Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance with dealer leather or Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:58 PM
importriders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance with dealer leather or Touring?

Which would you choose inlight of the recent dealer installed leather option. I did a price comparison between the two cars, assuming the dealer installed leather is $1000, there is a $1750 price difference between the two cars. Is the heated mirrors, power/heated seats, and BOSE worth the extra money. (Forgive me if I forgot something) The reason why I am asking is because I am still debating between the two, and I am getting leather no matter what. Yes, I know it all depends on my preferences, but I really want to know what you guys think. I'm not trying to start a Performance vs. Touring flame war either(like one other member on this board said would most likely happen). Inlight of the new dealer option, I think this is a valid post. If this has been posted before, sorry, but I did a search and found nothing.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:15 PM
michael350

for you id say the performance. because u dont need heated seats and mirrors. you will never use them. and the other 1750 u can get a kick *** system in ur car
Old 10-22-2002, 09:41 PM
InternetABYSS

I use the heated seats...and Im in texas....you ever lay on a heating pad to relax you....well thats how it feels...em em good
Old 10-22-2002, 10:02 PM
daytona350z

well i chose touring. i am not really a audiophile, so i dun care about the bose. although i havent taken delivery, i benifit from all the things the touring model has to offer.
the reason is i go to the gym and i saty late out at times. so i always put the heated seats on my car whenever i go, i use my homelink to replace my 3 separate controlers, heated mirrors for the times condensation builds up from some dew.
those are my reasons...
so you gotta ask yourselfhow and if the options are necessary and are they worth it..
good luck on your decision, i am still waiting on mine, its somewhere in the ports.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:30 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a performance - I figure it gives me some
options on leather (color combinations) - - I'll have to wait
and see when my Z gets here as far as the stereo, I'm a
little concerned having the base radio - -

Steve
Old 10-23-2002, 04:45 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

You can add heated seats if you are adding leather, I'm sure. It really isn't that expensive, either, from when I've checked in the past.

I'm hot natured, but I love my heated seats in my current car. In the winter, I keep the heat down pretty cool, but feel good in my heated seat I never thought I'd use them, but I now love them.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:48 AM
jhchan

Default Re: Performance with dealer leather or Touring?

Originally posted by importriders
Which would you choose inlight of the recent dealer installed leather option. I did a price comparison between the two cars, assuming the dealer installed leather is $1000, there is a $1750 price difference between the two cars. Is the heated mirrors, power/heated seats, and BOSE worth the extra money. (Forgive me if I forgot something) The reason why I am asking is because I am still debating between the two, and I am getting leather no matter what. Yes, I know it all depends on my preferences, but I really want to know what you guys think. I'm not trying to start a Performance vs. Touring flame war either(like one other member on this board said would most likely happen). Inlight of the new dealer option, I think this is a valid post. If this has been posted before, sorry, but I did a search and found nothing.
Is leather going to be an option at all nissan dealerships from now on or is this on a dealer by dealer basis? I am probably faced with the same decision when I come around to purchasing a Z. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:43 AM
importriders

Default Re: Re: Performance with dealer leather or Touring?

Originally posted by jhchan
Is leather going to be an option at all nissan dealerships from now on or is this on a dealer by dealer basis? I am probably faced with the same decision when I come around to purchasing a Z. Thanks.
I believe it's going to be an option at all dealerships. Only saying this because I saw it in an official Nissan 350Z accessories brochure. There is a picture of the brochure with the leather seat option on another thread. Do a search and you should be able to find it.