2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How many 17 year olds own a 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 12:54 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by goodstuff86
i might be able to get over there if u dont hate on the young punk
'Sup man!!! I don't hate on any young guys (or girls) that have a lick of humility and a little common sense. Troy (Pusha_Z) is a young guy and I have nothing but good things to say about him. And hey, I'm not THAT old myself (I just turned 32). You should come out. Maybe we can get enough folks together to actually get something regular going around here!
Old 07-31-2004, 06:22 PM
AzNPhAtWeAr87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 16 and own a G35 Coupe!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:02 PM
goodstuff86

i dunno itd be cooler if u all came down to glen burnie theres always tons of cars at night me n kbomb are locals ive chilled with him twice now maybe if hed wanna roll up there id follow him but im not much of a navigator i got the performance model so no computer to tell me where lol
Old 07-31-2004, 11:07 PM
350zprincess

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many 17 year olds own a 350z?

Originally posted by pj550v12
Didn't you admit in your "some one crashed my Z while I was playing with a puppy" thread, that your dad bought you all of them????
under dads name.. and daddy paying for it is 2 different things
Old 08-01-2004, 12:14 PM
funkdamonkman

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
so do you run a business or own it? i believe you have to be 18 to "own" a business. also its not just your car your parents HAVE to cosign since your a minor.

i dont see why you emphasize that your 17 so much, whoop de freakin doo, what do you have to prove

Ok Mr. Technical, lets break it down. I provide a service. I make money. I do not work for anyone, I am self-employed at the age of 17. I bulid computers, fix computers, and design websites for doctors and other companies.

Of course my parents cosigned for the car. In fact.. it is completely in my dad's name. Technically he makes the payments too. It comes out of his check every month. Lets not forget though, that I repay him, and ATM i am 3 months ahead.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:23 PM
jonathana71

I'm 18. I'm an in-store technician at bestbuy, a computer consultant for a home theatre company, and i do web design on contract.

Did I pay for my car? No. This is my third car. I started out with a 3000GT that was 7500, moved on to a 99 M3, then recently got this car for college.

Do I not deserve this car? I took all AP classes throughout high school, have a full ride to a top-tier school, and still manage to keep an income higher than the poverty line just off part time jobs. Are my parents bad for buying me this car? Is it their fault they came from nothin to something cause they worked hard, and they just want to do something to make their son happy because it's not a financial burden whatsoever?

I'm on top of my **** and I drive this car because I can. Even if I was not lucky enough to have my parents, I still would have the ability to pay for this car myself. Would I? Probably not, I'd be investing the money or paying my way through college because a better life is better than driving a nice car while I'm a teenager. I just hope all the kids on here appreciate what they have and are working hard to go somewhere with their lives, not just sittin around and doing stupid ****.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:40 PM
ChromeSilva350

Originally posted by jonathana71
I'm 18. I'm an in-store technician at bestbuy, a computer consultant for a home theatre company, and i do web design on contract.

Did I pay for my car? No. This is my third car. I started out with a 3000GT that was 7500, moved on to a 99 M3, then recently got this car for college.

Do I not deserve this car? I took all AP classes throughout high school, have a full ride to a top-tier school, and still manage to keep an income higher than the poverty line just off part time jobs. Are my parents bad for buying me this car? Is it their fault they came from nothin to something cause they worked hard, and they just want to do something to make their son happy because it's not a financial burden whatsoever?

I'm on top of my **** and I drive this car because I can. Even if I was not lucky enough to have my parents, I still would have the ability to pay for this car myself. Would I? Probably not, I'd be investing the money or paying my way through college because a better life is better than driving a nice car while I'm a teenager. I just hope all the kids on here appreciate what they have and are working hard to go somewhere with their lives, not just sittin around and doing stupid ****.
Work is hard. All of you guys probably have a better job then me, but i enjoy who I work with and im satisfied with the money i get as my first job.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:46 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by Bass4life04
I was 17 when i got my Z 5 monthes ago, had the nicest car at my HS if you overlook the G a friend of mine got for her 18th birthday. The deal was that if I pulled off a full ride to college i had my tuition money from my parents to buy a new car with, so Im not comepletly spoiled cus its freakin hard to get a full ride to a state school when your an upper/middle class white straight male.
my parents made that agreement with me, but i got no scholarships soemthing about my GPA being terribly low.

