Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 07:01 AM
PumpedVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry
Old 09-18-2004, 08:45 PM
s4m222

well thx for the responses, i think the Z is perfect except for the rear which i think is poorly designed, whereas the G35c rearend is extremely sexy. I dont NEED the back seats, i dont have kids but i think they will come in handy for emergencies or a little extra storage space. But the important thing is that the g35c cost substantially more than the 350z right? performancewise both will blow me out of my seat compared to my past rides so im fine.
I am leaning toward the G35 because although it has a small drop in performance it more than makes up for it in the added luxury, looks(subjective yes) and utilities it offers .
Old 09-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 350z vs G35

Originally posted by s4m222
this should be interesting...
tell me what you guys think...=)
i will be getting a car soon and 350z would be perfect except the lack of additional seats sooo considering the G35 but then again its more $$ so talk to me ~~

(this toshiba laptop has the ~ key at the bottom of keyboard by the alt WTF were the designers thinking...!)
\

*PUI*

Since I had a Enthusiast 5AT Z for about 14 months and then sold it to Poison123 for a 6MT G35 which I've had for 2 months, I can shed some light on this dilemma. Don't listen to people that haven't had experience in both. I loved the Z for it's feel, handling and power but hated that I had to either meet my friends somewhere or use another car for road trips. The trunk sucks PERIOD. The rear STB, while great for rigidity, sucks for storage space. The two seat deal sucks too. But the Z is also better looking IMO. The G I bought has leather seats, power seats, a sun roof, a real trunk, two back seats which fold down for even more room, and the stereo isn't bad at all. More bling for slightly less performance. Bottom line:

Z: Better performance (suspension, acceleration), better looks.

G: MUCH more luxury, more room trunk and passengers, better stereo, sunroof, loaner car where servicing.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:27 PM
DragonGcoupe

Default Re: Re: 350z vs G35

Originally posted by Hraesvelg
\

*PUI*

Since I had a Enthusiast 5AT Z for about 14 months and then sold it to Poison123 for a 6MT G35 which I've had for 2 months, I can shed some light on this dilemma. Don't listen to people that haven't had experience in both. I loved the Z for it's feel, handling and power but hated that I had to either meet my friends somewhere or use another car for road trips. The trunk sucks PERIOD. The rear STB, while great for rigidity, sucks for storage space. The two seat deal sucks too. But the Z is also better looking IMO. The G I bought has leather seats, power seats, a sun roof, a real trunk, two back seats which fold down for even more room, and the stereo isn't bad at all. More bling for slightly less performance. Bottom line:

Z: Better performance (suspension, acceleration), better looks.

G: MUCH more luxury, more room trunk and passengers, better stereo, sunroof, loaner car where servicing.
I don't know if it's because I'm a kid but all that "luxury" the G comes with is pretty played out. Most of us audio-enthusiasts agree that the Bose "premium" sound system sucks. It basically just adds two 6x9 "subs" and a very bad amp to the mix. I agree that it is better than that OEM Z's though. That's not saying much haha. I have driven both btw, I'm hoping to get a black track 350z soon.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:02 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: 350z vs G35

Originally posted by DragonGcoupe
I don't know if it's because I'm a kid but all that "luxury" the G comes with is pretty played out. Most of us audio-enthusiasts agree that the Bose "premium" sound system sucks. It basically just adds two 6x9 "subs" and a very bad amp to the mix. I agree that it is better than that OEM Z's though. That's not saying much haha. I have driven both btw, I'm hoping to get a black track 350z soon.
I just like having the 4 leather, seats a sunroof and a decent stereo. Have fun with your Z, I know I did with mine.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:05 AM
NzZ

Default Re: Re: Re: 350z vs G35

I don't know if it's because I'm a kid but all that "luxury" the G comes with is pretty played out.
I'm not a kid but I agree. The touring Z has practically all of the luxury toys, notable exceptions being the sunroof and dual-zone climate control...and I think the G's bose system sounds as bad as the Z's. Also while the G is quieter and smoother than the Z, it is harder and louder than most of its competitors. If you need 4 seats though, the G is a great option...and the 05 model will be even better.

NzZ
Old 09-19-2004, 02:29 PM
AzNPhAtWeAr87

The G seats may look small in the back but it's actually pretty roomy.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Default Z

I have driven both of these cars (before I decided that I definitly wanted a convertbile) and the Z is definitly a better buy. If you're not looking for the performance of the Z then it's probably not the car for you. I know that as soon as I got into the seat of the Z roadster I had to have that car.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Amnbex

one thing the backseats are useless for is hooking up, making out, whatever you want to call it. (I'm 17 this is crucial to me.) There is a very annoying plastic piece in the center that makes any type of physical actions between two people very painful and ackward for one or the other.
Doable in the Z.