part I installed in my interior of my last car cause I parked my car outside. Needless to say I will be tinting this car, but not that dark.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Blue350zCali

Originally posted by explortainment
my un-tinted car is cooler, you can see the nice interior ..all the gauges and flasy sports car stuff, and the handsome man driving it...with nothing to hide.
I think they are saying that the car is cooler temperture wise.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:14 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in real life, Im a shy guy, not that Im a hermit and dont want people to see me, but I like some privacy in the car.

and yes, the heat factor is also pretty big. though... my car really has no chance anyway. Im thinking of filling the passenger seat with some rocks and add a cup of water, hop in and start up the sauna.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:27 AM
MA4

"Im thinking of filling the passenger seat with some rocks and add a cup of water, hop in and start up the sauna."

great idea!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Justin

Now if they only get rid of the stupid "No selling alcohol on Sunday" law, we'll be set.

Justin
Old 06-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Z33JSpec

Too bad more states won't follow suit on lifting tint laws.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Leh GSC

just got my windows tinted 15% now i dont have to worry anymore.

the darker the better