Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

PLEASE HELP!!! CAR WONT START!!! ECM interference?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 06:35 PM
bcheng4jc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!! CAR WONT START!!! ECM interference?

hey guys.....coudlnt get my car to start earlier this week. it would crank and you can hear the starter clicking and stuff but engine wouldnt start. battery was fine. had it towed to nissan dealer. they said it was security code problem. codes in my car werent matching with my keys and stuff so it wouldnt let the car start. next day, they said it was my lojack interfering with it. every time they disconneted the lojack transponder, the reporgrammed codes would stay set and work fine. but every time they reprogrammed the codes with the lojack transponder plugged in, the codes would get deleted almost instantaneously. so, lojack came today and looked over the whole car and claimed nothing was wrong. now, nissan is telling me that my LED side markers were interfering with my ECM because the little wire is running near my ECM. is that possible?!? if the ECM is affected by something so little as a wire, isnt that kinda retarded?!? poor design and engineering?!? plus, all those times the codes stayed programmed with the lojack disconnected, and getting delted with it connected, you think it's all coincidence? do you think it's a faulty ECM? car's been there all week now and have to wait until next week for more updates. they still dunno what's wrong wit it. nissan dealer says they're gonna "rip out" (those exact words) my LED side markers on monday and see if that's causing an interference with my ECM and deleting my security codes. they also said it might be a bad factory security transponder if it wasnt my LED side markers but said they never bothered to check it or think about replacing it cause they have NEVER seen a transponder fail before. has this happened to anyone? failed ECM? failed security transponder?!? please help!!!!!