Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does your dealer cover seat for oil changes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does your dealer cover seat for oil changes?

It's been two years with a Z now, and every time I came in for oil change, mechanic is trying to jump into my burnt orange seat without warrying too much about his oiled closes. And they won't let me drive the car to the ramp. So every time I have to stand by the door and when mechanic approaches I don't let him in untill he finds some plastic cover to put on seat.

Last time they have real difficulty to find plastic, so some really smart technician was trying to cover seat with oiled rugs he used for God knows what before... So I directly asked them am I the only customer of the whole Nissan/Dodge dealership who warries about fine leather seat and they say kind of yes...

I can't believe it's not a standard to cover the seat if mechanic needs to drive it. Is it the same everywhere?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:07 PM
chuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand what you're going through... I'm fed up with my dealer... University Motors in Morgantown, WV. Everytime I take my car there, they leave scuff marks on the scuff plate and interior of the door.

Each time I point out what they did and they appologize. The 1st time they left 10 dirt marks on the interior of the car. The fourth and fifth time I took it in, the applied the blue painter's tape on the scuff plate to reduce the number of scuffs they leave.

There is a sign upon entering the service area that states that they will take care of customer vehicles with the greatest of care.

It seems to me that those that work on the car really don't strive to provide excellence and pride in their work.

chuck
Old 09-14-2004, 07:26 PM
LemanZ

If they dirty my B/O interior, I will ask the dealer steam clean it, if can't fix, they have to replace the seat... because they damage it. That's their duty of care.

But anyway before you left your car there, Your should make sure the manager go through the whole car with you, such as the condition and the milage so they can't say shxt after that.

Remember, Servicing also one type of business to making money from us, the dealer or workshop do have a duty of care.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Jetpilot718

Im fed up with it too. I went to get my oil changed and the guy stalled my car 2x trying to drive it the 10 feet into the bay. Morons. Im doin my oil changes myself for now on.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:55 AM
mofoz

my dealership always covers the seats and floors for oil changes or whatever else.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because my car has been lowered and my body kit lessens the clearance even more, my oil changes are all done at Ferrari now. They are the only ones who can get the car on a lift, which really sucks because my car is now exhibiting the well known axle-clicking syndrome. Wonder if my warranty is void for any part that is underneath the car because they can't get to it?