Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

www.stillen.com – Terrible Service Experience.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 07:22 PM
mikeyngo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.stillen.com – Terrible Service Experience.

On 6/11/2004, I purchased a set of Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, AEM Cold Air Intake for my G35C. I also purchase a Trenz Billet Grill for my buddy 04 Maxima.

On 6/15/2004, I received the items and started to install the grill on my buddy’s car. After 2 hours of fitting, we wondered why it didn’t fit correctly. We found the problem that the holes were a little small for the pins to be used. Also the grill itself was uneven. Uneven meaning the bar was somehow bent. We came to a conclusion that the grill was a defect and wanted to exchange.

On 6/16/2004, I called and I spoke to a person name *PHILIP* He told me to take pictures of the deform grill and e-mail it to him so he can evaluate it himself and he would give me a call back.

On 6/18/2004, borrowed my friend’s digital camera and took pictures of the grill. That same day I e-mailed the pictures to *PHILIP*

On 6/21/2004, wondering why I have not received any type of response from Philip, so I gave them a call to see the status of the situation. After being on hold, I received news that Philip is not in and *BEN* in Customer Service is the person to speak to. Ben said that he would evaluate the picture and give TRENDZ a call to see if they can do an exchange and he would give me a call back.

On 6/22/2004, Waited all day yesterday and today but no response from *BEN*. This time I am very frustrated of how poorly this situation is handled. So I proceeded to call Stillen again to see the status of the situation. Spoke to *BEN* again and he said that to get the GRILL prep and ready so that UPS can pick it up on tomorrow.

On 6/23/2004, waited all day for UPS to pick up the deform grill. UPS did not show up. Sadly to say, I took an entire day off work to do this.

On 6/24/2004, called *BEN* again to see whats the deal. Ben was not in so I was transferred to *JOSH*. JOSH stated that there wasn’t any record of BEN putting a RETURN on my GRILL. So during that moment I am very fed up and frustrated of this whole situation. He then stated that he can get the item picked up by UPS on friday. I’m like oh god, whatever sure.

PS. Also, my original invoice total was $803. The invoice they sent me with the packaged was $810. They charge me an extra seven dollars without my acknowledgement. I know $7 isn’t much, but why extra? I ask JOSH the question and he stated that the intake wasn’t in stock, so they had to ship another one out, which cost more for shipping.

So does this mean, I’m paying for your guys mistake? It was in stock online.

Is there a place I can somehow file a complaint for STILLEN?

This has been a waste of my time trying to get an exchange from STILLEN. They have left a bad taste in my mouth of how they handle there customer service. I spoke to four different individuals to get this situation resolved as soon as possible. None of which has not been really helpful in this manner. I have lost much respect to there service and how they follow-up with there customers.

Just want to warn you guys/gals of how poorly there return policy is and how they treat there customers. I hope you don't have the same experience that I have.

Thank you for your time.

Any help is appreciated.

Michael Ngo

Last edited by mikeyngo; 06-24-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:11 PM
elyliu

maybe you should refund it all and go all NISMO....
Old 06-24-2004, 09:10 PM
mikeyngo

Yeah that would be nice. But I have a G35C. And also, the only problem I have with stillen is with exchanging a BILLET GRILL...
Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why am I not surprised.

Stealin...
Old 06-24-2004, 09:32 PM
mikeyngo

Mike.

That sounds about right. LOL. Stealin... Never though about that.

Thanks, I feel much better now. :-)

Michael
Old 06-24-2004, 09:36 PM
ckny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stillen is NOTORIOUS for garbage service. i've boycotted them a long time ago.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:42 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

This isn't the first time we have read stuff like this about Stillen. Are there any reps from Stillen here on the board that would like to chime in and explain/rectify this situation?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:46 AM
mikeyngo

Is there a place online that I can file a complaint form against Stillen service?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Michael
Old 06-25-2004, 05:03 AM
King Tut

I think the lesson to be learned here is:

Don't buy *bling bling* Trendz grillz cause the quality is crap

I would have straight up boxed it up and returned it to them instead of trying to do an exchange or defect and complicating things.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:07 AM
genieman17

Default Re: www.stillen.com – Terrible Service Experience.

Originally posted by mikeyngo1

This has been a waste of my time trying to get an exchange from STILLEN. They have left a bad taste in my mouth of how they handle there customer service. I spoke to four different individuals to get this situation resolved as soon as possible. None of which has not been really helpful in this manner. I have lost much respect to there service and how they follow-up with there customers.
I hate when those damn car guys leave a bad taste in my mouth....\ hehehe.

Sorry...now to be serious...try the better business bureau. They handle that kind of thing.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:18 AM
2003z

People complain all the time, but do very little about it. I'm sure if you took the time to write a personal letter to Steve Millen, he would not be happy with the way you were treated and would correct the situation. If everyone who had bad experiences did this, things would probably change real quick.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:27 AM
mikeyngo

I will definately write a letter to Steve Miller explaining my terrible experience.

I wish I could return the Trenz grill. But my buddy who wanted it, he is paralized and would not accept anything different. LOL

Thank you for all the help. I will also report this to the BBB.

Michael
Old 06-25-2004, 05:36 AM
ckny

soemthing tells me steve millen could give a ****
Old 06-25-2004, 03:46 PM
MY350Z.COM

Here's my friends website

http://www.stillensucks.com
Old 06-25-2004, 05:03 PM
mikeyngo

Thanks for the support. But I guess Stillen does care some ways.

Marshall from Stillen gave me a call today (6/25/2004)

He listen to my concerns and provided me details of the situation.

He also is crediting me back the $7 dollar overcharge.

He also is apparantly calling UPS of why my GRILL hasn't been pick-up TODAY.

All in all, I'm currently still waiting for my grill to be pick-up and exchange.

However I will not in the future purchase or deal with STILLEN again. Also, I will continue to recommend others to not deal with them to.

No one should not experience the lack of service that I received from STILLEN.

Michael
Old 06-25-2004, 05:28 PM
boma

www.bbb.org it works!

I tired it for the first time a couple months ago, and Best Buy gave me a a gift card for my return!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Midus
Banned

I believe Alex Cates from stillen (he is like the 2nd in command over there) post's on this site as "2fst4u" or something like that..PM him and rectify it they are a sponsor on this site. And by the way I am surprised to see a moderator "bashing" a sponsor on this site. *tisk tisk*
Old 06-25-2004, 08:23 PM
lowrider

Typical Stillen BS! Still shoud be on.

Lou
Old 06-25-2004, 08:54 PM
mikeyngo

boma: Yeah I will definately going to post on www.bbb.org. A compension of any sort would be nice for there action. But I have a feeling that they don't do that.

Midus: Thanks for the info, I will contact him. I didn't know Stillen was a sponser for this site. :-)

lowrider: Yeah, I hope from now on that they would follow-up with their customers.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:14 PM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by Midus
I believe Alex Cates from stillen (he is like the 2nd in command over there) post's on this site as "2fst4u" or something like that..PM him and rectify it they are a sponsor on this site. And by the way I am surprised to see a moderator "bashing" a sponsor on this site. *tisk tisk*
FYI, Alex Cates no longer works for Stealin. They aren't even a sponsor of the site.

Get your facts straight,
Victor

Quick Reply: www.stillen.com – Terrible Service Experience.