Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Oops...started some beef @ 2ki.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 10:41 PM
NismoP10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gameover: As much as I hate to propogate this stuff, Nissan has done very well in sports car racing (including the 24hrs of Daytona) and have produced AWESOME cars such as the Skylines, Silvias, Pulsar Gti-R, Z's (240 thru 350), and even cheap sport compacts like the SE-Rs. Not to mention that the VQ-series motor has won awards left and right since it's been around. It's just too bad that Nissan never imported the Skylines or SR20DET powered Silvia's and 180SX's to the US. Hmmm...I think Nissan would've been "close to Honda" if they had better marketing/product planning personnel in the US. I'd be the first in line to get me a brand new S15 Silvia if they ever brought it over!

LA-Z: Let's get to planning!! I'd love to see the looks on peoples' faces when they see a whole bunch of 350Z's and S2K's cruising around...hehehehe
Old 10-11-2002, 02:16 AM
Old Skooler

Gameover-

Hasn't proven themselves yet???

Oh, people must of been <i>dreaming</i> about the 240Z, 280ZX, and 300Z. And I suppose this "350Z" I keep hearing about is just a figment of someone's wild imagination....silly me. Why don't we all just wake up and buy a nice S2000. Then the rest of us can be Honda trolls too!
Old 10-11-2002, 05:05 AM
Rocket2023

When we had our small meet in Austin last Sunday there were two S2000's there. I thought it was a cool little ride and was interesting to see how different the engine design was. For me it was new, I had only seen these once in awhile around town.

I for one appreciated them bringing their rides out.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:08 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by Michael-Dallas
I find the Porsche owner comments interesting. Porsche Club of America (PCA) is one of the more active auto organizations when it comes to driving schools/driving events (at least in North Texas). It's very difficult to get in one of their events because they're usually booked solid w/ Porsches.

Anyway, I'm sure a couple of my friends would take offense to that. For example, one is 33yo and owns a 1996 911 Turbo. He races his spec RX-7 in NASA and SCCA, but he also instructs for PCA, NASA, and other local driving events. I've ridden in his 911 Turbo at these events when he's instructing and it's more gratifying than a rollercoaster ride. Especially when he's driving in the rain on track tires.

Some people need to stop sitting on the sidelines and actually start attending these events and see for themselves. The only people they are fooling w/ those comments are themselves.

Michael.
I was thinking the SAME thing when I read the Porsche comments. How naive were those comments? Every Porsche owner I know is a die-hard car enthusiast who bought a Porsche not onlly for its performance but for their love of incredible German engineering. What retards some people can be...
Old 10-11-2002, 06:22 AM
rai

Um, yeah a lot of porsche owners are middle age, it takes financial security to put down that kind of money, not too many kids working at Wendy's can afford a 911 turbo. Does that mean that these middle age porsche owners are gold chain rejects?

I admit a lot of Boxster owners are probably rich girls from 90210, who could care less about racing heratage or engeneering, but that doesn't mean the car is a paper tiger.

Um, why is it that the S2000 owners are so concerned with the "fat" Z (400 pounds more than the S2K), yet they seem to love G35 coupe. Hello McFly the G is HEAVIER than the Z, has a higher CG and longer wheelbase and less hp.

I know looks are subjective, but a lot of those coments were out of line. (dog takinf a **** etc...) Reminds me of the time some S2K lover was here picking on the Z because the Shift ad campaine was lame. (Ouch, if that's the worst you can come up with you are desperate).

Old 10-11-2002, 05:34 PM
THrussT

Originally posted by rai

Um, why is it that the S2000 owners are so concerned with the "fat" Z (400 pounds more than the S2K), yet they seem to love G35 coupe. Hello McFly the G is HEAVIER than the Z, has a higher CG and longer wheelbase and less hp.
Well, for the few that commented, I would summize since the 350Z preports to be the "sportscar" and the G35 coupe is more of a grand tourer, it would probably come down to the intended purpose of the platform which explains why some owners prefer less weight in their sportscars and more weight in their luxury tourers. In essence, who desires a 2200-lb Aston Martin? Granted...a stretch but I think you know what I mean. Besides, I think the reason why those enthusiasts have voiced an opinion favorable to the Infiniti is based not so much on weight, rather looks. From what I have read to date, most early reviews of the coupe favor the sheetmetal of the G35.

