Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How to grade service at my dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 11:27 AM
TheLex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to grade service at my dealer?

I brought my car in for it's first oil change. Along with it, I had a couple of warranty items that needed fixing - the dash panels right next to the A pillar were loose and vibrated irritatingly over bumpy roads, and the right window exhibited a grease mark (common). Also I received the recall notice regarding the tire roar.

The service advisor was very perfunctory - polite but really didn't seem very interested in what I had to say. I banged on the A pillar panel demonstrating how it vibrated (it's a VERY noticeable rattle). Then I pointed out the existing grease streak on the passenger window. Finally I mentioned the notice I got in the mail about the tires.

The advisor barely took note of how I demonstrated the rattle. He acknowledged the streak without comment. And he told me the tire roar issue/feathering can't possibly apply since I only had 3k mi on the car.

So he goes back to his little booth and types in the comments about the warranty issues. Then he has me sign the paperwork. That's it - no smiles, no "thank you for using our service."

OK, so the guy doesn't have much personality. Just fix the car.

At the end of the day the service advisor calls and says everything's done. They added a "stopper kit" for the grease streak. They can't do anything about the tires. And they were "unable to reproduce the rattle" even though I had specifically demonstrated how he could induce it without even driving the car. I mentioned that I wanted that rattle gone. He says I'll have to come in the next morning to go on a test drive with their tech. OK.

Next morning, I show up at his service booth again. He barely acknowledged me and had to be reminded of my service issue. He calls the tech.

Now, the tech is a great guy. He goes for a test drive with me, and immediately notices the rattles. He tells me that Nissan's are known for their lack of quality control as for as rattles and noise. He say's he'll fix the rattle, no problem.

I leave expecting a call from the service advisor later in the day. No call comes. I call at around 4:45pm. The operator tells me the car's not done yet according to the computer, and furthermore, the service advisor is gone for the day. Wow.

Next morning the service advisor calls me at 7:45am telling me the car will be ready by midday. OK.

Now, I have one of those comment cards. How should I rate my experience? I am very pleased with the service from the tech. He fixed the rattles and he even put in a new stopper kit on the driver's side "just in case". But this service advisor just rubs me the wrong way. The guy has the personality, well....he doesn't have much of a personality. Am I too uptight about this? I know this is a Nissan and not a MBZ, but I'm used to having service advisors keep me up to date about my car.

Lexus and MBZ are still tops in the service RELATIONSHIP experience IMO. Heck, even my old Chevy Tahoe dealer is better at this.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:53 AM
dragonbz99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nissan service stinks, first off, i called them cuz i knew about that engine sensor recall, and they were like, oh, we dont know about that, so any way i thoguht it didtn matter so i dindt do it - nissanusa.com says it only applies to the first 150 cars or so any way.

then, the tire feathering thing, i called them, and then they were like we dont know about it, and then im liek what do you mean i have the sheet right in front of me i printed out online, then hes like o, bring it in. then i get there, and i tell him all the problems im having and hand the TSB to him and hes like youre having all these problems? im like yes, so the tech checks it that day and orders tires for me and finally i got it fixed. then, when i pick up my realigned car, service advisor tells me, "youre going to get a survey from nissan, so call us if you cant fill out anythign 'excellent' since well fail if its nto all excellent".... soo... how can i write excellent in the category "willingness to perform repairs." also, for services, if they know 350z has so many problems, they shoudl check for them, i mean one test drive and they can find out all, but instead, we have to point out and ask them to fix it<--- big hassel.

and yes, Lexus service is tons better.