Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Performance Nissan headlight Overlays fit like A$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 05:56 PM
SandMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am actually happy that Performance Nissan is helping us with this situation. I am not bashing them, I just did not expect the overlays to fit the way they did. I wish I kept the backing to resend them back, to help them fix the problem. These overlays are made with awesome material, these things can be put on and taken off if bubbles form. And you can do that like a hundred times. And applying them dry should be the only way to do it. If these were just a little big bigger they would be flawless.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:28 PM
KrazY-2K

Jason, I love the material that your overlays are made of. Since I don't have the backing, would it be possible for me to get another set of the better fitting peices if I send you my current film when the new peices get cut and show up over there? My overlays also fit a little short at the bottom. TIA.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:19 PM
lovetoclown

Performance sells them, they do not make them. People didn't like the product is some way, but who said the didn't like Performance, or wouldn't do buiseness with them again?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:04 PM
pimp1911

Here are my performance rear overlays. Put them on dry to ensure that they would go on correctly. Also I had someone help me align them. Excellent fit. Thanks Jason.

Here is a pic with camera flash on.

Here is a pic with camera flash off.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:24 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!! Just tuned into the thread here! I double checked and Jason IS all over this. I'm sorry I've been so hard to get a hold of this past few months... but I've been working hard with our race team this season (here comes the shameless plug) http://www.performancenissanracing.com/ I will be back with you daily after our last race in October... I do check my PM's but have to forward most of them to Jason for the time being.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:08 AM
SandMan

Originally posted by pimp1911
Here are my performance rear overlays. Put them on dry to ensure that they would go on correctly. Also I had someone help me align them. Excellent fit. Thanks Jason.

Here is a pic with camera flash on.

Here is a pic with camera flash off.
Nice pics, Do you have any pics with the hatch up? Your overlays look smooth in the pics, do you have any orange peel looking bumpiness? I got lots o the orange peel looking things. Also my rearing lights aren't cut as well as yours. You seem to have gotten a flawless set. I guess it's just trial and error in the beginning until the manufacturers can pump these things out without flaw.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PIMP your car is lookin HOT i am Jelous!

These really do need to go on dry, the people who have had problems I guess have been doing them wet...
Old 08-19-2004, 09:36 AM
SandMan

Originally posted by Jason@Performance

These really do need to go on dry, the people who have had problems I guess have been doing them wet...

I put them on dry, but certain angles/distances you can see orange peel. I don't know why, I followed the directions and used the dry method. The orange peel is on all the overlays. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:34 AM
KrazY-2K

I did mine wet... they came out fine with the exception of bubbles that went away after a few days anyways. Only problem is on both of the headlights the overlays come up short about half an inch on the bottom.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:53 AM
SandMan

Any word on overlays?
Old 08-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

They were dropped off last night, and I had a chance to check out the pattern today... now there is over lap so they will not be short...

I will be shipping to people who have notified me of fittment problems...
Old 08-27-2004, 11:04 AM
SandMan

Wow good to hear. Thanks alot Jason, definately good customer service.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Dissolved

Default UPDATE

Does it or does it not say to use a mix of soap and water in the INSTRUCTIONS.

I removed the overlays yesterday and trashed them. For anyone that has done this:
did you notice any marks on your stock headlight covers afterwords? I see these little tiny horizontal "slits" in my covers now. You can see them from certain angles but they definitely werent there before the overlays were put on. Yes I followed the instructions to a T and used the supplied squeege.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:50 AM
lovetoclown

I put mine on a couple days ago and they look fine. I put them on dry and did not need the squeege.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:21 AM
PainProphet

Originally posted by synth19
why dont ppl try to resolve this **** before spamming the board? Sounds like Performance Nissan wants to work out this situation... if they didnt, then I can understand a thread bashing them. This reminds me of that retard that posted his bumper problem on every freakin 350z forum even though it was an honest mistake and the bumper was going to be replaced for free.
Sometimes you have to post stuff like this to get any response. I don't think that is the case with Performance Nissan. I think I am going to have to make that kind of post about StrictlyZ because of their customer service, or lack there of, and their horrid shipment. I've talked to Kyle, who I believe is the owner, he said he would call me back that day.... That was Friday....
Old 09-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by PainProphet
Sometimes you have to post stuff like this to get any response. I don't think that is the case with Performance Nissan. I think I am going to have to make that kind of post about StrictlyZ because of their customer service, or lack there of, and their horrid shipment. I've talked to Kyle, who I believe is the owner, he said he would call me back that day.... That was Friday....
Exactly. Just trying to get the word out that this product is not all its cracked up to be. Just kind of pissed I paid $60 for something I believed to be good fitting/high quality. When they were displaying these overlays in the forum for the first time, they had a lot of prototypes. I remember people kept asking "that doesnt look like it fits completely over all of the headlight/taillight, will the real version fit right?" Their answer was something like "yes, these are just prototypes." I'll post link if I can find it.

Although my fit wasnt as bad as the prototype fit, it was BAD. Not only that, the "optic blue" color is really more of a purple once it is put on.

Jerry Springer conclusion: Although the 350z is a beautiful car, sometimes it is best left alone. Things like headlight overlays and taillight overlays are meant to be subtle ways to improve the appearance, but sometimes, the beauty is already there. I also truly believe our friend synth19 will live peacefully now that he has come out of the closet with his fetish about men and shampoo
Old 09-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

things do not need to be posted for us to take action... i was going back and forth in emails with everyone who has posted in this thread before this thread even started...

dissolved, did you pm me / email me about yours? im sorry i cant keep track of peoples my350z screen name / our web site os commers customer numbers and email address's...

and yes, when I first posted about this they were prototype cut outs, which have been revised 4 times now (3 times since we sent out the first ones) and after applying them all... the ones we have now are a perfect fit IMHO...
Old 09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
SandMan

Thank you for getting things done Jason. I have no doubt your customer service is one of the best. Awesome service is hard to find, that is why I will be a returning customer. Thanks for the Nismo Flywheel and Clutch package (I wanted something streetable). Had no problems great price great service, nicely packaged. Will be installing these tomorrow when I get my new tranny put in. Damn the second gear grind.