Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

terrable subaru ad!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:08 PM
UsafaRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say, let it beat the Z in 0-60. Race 0-60 100 or 200 times. The Z will have to get new tires. The Forester will need a new transmission, clutch, transfer case, etc.

(I had a turbo AWD Talon.) Or ask an Evo VIII driver about the stock clutch.

AWD launches are ridiculous, especially in the low end like 0-60. However, the RWD cars takes the beating to an easily replaceable (sp?) item like the tires. The AWD car doesn't.

Oh, and as a little bit of intrigue, someone got a 0-60 of 5.3 on a Z. A nobody in the car magazine world too.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/nissa...rformance.html

Suck it scooby. Suck it long, and suck it hard.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:54 AM
phile

bahahah, nice!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:26 AM
wrx_aruba

Originally Posted by UsafaRice
I say, let it beat the Z in 0-60. Race 0-60 100 or 200 times. The Z will have to get new tires. The Forester will need a new transmission, clutch, transfer case, etc.

(I had a turbo AWD Talon.) Or ask an Evo VIII driver about the stock clutch.

AWD launches are ridiculous, especially in the low end like 0-60. However, the RWD cars takes the beating to an easily replaceable (sp?) item like the tires. The AWD car doesn't.

Oh, and as a little bit of intrigue, someone got a 0-60 of 5.3 on a Z. A nobody in the car magazine world too.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/nissa...rformance.html

Suck it scooby. Suck it long, and suck it hard.

Just accept it,

Your 350z will get smoked by a ForesterXT in a 1/4 mile...

Why dont you setup a race @ your local drag strip between a stock 350z and a stock ForesterXT? so that you can see with your own eyes how a soccermom beats the all mighty Z...

Last edited by wrx_aruba; 04-28-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It returns yet again...
Old 04-28-2006, 06:43 AM
jrod1014

Some people believe the ads are chops... Why?

Forrester vs. Z? These cars couldn't be any more different if you tried...
and STI vs. Golf GTI, again, not in the same class...

Here is the GTI ad:

If these are real advertisements, I think the man behind them should be fired for comparing apples to oranges...
Old 04-28-2006, 06:46 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

^Your ad indirectly takes a shot at the Gti. The ad in question directly singles out the 350z.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:52 AM
jrod1014

Originally Posted by Armitage
^Your ad indirectly takes a shot at the Gti. The ad in question directly singles out the 350z.
How so? the "Fast" character is synonymous with the GTI... I think it's a direct stab at not only the car, but the company...
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jrod1014
How so? the "Fast" character is synonymous with the GTI... I think it's a direct stab at not only the car, but the company...
But it doesn't name the Gti or Volkswagon, does it?
Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 AM
jrod1014

Originally Posted by Armitage
But it doesn't name the Gti or Volkswagon, does it?
you're right... but... the name of the car is just an association away... I'll agree it doesn't DIRECTLY name the car, but if you know what the fast character is then you'll know its a direct stab at the GTI 2.0T
Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
SnoDog

Sometimes I don't understand why so many 350Z owners, S2000 owners, etc. get so upset by seeing these Subarus that are fast. Of course they are fast, that's pretty much the only thing they were designed to do: go fast. But do you guys realize what we are driving, compared to what they are driving? We drive sports cars. We are in a completely different class then they are. In my opinion, Subarus are nothing more than an econobox that has been factory tuned to go extremely fast, and that's it. You guys are comparing those things to a Z? Just because they are as fast or even faster doesn't really say much. Anybody can buy some cheap old car and make it blow the doors off those Subarus for far less money than the price of their car. Remember, similar 0-60 and lap times doesn't put cars in the same class. They just mean they have similar 0-60 and lap times. A Subaru can "smoke" me like I was standing still. But I've seen Honda Civics that can do that too. Would any of you guys get all pissy over that Civic, and suddenly think their car is better? A Subaru will always be a Subaru.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SnoDog
Sometimes I don't understand why so many 350Z owners, S2000 owners, etc. get so upset by seeing these Subarus that are fast. Of course they are fast, that's pretty much the only thing they were designed to do: go fast. But do you guys realize what we are driving, compared to what they are driving? We drive sports cars. We are in a completely different class then they are. In my opinion, Subarus are nothing more than an econobox that has been factory tuned to go extremely fast, and that's it. You guys are comparing those things to a Z? Just because they are as fast or even faster doesn't really say much. Anybody can buy some cheap old car and make it blow the doors off those Subarus for far less money than the price of their car. Remember, similar 0-60 and lap times doesn't put cars in the same class. They just mean they have similar 0-60 and lap times. A Subaru can "smoke" me like I was standing still. But I've seen Honda Civics that can do that too. Would any of you guys get all pissy over that Civic, and suddenly think their car is better? A Subaru will always be a Subaru.
i think all that needed to be said is that our cars look better.....in a materialistic society, we win.........
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 AM
zugbug

wtfc and bfd. driving my Z yesterday on I-5 and Lexus pulls up next to me and gives me the thumbs up. gotta love the Z.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:01 AM
BRZ3303

Originally Posted by soupnazi1
I think the ad is okay.

