Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Communication Breakdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 04:13 AM
rai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no test drive for me. I find that a lot of times on test drives the salseman has to tag along. Also I don't want to find out the Z better than the S2000 so I'd be kicking myself.

I plan on buying another sports car in 2 years (giving my wife the honda). So I'm looking at 2005. Could be a turbo Z or a hi-po track Z out by then.

So that's the way I look at it. 2002 is the dawn of a new day for sports cars. There are a lot of cars in the pipeline. The Z is one of the first new sports cars, but I'm sure we all agree that more choices is a good thing.

This way I have a car (the S2000) so when the new cars hit the street I can be a little more patient in waiting for my next car.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:57 AM
ToddLuc

Default Re: Re: Communication Breakdown

Originally posted by rep15
Sorry to say it but your own inpatience screwed you.

Addendum: Nissan promised you a car before October 31 (November in some cases) and you got it. You got bad information from the dealer or this forum but didn't we all?
I think you are correct.

Rai, if you were told you would get your Z before Oct 31, where is the problem? Wanting your Z and wanting information didn't change the original agreement of delivery before Oct 31st. Also, did NNA tell you the same thing? I found my VIN via NNA.

I have been told I will get my Z on or before Nov 8th. I don't plan on prodding any further until that date comes and goes. I do not expect that date to go by without having my Z.

I feel for you, but I think you are upset because you got mad at the non-information from your dealer and bought an S2000 (which is a great car) instead of your original desire of the Z. Now that the Z showed up, you are upset with your decision.

Maybe I am biased, because my dealership is so fantastic and the GM/sales rep are excellent.

My .02,
Todd
Old 10-25-2002, 05:47 AM
ddtreadway

Default Expectations

I have to say that I went in to this whole process with no great expectations of my dealer.

I ordered the car that I wanted, and waited as patiently as possible. I got some info through ZISME and NNA, but that was on my own initiative. I simply figured that when the car arrived, I would be contacted, and that was that.

Now, I have to say that my salesman was really no help in the area of tracking down info. I asked him about order #, VIN #, etc. He told me that they didn't have any of that info, so I found it on my own.

Also, when the car DID finally arrive, I knew far more about it than he did. He was amazed that I already knew my VIN before the car got here.

If I had huge expectations of my dealer, this could have been a terrible experience. I've learned not to count on anyone to go out of their way. If they do, I have greater respect (or respect period) for them.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:33 AM
DCABF

Default Re: Expectations

Originally posted by ddtreadway
I have to say that I went in to this whole process with no great expectations of my dealer.

I ordered the car that I wanted, and waited as patiently as possible. I got some info through ZISME and NNA, but that was on my own initiative. I simply figured that when the car arrived, I would be contacted, and that was that.

Now, I have to say that my salesman was really no help in the area of tracking down info. I asked him about order #, VIN #, etc. He told me that they didn't have any of that info, so I found it on my own.

Also, when the car DID finally arrive, I knew far more about it than he did. He was amazed that I already knew my VIN before the car got here.

If I had huge expectations of my dealer, this could have been a terrible experience. I've learned not to count on anyone to go out of their way. If they do, I have greater respect (or respect period) for them.

how did you find your order # and such without going through the dealership?
Old 10-25-2002, 07:57 AM
wintermute

Yeah, how do you get that information? I asked the dealer to go ahead with my order last sunday. I saw they cashed my deposit check this monday, but I haven't heard anything formal about the order. The salesman told me that he would put my e-mail in and that I would be getting e-mail updates on the status of the car. Is this true? Would like to get more info.

thanks!

wm
Old 10-25-2002, 08:21 AM
ddtreadway

I emailed ZISME for the order number. I gave him my specifics, and he got me the order number.

I called 1-800-NISSAN1 for my VIN. That isn't available until after the car is built, so make sure that you have a good estimate of a build date.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:48 AM
sands

Originally posted by wintermute
I would be getting e-mail updates on the status of the car. Is this true? Would like to get more info.

thanks!

wm
Not true, my dealer said the same thing and have never received an email in 5 months. You will have to call your dealer for updates.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Communication Breakdown

Originally posted by rai
nod to LED Zeppelin.

props to the cops for catching the snipers

Well back to my post. As you know about a week and a half ago I got tired of waiting for my Z. I had been calling about every three weeks since Aug. The sales manager (we'll call him Dick), had told me it's not necessary for me to keep calling. I quote: "when I find out anything about your car I'll call you"

Also I was told that when a VIN is issued the car is about 3-4 weeks out. So last week I am still without a VIN and I decide to grab a S2000. I didn't call the dealership since I thought I would be informed about my car. My thinking was well I don't have a VIN so it is still 4+ weeks out. If it's 4+ weeks it could be more. So I was thinking Nov-Dec. I can't wait that long.

