Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 01:45 PM
rouxeny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show

I just got back from the Z show at Bob Sharp. Myself and vicmar90 met up somewhere off the 91, then we made it to a TA truck stop off Route 84. Within minutes, two Z32's showed up and then a 280 and a 240, then more Z32's. We were a caravan of 11 and we made it to Bob Sharp by about 10.

When we arrived, there were TONS of cars. Over 15 240Z's, almost 20 Z32's, a few Z31's. The finally tally of Z33's was 9. Included were myself: rouxeny (CS touring), vicmar90 (CS touring), DmitryZ (SS touring), Zforever (CS track), NSANY (SS), ethan84ae (CS performance), 2 more CS (owners unknown) and a Black track owned by the dealer. There was also a CS touring in the showroom which I guess theoretically makes 10. A story spread rapidly that ZGiRL and her roommate were on the way with a DB track. This, very unfortunately, proved to be a rumor. Needless to say, we again proved that CS is far and away the most popular color.

vicmar90 and I left at about 2 and we made it to the maxima.org meeting. Needless to say, a large crowd gathered.

Here's a teaser pic. The rest will be in my gallery.

I got Bob Sharp to sign my "Lust to Love" book! He's a nice guy, and full of interesting stories. The dealership, no longer owned by him, is excellent. Met the owner, friendly guy.

gallery
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show-img_1216small.jpg  

Last edited by rouxeny; 10-20-2002 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:49 PM
rouxeny

There were some insanely modified 300ZX's there, one which stood out, had a Stillen body kit, a total of 3 video screens, a custom interior, an excellent sound system, and a 50 shot of NOS.

Very nice.
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show-img_1200small.jpg  
Old 10-20-2002, 01:51 PM
rouxeny

Here's one of the originals.

I was amazed that the 240Z's, born in 1971, had cleaner engine compartments than mine.
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show-img_1182small.jpg  
Old 10-20-2002, 01:53 PM
rouxeny

I have another 2 rolls of Kodak Gold, which I'll have up sometime mid this week.

Here are some members.

From left to right....

ethan84ae, Zforever, DmitryZ
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show-img_1209small.jpg  
Old 10-20-2002, 01:55 PM
rouxeny

Final pic...vicmar90 cleaning my wheels for me. He couldn't take how dirty they were.

Next time, I think I'll leave the whole car dirty and see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show-img_1190small.jpg  
Old 10-20-2002, 01:57 PM
rouxeny

Okay, really the last one.

What do you think about this flame job?
Like the Z3 fenders?
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show-img_1193small.jpg  
Old 10-20-2002, 02:00 PM
I want a 350Z

Originally posted by rouxeny
Okay, really the last one.

What do you think about this flame job?
Like the Z3 fenders?
Please tell me that was a photoshop...I would have to smash that car if i ever saw it...
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2002, 03:35 PM
vicmar90

To all the guys I met at the Bob Sharp show, it was a pleasure to meet all of you and I am looking forward to more gatherings in the future.

Regarding the flame job on the 350Z, those were some type of magnetic stickers that could be taken off. Personally, not my taste but I guess to each its own.

Andrew, look forward to seeing all the pics.
Victor
Old 10-20-2002, 04:05 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

For the record- the 350Z w/ the flames & Z3 fender decals belong to Gagetman...!!!

What a great day!

I'm uploading my pics now- took a bunch...!!!!

Ethan
Old 10-20-2002, 04:07 PM
rouxeny

Hey Ethan, when did the whole thing end?

A very nice meet overall.
Old 10-20-2002, 04:24 PM
rouxeny

We got there a little late, it was pretty much winding up by then. I was particularly interested in audio setups, but I wasn't really that impressed. The 300ZX's at the Bob Sharp meet were much better. One guy with a SE 6 speed kept wanting me to race him, but I wasn't going to go for it. Number one, I don't know how to launch the Z yet, number two, only public roads, number three, WAY too many cops around. A few people had screens, but nothing really blew me away. Admitedly, we weren't there all that long. Nice bunch of folks.

The guys from frankencar.com were there. They're looking for somebody to test an intake on. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to step up for that job.