Ummmmm...... photoshop........
Old 04-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

A good one at that... LOL.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:21 PM
BlueDevilFXT

Hey guys.
I linked over via subaruforester.com to this thread. I'm not here to stir the pot, I'm just here to state some facts. First of all, the 0-60 time and 13.8 1/4 mile times are pretty much the fastest bone stock times in each respective category we have seen on a 5 speed. These times are also for the 04/05 XT and the 06 XT is SAID to be a little slower. While these times can be acheived with a hard launch, most of us are closer to mid-high 5 second 0-60's and low 14's to 14 flat in the 1/4 bone stock. The XT 5 speed dynoes just about 190whp bone stock, so they are closer to 240hp. The 5 speed cars also have a final drive ratio of 4.44:1, so that really helps the XT out as well. With a simple Impreza STi takeoff turbo swap and tuning, these cars will go low 13's in the 1/4. They can easily be made quicker from there. These cars will also accept almost all Impreza STi suspension parts, so they can be made to handle just as well as an STi can.
We XT guys are car guys, just like you. We are just as into performance as you guys are. We have real autocrossers, drag racers, off roaders and rally racers among our ranks. We feel our cars have the best of both worlds, performance and versatility. We mostly didn't buy out XT's for their looks, but we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Most of us appreciate the sleeper factor our cars give us. We didn't buy our cars so we could have a sports car, we wanted something that is fun to drive and can haul the groceries/kids/whatever.
My point is it's different strokes for different folks. While the 350 and the XT are 2 vastly different cars that just happen to share similar performance numbers, they both have their benefits. So, I invite you guys to come and check out our board and learn more about our cars if you so choose. I use the same screen name and email there I used here, so I have nothing to hide and would be more than happy to field any relevant questions you may have to the best of my knowledge.

After all, we're all car guys. Let's just enjoy what we drive.

Last edited by BlueDevilFXT; 05-08-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:31 PM
1nate7

Well said. Too bad some Subaru fanboi bumped a 2 year old thread in post 63 just to start a new flame war.
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFXT
Hey guys.
I linked over via subaruforester.com to this thread. I'm not here to stir the pot, I'm just here to state some facts. First of all, the 0-60 time and 13.8 1/4 mile times are pretty much the fastest bone stock times in each respective category we have seen on a 5 speed. These times are also for the 04/05 XT and the 06 XT is SAID to be a little slower. While these times can be acheived with a hard launch, most of us are closer to mid-high 5 second 0-60's and low 14's to 14 flat in the 1/4 bone stock. The XT 5 speed dynoes just about 190whp bone stock, so they are closer to 240hp. With a simple Impreza STi takeoff turbo swap and tuning, these cars will go low 13's in the 1/4. They can easily be made quicker from there. These cars will also accept almost all Impreza STi suspension parts, so they can be made to handle just as well as an STi can.
We XT guys are car guys, just like you. We are just as into performance as you guys are. We have real autocrossers, drag racers, off roaders and rally racers among our ranks. We feel our cars have the best of both worlds, performance and versatility. We mostly didn't buy out XT's for their looks, but we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Most of us appreciate the sleeper factor our cars give us. We didn't buy our cars so we could have a sports car, we wanted something that is fun to drive and can haul the groceries/kids/whatever.
My point is it's different strokes for different folks. While the 350 and the XT are 2 vastly different cars that just happen to share similar performance numbers, they both have their benefits. So, I invite you guys to come and check out our board and learn more about our cars if you so choose. I use the same screen name and email there I used here, so I have nothing to hide and would be more than happy to field any relevant questions you may have to the best of my knowledge.

After all, we're all car guys. Let's just enjoy what we drive.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:31 PM
deviantZ

Originally Posted by autois4pussies
u can see why its my favorite
I <3 your handle.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:37 PM
BlueDevilFXT

It wasn't my intention to dig this thread up again, I just wanted to let everybody know what we're about. I'm also a member of the Bel Air (Maryland) Subaru and Nissan board, so there is hope for us yet, lol.

http://subaru.meetup.com/60/boards/

Last edited by BlueDevilFXT; 05-08-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:41 PM
doskiez

IDK it could be the all-wheel drive factor... or that its an ad from subaru.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
BlueDevilFXT

It's pretty easy to get a 1.7 or 1.8 60 foot in a stock XT, so the AWD REALLY helps, lol. The stock XT turbo is a TD04, basically the same turbo that was used on the old DSM's and the WRX. It spools very quickly, but it does run out of steam up top. Getting out in front is typically not a problem, but staying there is where the challenge lies.

Quick Reply: terrable subaru ad!