Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

www.stillen.com – Terrible Service Experience.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Midus
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
FYI, Alex Cates no longer works for Stealin. They aren't even a sponsor of the site.

Get your facts straight,
Victor
They used to be..What happened??
Old 06-26-2004, 10:13 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Midus
I believe Alex Cates from stillen (he is like the 2nd in command over there) post's on this site as "2fst4u" or something like that..PM him and rectify it they are a sponsor on this site. And by the way I am surprised to see a moderator "bashing" a sponsor on this site. *tisk tisk*
Stillen has experienced some notoriety in years past and pretty much made that old news (in my opinion). I'm surprised to see the situation as you described it herein. Alex Cates will resolve this quickly and probably have a word or two with certain customer service representatives. BTW, tell Alex I said HI.

Bob
Old 06-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Midus
Banned

Originally posted by publisher
Stillen has experienced some notoriety in years past and pretty much made that old news (in my opinion). I'm surprised to see the situation as you described it herein. Alex Cates will resolve this quickly and probably have a word or two with certain customer service representatives. BTW, tell Alex I said HI.

Bob
I was not bashing Stillen or Alex, I was merely saying he post's here under the name 2fst4u, And I was pointing out the fact that Mike Wazakowski called them stealin and I thought they were still sponsors on this site but apparently not...And Alex Cates does still work for Stillen, here is one of his last posts,look at the initals on the bottom "AC" IE Alex Cates...Get YOUR facts straight Vic

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....545#post844545
Old 06-26-2004, 11:08 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I was not bashing Stillen or Alex, I was merely saying he post's here under the name 2fst4u, And I was pointing out the fact that Mike Wazakowski called them stealin and I thought they were still sponsors on this site but apparently not...And Alex Cates does still work for Stillen, here is one of his last posts,look at the initals on the bottom "AC" IE Alex Cates...Get YOUR facts straight Vic

My facts are fine.
You missed my point.
I was merely suggesting a way to solve the situation.
Obviously should not have replied to your quote -- should have been mikeyngo1.

Bob
Old 06-26-2004, 11:10 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just spoke with a few Stillen reps at the Z Convention. Alex Cates no longer works for Stillen.

And I run this site. I think I would know who is a sponsor and who is not.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:58 AM
k4ngsta

And I run this site.
sounds like

I RUN THESE STREETS!!
Old 06-26-2004, 12:56 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

And I run this site. I think I would know who is a sponsor and who is not.
Mike, did you get a chance to talk to Art when you were at the convention?

Bob
Old 06-27-2004, 08:58 AM
mikeyngo

My Grill has not been picked up on friday. This is the Second time that I was told it was supposely to be picked up.

First time, I TOOK WORK OFF and waited the whole day for them to pick up. Not realizing that Stillen has made a mistake and not entering the Return order in.

Second time, Marshall confirms that he entered the Return order. Me and my sister waited all day FRIDAY for it to get picked up. NO LUCK.

This is very poor service in there part. I have to follow-up regarding this matter by making phone calls to them. They do not return phone calls whats so ever. They will not assist you if you don't call them up.

I apologize to you all for bursting out like this. But I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

For me to have some respect for Stillen, they better do something that would rectify this situation and provide me some compensation for my loss.

Marshall, if you reading this, I will call you on MONDAY to let you know it was not picked up the second time.

This bites.

Michael

Last edited by mikeyngo; 06-27-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:02 AM
XV8DRVR

Wow, after reading this thread, I'm thinking I won't get the Stage 2 Supercharger from them afterall. Customer service is the one thing that separates aftermarket companies from each other....poor customer service in my book is the deal breaker.

Josh
Old 06-27-2004, 09:49 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by publisher
Mike, did you get a chance to talk to Art when you were at the convention?

Bob
Yeah, I met him and he gave me a T-Shirt!

YAY!
Old 06-27-2004, 10:10 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by XV8DRVR
Wow, after reading this thread, I'm thinking I won't get the Stage 2 Supercharger from them afterall. Customer service is the one thing that separates aftermarket companies from each other....poor customer service in my book is the deal breaker.

Josh

ME TOO,

I was about to order ($2,500+) from them.........but on second thought......I have heard this type of complaint before.

Anyone listening from Stillen ???

Response ??
Old 06-27-2004, 11:44 AM
mikeyngo

Yeah, I met him and he gave me a T-Shirt!

YAY!
LOL Victor.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

screw stillen. I can't think of one of their products I'd want anyways. Their sc is honestly a joke.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:45 PM
XV8DRVR

I like the idea of a warranty on the S/C but honestly, what good is a warranty if the company in question doesn't provide the service to back it up. Think about it, the simple thing this guy wanted to do and it's this much heartache, imagine if my engine blew and I wanted to get it fixed under warranty. Thanks but no thanks. I hope someone from Stillen is reading this because you're losing customers and face from this.

Josh
Old 06-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Pusha_Z

Im not feeling the Stillen SC cause you have to get the hood which IMHO looks like crap. Based on this and previous complaints I will NEVER buy anything from Stillen. Spreading the word is the best revenge cause in this thread alone you convinced potential customers not to spend their thousands of dollars on their products. later, and good luck. Oh and by the way, if you are tired of wasting your day then just take the grille to a UPS store and send it. Sure it will cost you money but it will free up your day. Later, and good luck
Old 06-28-2004, 01:12 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
I have AEM Polised cold air intake in stock for G35
I have Eibach pro-kit for G35 in stock
wrong thread?
Old 06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
devildoc

I would never buy anything from Stillen. There are too many other companies that I'd much rather give my money to. I always thought that they were overpriced, and this complaint is just the icing on the cake.

Ian
Old 06-28-2004, 04:39 PM
mikeyngo

Thanks for the support. Officially, my grill has been picked-up today on Monday 6/28.

Now on to round two, waiting for the new grill to come in....

Yeah Stillen is not a bad company. If you like a service as where you would need to follow through by phone calls and making complaints to get things done, then Stillen is a perfect place to buy.

No offense, but returns/exchanges should not be like this. I'm wondering if my grill would ever be picked up if I would never have made this online post..

I wonder....

Michael
Old 06-28-2004, 10:04 PM
MY350Z.COM

If you have to have something Stillen, it is better to do through someone else such as Avalon Racing, StrictlyZ, Performance Nissan etc...
Old 06-29-2004, 03:38 AM
pimp1911

When I heard about the crappy rear wing (the one that would dent in the middle from being in direct sunlight). Stillen wasnt going to be on my shopping list.