anyways, the kids have automatics because their parents want to drive the cars too, thats what you get when someone pays for your car.(the trick is to get a car only available in manual like an s2k) of course my dad bought me my car in highschool so i guess im one of the brats.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:58 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

that car was not the z or g35 btw
Old 02-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Destiny350Z

I got my 350Z when I was 16...I'm 18 now
Old 02-20-2005, 12:09 PM
zmespeed

got mine when i was 18 now 19
Old 02-20-2005, 02:40 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iam 16 and parents bought me a 05 Z. <3
Old 02-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Mantis3024

Originally posted by goodstuff86
i dunno itd be cooler if u all came down to glen burnie theres always tons of cars at night me n kbomb are locals ive chilled with him twice now maybe if hed wanna roll up there id follow him but im not much of a navigator i got the performance model so no computer to tell me where lol
Do you have the silver Z? I was strolling through McDonalds few weeks ago on Ritchie Highway in my DBZ and saw it parked in the lot
Old 02-23-2005, 07:35 PM
73daytona

Default Confused

I really don't understand threads like this. First of all, why put down the guy for being 17 and owning the car. If he really does, than obviously he is making sacrifices in other areas so he can have a nice ride. If he doesn't own the car, then why bother with it at all. I am 19, but when I was 18 I bought my current ride, a 2004 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Duramax Diesel. That's $40K. I am planning on getting a Z or a ZR by next spring, which is why I've been lurking around here. The point is, it is not uncommon for young people to have nice things these days. I work for a nutritional supplement company and work with large colleges across the country replacing Gatorade/Powerade with our sports drink. It is fun work and pays well. I am sure the other young adults on here that are paying for rides in similar ways.

On the other hand, what's the point of starting a thread just so that you can say your young and have a Z. Get off the computer, and spend the time hanging out with the boys or chasing girls down at the beach/ski hill/river/drive-in. That's the point of having a hot ride in the first place.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Risk

thread=*sigh*
Old 02-24-2005, 10:17 AM
The Liu Man

655 a month for payments.. and the guy makes 700-800 a month? Dude, that sucks. No spending money. Don't even consider getting a girlfriend!

I'm glad the poster is 17 and has a Z but seriously... if you are only making 50-150 dollars more a month than the monthly payment of a car... Jesus... wtf??

And to think you're stuck with that payment for 5 years..... think about THAT for awhile.

I'm 22 and I work a great job so I can pay for my roadster. There's a formula saying that the max car payment a month shouldn't be more than 1/5th of what you make a month or else you'll be feeling the financial pressures...
Old 02-24-2005, 11:23 AM
smellslikecurry

im 18...rents pay for insurance and 5g down payment...i pay 575 a month working at Hess...its an easy *** job where i get to study for pharmacy school...i just sit there and press buttons to turn on the pump...never really get off my ***...i love my z and working for it makes me appreciate it more...it just sucks not being able to gets mods right now
Old 02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
pay

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many 17 year olds own a 350z?

Originally posted by ChromeSilva350
Except you don't know me and I've been saving since I've started working. Like I said I paid for HALF of my down payment. If you really don't think that I'm paying for my car, guess what? I don't care. Do you know why? Because I'm the one that's living my life not you and I know what I'm doing.
i know this wasn't aimed towards me but i feel like i shoudl say something... you gave off the vibe that you are paying EVERYTHING yourself and then all of a sudden, the truth comes out you only paid half the down payment parents are paying insurance blah blah blah 200 a week probably will NOT cover the car for all off the other crap youre gonna have to pay for.

i myself am buying a 350z.. but i truely am paying for it myself.. im a salesman i make 500-700 a week after taxes... i am making 100% of the down payment, im paying for insurance, im making the payment, im paying for gas and my dad is NOT co signing.. so yeah im done
Old 02-24-2005, 12:39 PM
FluxedSpeed

Well I know Im probably gonna get flamed for this, but oh well. Im 17, about to get an 04 or 05 Z. I'm not paying for a single cent on the car. Not one. My parents are buying the car for me for a graduation present. Im very thankful for this and I really love being in a family that is pretty well off. I make ok grades, so I guess I really don't deserve the car, but I am thankful nonetheless.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:32 PM
lilkrnthugboi

i'm 17 and own a 350z

Quick Reply: How many 17 year olds own a 350z?