Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What happens if you do not properly break in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Zpeed Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The manufacturers know what kind of materials and what kind of tolerances they allowed in their engine. You, nor motoman, nor your two brothers, nor your mothers uncles know more than the nissan engineers about their own engine.

The use of low power settings does not expand the piston rings enough, and a film of oil is left on the cylinder walls

Which is precisely the reason why nissan suggests low power. They want us to get a bad seal and have an engine that runs hot and burns oil. Right! They felt the need to lie to us. They told us a lie so we would get a weak engine that won't last.

Makes perfect sense.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:53 PM
admorris

Originally posted by Zpeed Freak
The manufacturers know what kind of materials and what kind of tolerances they allowed in their engine. You, nor motoman, nor your two brothers, nor your mothers uncles know more than the nissan engineers about their own engine.

The use of low power settings does not expand the piston rings enough, and a film of oil is left on the cylinder walls

Which is precisely the reason why nissan suggests low power. They want us to get a bad seal and have an engine that runs hot and burns oil. Right! They felt the need to lie to us. They told us a lie so we would get a weak engine that won't last.

Makes perfect sense.
Let me get this straight...are you talking about the same engineers who took a year and a half to figure out how to adjust their own front end of a car in order not to wear out front tires in 3000 miles? just curious.

I'll trust engineers of planes over engineers of cars any day of the week my friend.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:12 PM
psantos

they do "dry run" the engines for a certain amt. of time... never the less, you might want to drive it conservatively for the first grand. i did the same thing and mine runs like a champ. although, it was very hard not to gun the car right out of the lot. and you never know who test drove it. i feel sorry for the person who purchased the car i test drove.