I know looks are subjective, but a lot of those coments were out of line. (dog takinf a **** etc...)
Adjectives. That's all they are. One man's "ugh" is another man's "not bad, but not for me."
Reminds me of the time some S2K lover was here picking on the Z because the Shift ad campaine was lame.
Actually, not to bring up a dead horse, but the campaign was inaccurate to a hysterical level. Like I posted before, you can't argue asthetics but you can debate observations that are simply incorrect. I think this is what offended those who blasted the ad campaign. After the SVT Cobra missing horsepower fiasco, and the Mazda Miata's "where's the beef?" lost ponies, buyers/owners are more suspect about what is being spoon fed them from manufacturers looking to de-horse 'em 10 minutes after walking into the showroom.
Just my .02
Old 10-11-2002, 05:58 PM
ksj

Originally posted by LA-Z
arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded.
And you are an idiot for repeating this type of ****. I suggest you go to the Special Olympics web site and take a look around.

You may be surprised to find that the guy who lost his legs in an auto accident isn't mentally disabled. Neither is the blind woman. Nor are many of the other competitors in SO.

I'll tell you this though, imo the people you derisively describe as "retarded" show considerably more character and courage than any of us.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Fëanor

Default Adjectives?

'Adjectives. That's all they are. One man's "ugh" is another man's "not bad, but not for me.'

True, for the most part. However, when a person's adjectives are given with a certain harsh, demeaning arrogance, I can't help but wonder if his extreme defensive stance belies a subconscious that is at odds with his own stated opinions. To each their own, but when a person is a blatant ******** in the delivery they're probably suppressing the truth, not to mention their own insecurity. At least that's the impression I got from that XViper jackass. Otherwise the folks at that S2000 forum were pretty civil (by public forum standards), and well within reasonable expectations to prefer their own car.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:28 PM
S2kRob

I just want to say that both the S2000 and the 350Z suck *** compared to a Pagani Zonda C12S. What I wouldn't give to own that car . . .

Anyways, this stupid bickering is utterly pointless. I personally am gunning for a 993 Turbo to replace the S2000 in 2 years. Wish me luck.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:58 AM
spf4000

Originally posted by S2kRob
I just want to say that both the S2000 and the 350Z suck *** compared to a Pagani Zonda C12S. What I wouldn't give to own that car . . .

Anyways, this stupid bickering is utterly pointless. I personally am gunning for a 993 Turbo to replace the S2000 in 2 years. Wish me luck.
Ummm, you're comparing the Z and S2000 to a car that costs as much as 10 of these cars...of course they are going to "suck ***" in comparison.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:00 PM
GameOver

NIssan vs Honda

....sorry 350z lovers but the veredict is HONDA! AND time has proven so!

I's like a 350z tho

later
Old 10-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Chris S

Well said, JD. Most of us in Austin seem to have a mutual respect for each other and our cars. In fact, I organized a Hill Country drive (http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=80452) and openly invited the local 350Z community to join us. Only got 2 to sign up, and 1 to actually show up, and we patiently waited (a fair amount of time, in several instances) for him bringing up the rear at each turnoff point...he didn't even have to endure any smack talk! You TX owners really missed out...it was a blast!

Every board has its a$$holes, so it's important to remember that none of us represent our cars' ownership as a whole. I firmly believe that trolling is stupid, and I wouldn't be here if I didn't dig the 350Z. I'm not getting one soon, but it's a likely candidate for my S2000's eventual replacement.

Rocket2023, I think there were about as many S2000's (at least 5) as Z's at the last Austin meet! Unfortunately, I didn't help the balance by driving my Tundra.

Originally posted by articfury
Here in Austin the S2K and 350Z folks have been getting together fairly regularly. There is absolutely no animosity between the two groups. We share a common love for cars and speed. Besides, it gives us more opportunities to show them the error of their ways. j/k (Man, ChrisS is going to kill me for that one)

Enjoy your car for the reasons you got it, and let others do the same.

JD

PS

GameOver- against my better judgement, I will comment about your post. You have once again proven yourself to be the Community Honda Troll that won't go away. I am sure in the face of mountains of logical and rational examples of why you are wrong on a subject, you would still extol the virtues of Honda. Knowing that, I am sure you will come up with some witty retort. But maybe instead you can tell us why you still come here.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:59 PM
airgate

Originally posted by ksj

I'll tell you this though, imo the people you derisively describe as "retarded" show considerably more character and courage than any of us.
Said very well. . .

Now, with this S2000 vs. 350Z or 350Z vs. S2000 thing. Really, enough is enough. Folks are going to have opinions. I used to get offended at times when folks made their comments but life is too short to worry about what some folks may think. Overall, if it makes you happy, that's what matters!

I've been interested in the 350Z since it has become available. And I am awaiting my test drive in early November.

Not that I'll be trading my S2000, but the 350Z may get my mind off the new Accord Coupe.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:57 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by honda troll
I resent that!
ROTFL