Apparently, there were some pretty serious Maximas there before we arrived. One guy had the Stillen SC, but I missed him.
Old 10-20-2002, 04:24 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Originally posted by rouxeny
Hey Ethan, when did the whole thing end?

A very nice meet overall.
Somewhere around 4PM I believe- Gus, Dimitry, Barry, & Rey went out for pizza afterwards-- got home around 7:30
Old 10-20-2002, 04:33 PM
rouxeny

Yeah, they said they would. Maybe I'll look into it. At least I guess I'd get some free dyno runs out of it.

I have some time constraints...I guess it would involve me leaving the car with them.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:59 AM
Dimka

Default Great show, great cars, great Z enthusiasts

Ethan, Andrew, Gus, Vic, Chris - this is the elusive Dmitry, aka Dimka. It was great meeting you all on Sunday. It's nice to talk in person to fellow Z addicts.

The show was a blast with lots of mechanical eye candy. Too bad the weather is going to trend downhill from here. Looking forward to next Spring.

I'll start posting more (after being in the shadow since this site's inception).

Dmitry
Old 10-21-2002, 07:34 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a lot of fun guys - wish I could have been there. Maybe next time
Old 10-21-2002, 08:55 AM
Gadgetman

Talking FYI... that was my flame job

Hi there:

I'm a newbie to this group.

Just to let you know, since I wasn't in the listing of members with 350's there, and hence considered an unknown. That was mine with the flames and louvres on the CS Touring... the only one there with Frost interior. I put the flames and louvres ( you didn't show the rear quarter ones but notice the louvres over the Z logo on the fender) on a few miles before arriving to see if I'd turn some heads... and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! It was all only a goof. I had to drive slow after applying the pieces, since the 3 coats of Zaino has left the car extrememly slippery such that the magnets hold but the pieces can easily slide around due to wind. Several concerned owner approached me right away about what I had done... sorta riced it out?!

The show was great but I was let down on two things:
I had hoped t see some of the more standout colors DB,BY, & of course LS.

Plus, I had been hoping to see at least one car with the 3M film on it. Only had my car since 10/9 and pulled into the garage with 1002 on the ODO. Already have one minor nick in the clearcoat on the hood and getting paranoid. To 3M it or not... that is Z question.

Anyway, I was quite suprised to see my cars pic and hope those who saw it in person got a kick out of it. It was a fun gathering and worth the 100 miles it took to gewt there. Met a lot of nice peole and had some interesting/informative conversations

I love this car and as truly fits my plate, which was temporarily swapped/borrowed from my Z32 until I finalize on a better one...
For now, the plate says just what the car does to the mind and emotions... XZILR8

And since I also have a Z31, the plate on it truly fits me with my accumulating Z's... OBSEZN

Oh, and if anyone wants to do their own flaming... leave me alone and go to...
www.magneticflames.com

Enjoy
Old 10-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Dimka

Zgirl - It would be absolutely splendid if you could join us at the next NY/NJ/CT meet. We all (the Z men) have a lot of respect and admiration for women who are fond of the automotive world, especially the ones enchanted by the Z

Still enjoying your stunning blue baby? Wish we could see it yesterday!

D
Old 10-21-2002, 10:17 AM
stmz462

Talking

I was one of the unidentified 350Z Silvertone owners. I'm the guy who just happened to have four (4) winning reaffle tickets. Remember? The outing was great and I enjoyed meeting all of you. I couldn't believe all the silver/silvertone 350Zs there.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:22 AM
Zforever

Default Bob Sharp's Show

It was fun, a beautiful day, great machines and some of the nicest people I have met this past year. I am glad I joined th NJ Z Club and also glad I got to meet the NJ and CT folks, we should do more meets together. Learned a thing or two to boot!.
Too bad the winter approaches and we will have to wait 'til spring for these activities.
I still love my Z after 2000 miles. Dimka, thanks for the publicity on my front license plate installation.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:28 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

In case you missed it, my pics & write-up from the day may be found here:

http://imageevent.com/ethan84ae/bobsharpzclubshow

Quick Reply: Pics from Bob Sharp Z Car Club Show