Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Though I got arrested!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 07:21 AM
Z PHAT Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Though I got arrested!

I live in Buffalo NY, which is 15 minutes away from Canada border. Yesterday, I decided to take my Z over the border to hit the mas speed. This is because I don't care if I get a ticket in Canada. It won't be on my record. When I got to the custom, the inspector asked me all these questions and won't let me go. He ask me to pull over for further inspection. To make the story short, at first only 1 inspector comes out to inspect my Z, he was like WOW! then asked me all kind of questions about the Z specs. Then open up the hood, let him sit inside of the car. After he's done, there were like 5 other guys come out and they wouldn't let me go. They were like " Nice car EH! " Not to meant any hard feeling to Canadian guys on here, but it was funny how all of them using that "EH!" Anyway, each of them take turn to look at the engine bay and sit in the car. It was funny cuze other people thought i was in big trouble or something to have about 7 inspectors checking out my Z. HAHAHHAHAHAHAH! I was smiling and feeling good! Just wanted to share with you guys!
Old 10-18-2002, 07:49 AM
BrainStorm

Default Re: Though I got arrested!

Originally posted by Z PHAT Z
I live in Buffalo NY, which is 15 minutes away from Canada border. Yesterday, I decided to take my Z over the border to hit the max speed. This is because I don't care if I get a ticket in Canada.
We've got another live one, folks! Looks like somebody's ready to serve up another totalled Z. To say you wanted to hit max speed and that you don't care if you get a ticket is foolish. Has having such a nice car made you over-confident and clouded your good judgement?
Old 10-18-2002, 07:54 AM
Sabre

Hey Z PHAT Z, I used to live in E. Amherst for about 6 years, but that was about 12 years ago. I occasionally still go up to visit some friends. Are you going to drive the Z in the winter there?
Old 10-18-2002, 07:57 AM
vanstorm16

You gotta love that Canadian hospitality eh?

The "eh"'s supposed to be subtle!
Old 10-18-2002, 08:05 AM
nizl

Default Re: Re: Though I got arrested!

Originally posted by BrainStorm
We've got another live one, folks! Looks like somebody's ready to serve up another totalled Z. To say you wanted to hit max speed and that you don't care if you get a ticket is foolish.
Actually, I think that's a tricky idea, and a good use of borders. Heck, if he wants to go 95 even, that's wreckless driving in CA and you have a chance of getting thrown in jail and having your car impounded. Even if you're in the middle of nowhere.

My problem is, the only border I have nearby is Mexico, and I don't think taking my Z to Mexico will achieve the desired results.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:31 AM
digerydingo

Hey dude, don't try that stuff up here in Vancouver, Canada. Due to plenty of deaths with street racing and excessive speeding local gov have changed our speeding/racing laws. I think we had the highest fatalities due to stree racing and excessive speeding across Canada.

- 20kph (12mph) over the speed limit is now excessive speeding, 60kph (37mph) over and they have the right to impoud your car and consider criminal charges.

- If they have reason to beleive you might be street racing they have the right to hold you in jail and impound your car.

- If two cars are racing and one crashes and the other flees the scene they have the right to charge the driver that left.

- If two cars are racing and one crashes and kills someone else or themselves, they can now charge the other driver that flees with involuntary manslaughter.

Our most recent incident had a kid in an SIR run a red light and slam into and kill instantly an RCMP officer who was on his way to an unrelated call. The RCMP didn't have his lights on but then he wasn't speeding and had the green light to go. The kid and was fine and he jumped out and into his friends car that backed up and picked him up and they took off. They're both sitting in jail now. If your going to do it, don't do it here.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:05 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

Speaking of tickets:Give a guy a break!
I went to the store the other day, I was only in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a @#$%&% cop writing a parking ticket.

So I went up to him and said, "Come on buddy, how about giving a guy a break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. So I called him a pencil necked ****. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having bald tires!!

So I called him a sheep abusing, horse humping Bozo. He finished the second ticket and put it on the car with the first.

Then he started writing a third ticket!!

This went on for about 20 minutes; the more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. I really didn't give a crap but you should have seen his face when I crossed the street, got into my car & drove away.....
Old 10-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BILL T
Speaking of tickets:Give a guy a break!
I went to the store the other day, I was only in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a @#$%&% cop writing a parking ticket.

So I went up to him and said, "Come on buddy, how about giving a guy a break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. So I called him a pencil necked ****. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having bald tires!!

So I called him a sheep abusing, horse humping Bozo. He finished the second ticket and put it on the car with the first.

Then he started writing a third ticket!!

This went on for about 20 minutes; the more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. I really didn't give a crap but you should have seen his face when I crossed the street, got into my car & drove away.....
Classic! That's a good one...
Old 10-18-2002, 09:43 AM
z461

Default Re: Though I got arrested!

Originally posted by Z PHAT Z
I live in Buffalo NY, which is 15 minutes away from Canada border. Yesterday, I decided to take my Z over the border to hit the mas speed. This is because I don't care if I get a ticket in Canada. It won't be on my record. When I got to the custom, the inspector asked me all these questions and won't let me go. He ask me to pull over for further inspection. To make the story short, at first only 1 inspector comes out to inspect my Z, he was like WOW! then asked me all kind of questions about the Z specs. Then open up the hood, let him sit inside of the car. After he's done, there were like 5 other guys come out and they wouldn't let me go. They were like " Nice car EH! " Not to meant any hard feeling to Canadian guys on here, but it was funny how all of them using that "EH!" Anyway, each of them take turn to look at the engine bay and sit in the car. It was funny cuze other people thought i was in big trouble or something to have about 7 inspectors checking out my Z. HAHAHHAHAHAHAH! I was smiling and feeling good! Just wanted to share with you guys!
And you all thought that 350Z ad w/ the police that said "Be Careful out there" was just a joke...
Old 10-18-2002, 09:45 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

I'm glad you got it Z girl...apparently someone else didn't
Old 10-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Z PHAT Z

Guys!
I know it's dangerous, but that's the reason i'm going over the border. On QEW highway, there is a very long straight road that is safe to do it. I'm not a racer or a crazy dude. I did it only where traffic is really slow. The reason i said i don't care if i got a ticket is that it won't be on my record and i don't have to pay it.

I just love the Z and its power, so i just wanna feel how it is at the max speed on the straight road. That's all folks.

Sabre:
There is no way on earth that I can drive my Z during the winter in Buffalo. Too much snow
Old 10-18-2002, 11:26 AM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by That new guy
So now you have to pay what, $300 ? Don't insult police they will always bite you back...
Well I hope you feel good about yourself
I think you missed the funny point... that wasn't his car!
Old 10-18-2002, 12:16 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by BILL T
I'm glad you got it Z girl...apparently someone else didn't

Is that really a true story? What was the expression on his face when you went to your car??

yea and that type of policeman dont belong behind a badge.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:34 PM
Jason

I hope you're willing to make a trip back up to Canada when you need to go to court or get your car out of impound.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:14 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Yeah, great one BILL T.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:23 PM
zPilott

Originally posted by barnicleboy
Is that really a true story? What was the expression on his face when you went to your car??

yea and that type of policeman dont belong behind a badge.
its an old joke, and I think that they printed it in Maxim a couple months ago.