2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My poor Z got smashed tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 10:08 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My poor Z got smashed tonight...

My buddy and I had to go out and grab a few little extras for the 4th tomorrow so we just decided to spin down the block and get everything tonight. I pull up to the redlight and there's two cars in front of me. All of the sudden I hear tires squeal, look into my rearview and see a Grand Prix barrelling down on me--BAM!!! Knocked the sh*t out of us. I manage to move over into the middle turning lane, all the while my rear passenger tire is grinding and rubbing against what was once my rear quarterpanel. We hop out to survey the damage and see who it was. The whole rear passenger side is smashed in, and the Grand Prix is still sitting there RUNNING WITH NOBODY IN IT!!! Long story short, there were a bunch of witnesses since its a busy street and several people saw the guy just hop out, nonchalantly put down his CORONA BOTTLE, and stroll across the street and into the mall!!!! Luckily, this lady was so cool(she saw the whole thing go down) that she followed the guy into the mall and called the police until they picked him up. I owe her one. Turns out the guy is some young hispanic guy who speaks no English, has no license, denies having driven the car, denies ownership of the car and is **** drunk. I wanted to cave his face in. The car had temp tags and when the cop and I looked into the interior there was a six pack strewn about the floorboard.

So I have had this car only three months and this happens. I am so sick right now I just wanna puke. Luckily neither I nor my friend was hurt. My favorite thing in the world is just squashed like a coke can. I hope there is no structural damage to the rearend or chassis.

I wanna kill that dude right now.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:19 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Damn, that sucks.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:27 PM
ArthurKing

Hey man, glad you are ok, and do smash his face in
Old 07-04-2004, 12:00 AM
superstuddc27

damn... pics? if theres that much damage, id wish for some frame damage so i can total it. also is your insurance gonna cover it? cause seems to me he don't got any insurance.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:50 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

What is it with all of these Z's getting smashed??? There must have been 5 or 6 just THIS WEEK?
Old 07-04-2004, 06:59 AM
samw1978

I'm sure your insurance is gonna cover it? Thank god you guys are ok~
Old 07-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Rayden2001

That blows, well its time to get a new bodykit for your Z.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:34 AM
raidersfan

Dude, glad you and your friend are ok! GET A LAWYER - PRETEND YOU ARE INJURED - SUE THE **** OUT OF HIS INSURANCE CO. - GET A TWIN TURBO WITH ALL THE FIXINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Masterfulks

I hope there is some kind of insurance coverage on it.

I was hit after 2 weeks of ownership by an 18-wheeler!

The worst thing is that it took me 2 months to get it back on the road due to waiting for parts.

The hatch was damaged, and needed to be replaced, but Nissan has very poor shipping practices with it apparently. They sent 2 all the way from Japan, and both were damaged. I had to wait for the 3rd arrival to finally get a good one, but by then I had been calling Nissan and complaining, writing emails, etc...

Now that its fixed is runs perfectly. I'm sure yours will too.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:23 AM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Thanks for all the support fellas. My insurance should take care of everything. But the timing is bad. Today's a holiday Sunday and the Insurance branch will be closed tomorrow too. So there's two days where I just sit and stew about it. I'm hoping that my insurance will provide a rental for me. When my sister had her wreck they gave her a car in the meantime. It's hard to tell how much damage was done. I am gonna try to get over to the lot with my camera tomorrow and take some pics so I can have a record of the accident. I wish I could sue that little ***** but I am afraid that he doesn't have anything. He claims its not his car, there were temp tags, no insurance, blah blah blah. Why couldn't it have been some doctor in Benz....

Oh yeah. And that party that I am supposed to be at right now... I am at work
Old 07-04-2004, 11:53 AM
longbowe

Ouch! Sorry that you took a loss; and please press charges against this guy! Good thing you and your passenger are both okay; a life is one thing no money can replace.

As for the quarter panel, got pix? I messed mine up a couple weeks back going too fast on a windy uphill and not focusing 110% on the road, and my rear right quarter panel's busted, too. The auto body shop my insurance company wants me to work with wants $16,000; it would've been $10,500, but they forgot to count the airbags and everything associated with that (just the passenger side and curtain ... but that means also replacing the headliner, re-doing the seat, as well as assorted sensors and what not) in the first go-around. I'm carless for a month, basically, because my insurance guys, although giving me a $500 deductible, don't cover rentals. So believe me, I'm feeling for you.

Good luck, and give thanks you're here to post.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:00 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

I can't get over the fact that the other guys car had nearly no damage to the front end. His bumper was a little cracked and something was hanging out below it but thats it. 60% of the rear of my car is busted. I hope the hatch is not screwed up. Maybe its just cosmetic. Sorry to keep dwelling on it but I am stuck at work, its a ghosttown, no one has come in all day, my best friend and his girl are throwing the party without me and my Z is on some lot, undriveable.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:20 PM
DragonGcoupe

No car is the same after an accident. =(

Kill that beaner.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:06 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Originally posted by DragonGcoupe
No car is the same after an accident. =(

Kill that beaner.
The racial slur aside, I really wanted to. He was just standing there totally hammered looking around like he was at the circus or something. I wanted to grab him by the ankles and beat him against the ground like a sledgehammer.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:13 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That guy should be shot in the face and given no trial.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:08 PM
iron1mike_alpha

seems today isnt the day for the z. I had some guy from ohio merge into me today! So im out 500 for the deductible till i can get their insurance to pay me back!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:45 PM
jj1814

Originally posted by iron1mike_alpha
seems today isnt the day for the z. I had some guy from ohio merge into me today! So im out 500 for the deductible till i can get their insurance to pay me back!
Yeah folks up here cant drive. Seriously. I learned that my first 2 weeks here.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:02 PM
KrazY-2K

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Scumbag sh!tface polesmokers like that give us Hispanics a bad name (yes I am one). If I were there I woulda tackled that POS and leveled his face out even with the pavement.

As for the beaner comment, that is just plain racist
Are you really this ignorant?
Old 07-04-2004, 08:30 PM
DragonGcoupe

Originally posted by KrazY-2K
Scumbag sh!tface polesmokers like that give us H
You said it buddy. There must be many of these out there to get the bad name around huh?
Old 07-04-2004, 11:58 PM
levar

Really sorry to hear that man... I can sympathize... glad you're okay. I would give that witness a letter of thanks

Make sure you take it to a good body shop. The last time I took my car to my dealer's bodyshop for repairs (reckless break-n-enter theft attempt) there was paint overspray all over my door... took 3 visits to correct everthing

Good luck man, hope everything gets fixed.

Quick Reply: My poor Z got smashed tonight...