Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Tracking down the right Z for a purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 11:54 AM
sprmario

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking down the right Z for a purchase?

Well, I am very very very close to being ready to buy. On friday i'll have the $6,000 I want to put down and its just a matter of finding a Z that I like and am happy with. The snag is that I am pretty particular with what I want and I have been monitoring the nissanusa website and the dealer inventories show that I am **** out of luck within 75 miles.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows how often dealers get new cars in and/or do dealers know what cars they are expecting to come in and when? Are the website inventories pretty accurate? Just wanted to see if anyone had any similar situation Z hunting. Thanks.

I might just try and order a 2005, but my current car is pretty much dying so I don't know if I want to wait 3 months for that.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:51 PM
bigfatjeffk

I was in a VERY similar situation last week. I really wanted a PPW 2004 Enthusiast with few to no options. There were none in a 100+ mile radius according to Nissan's website. My dealership (Liberty Auto Plaza) was able to track down the exact car I was looking for (I live in Chicago and the car was in Dayton, OH). They had it flat-bedded overnight for next-day delivery. Now THAT's great service!
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Spider883

I was in the same pickle 2 weeks ago when i went to go get my Z. I wanted a Daytona Blue Base 6speed with floor mats and splash gaurds as the only options.. they had that exact car but it was down in Miami. So flatbedded to me the next day.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:13 PM
sprmario

Going to head to a dealer and see what they can do. Thanks much.

Originally posted by Spider883
I was in the same pickle 2 weeks ago when i went to go get my Z. I wanted a Daytona Blue Base 6speed with floor mats and splash gaurds as the only options.. they had that exact car but it was down in Miami. So flatbedded to me the next day.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:12 PM
drdisco

Originally posted by bigfatjeffk
I was in a VERY similar situation last week. I really wanted a PPW 2004 Enthusiast with few to no options. There were none in a 100+ mile radius according to Nissan's website. My dealership (Liberty Auto Plaza) was able to track down the exact car I was looking for (I live in Chicago and the car was in Dayton, OH). They had it flat-bedded overnight for next-day delivery. Now THAT's great service!
I had a couple of dealers offer to have the car I want shipped from another dealership in another state, but they wanted me to cover the cost of shipping at something like $1/mile. Did the dealer you worked with pay for the shipping or did you have to cover it?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:32 PM
dkny_boi

I know how you feel, I didn't want to wait a few months either and the only dealership that had the exact model I wanted in stock was a 7hr drive away, so that's where I went to get it, and made a vacation out of it
I also found, that since the local dealership had to order them in, they simply weren't willing to budge on price (he actually wanted $500cdn OVER retail, w/ a promise of "maybe able to get it for $1000 less" for me). My local dealership fed me a whole load of bs about there being absolutely no '04 Z coupes on the ground in canada (even though anyone can just go on nissan's website to find the dealership's inventory, and the listings are very acurate/up-to-date), so I was happy to buy from another dealership anyways.
But the local dealership was willing to ship in a roadster for me (that's what he was trying to get me into), but the catch was I'd have to wait a week or two for it. At least he was willing to ship it in though so you should try asking your dealership too.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:05 PM
bigfatjeffk

Originally posted by drdisco
Did the dealer you worked with pay for the shipping or did you have to cover it?
Actually, I split the shipping with them ($400 total / so I paid $200). I wasn't too upset, since I got the car for $500 over invoice.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:17 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep extending your search by starting in different cities. I finally found my Brick at a dealer 300 miles away. Paid extra $250 to have it delivered.

Perfect solution for me.