Anyway today I get a call from my dealer, I figure it's about my VIN. No instead he goes: "Your car is sitting in the showroom, come and pick it up".

WTF. I am happy with my S2000, but if you had told me an the 12th that my car would be here on the 24th I think I would have waited.

I am not saying anything bad about the Z, but somewhere along the line either Nissan or my dealer has screwed me in the a$$. I guess the dealer is just as glad I walked so he can sell it over invoice. But this is going to come around to bite Nissan. I don't think they'll miss my one sale, and the car will be sold, but think long term. I buy a Honda now and have a bad tase in my mouth about the way I was treated. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Rai, I'm sorry about your stupid dealer and I'd feel the same way if it had happened to me. I'd like for you to complain, in writing or e-mail, to Nissan and tell your whole story. I'm asking this as a favor to the rest of us who have our cars or will have our cars. Your dealer needs to be put on notice by Nissan about their lousy treatment of people who have ordered Zs and not received them or had a bad experience.

I would like to see your dealer out of the Nissan business because this sort of flagrant disregard for customers who patiently waited for months and finally had to buy another car needs to be documented.

Also, I would say, if it were me, your salesman probably deliberately screwed you so he and the dealership could make you angry enough to refuse the car, so they could sell it over MSRP to someone else. This sort of bad customer relations could, if documented by enough people, make this dealer lose his franchise. I don't think Carlos Gone(sic) will have any problems getting rid of bad dealers and your story could help to make that happen. Maybe ZISME, NNA, BBB could all get copies.

I am really pissed off for you since your car gets here 12 days after you buy something else. The salesman knew when your car was coming in and did not give you a VIN# or an ETA because he was either lazy or dishonest and deliberately lied to you. I went to my dealer the day after ZISME told us what the numbers of the inventory reports were. I called the inventory manager immediately, told him the numbers and my salesman called as soon as he got in the Next morning what the VIN was. Your damn salesman had the same info in late August, because I took delivery on 9/6. I wish you would roast their *** w/Nissan and name your salesman as well as your dealer.

I'm sorry this happened to you, Rai. Even if you like your S2000, its really bad business and should be documented, but its your call.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:00 AM
rai

Default Re: Re: Communication Breakdown

Originally posted by Boomer
Rai, I'm sorry about your stupid dealer and I'd feel the same way if it had happened to me. I'd like for you to complain, in writing or e-mail, to Nissan and tell your whole story. I'm asking this as a favor to the rest of us who have our cars or will have our cars. Your dealer needs to be put on notice by Nissan about their lousy treatment of people who have ordered Zs and not received them or had a bad experience.

I would like to see your dealer out of the Nissan business because this sort of flagrant disregard for customers who patiently waited for months and finally had to buy another car needs to be documented.

Also, I would say, if it were me, your salesman probably deliberately screwed you so he and the dealership could make you angry enough to refuse the car, so they could sell it over MSRP to someone else. This sort of bad customer relations could, if documented by enough people, make this dealer lose his franchise. I don't think Carlos Gone(sic) will have any problems getting rid of bad dealers and your story could help to make that happen. Maybe ZISME, NNA, BBB could all get copies.

I am really pissed off for you since your car gets here 12 days after you buy something else. The salesman knew when your car was coming in and did not give you a VIN# or an ETA because he was either lazy or dishonest and deliberately lied to you. I went to my dealer the day after ZISME told us what the numbers of the inventory reports were. I called the inventory manager immediately, told him the numbers and my salesman called as soon as he got in the Next morning what the VIN was. Your damn salesman had the same info in late August, because I took delivery on 9/6. I wish you would roast their *** w/Nissan and name your salesman as well as your dealer.

I'm sorry this happened to you, Rai. Even if you like your S2000, its really bad business and should be documented, but its your call.
Thank's for your support, I am at peace with my decision, as you know the first model year any car requires a lot of faith, I got in on the first week or so of the 4th model year for the S2000 so there is a lot more known about this car, it has a track record you might say.

Someone said I was promised my car by the end of October by Nissan (and in fact it did arrive before the end of october). But the last words I got from my dealer was that my car should be here in october or november (this was after I was told the car should be here in september so I had no faith in his predictions). He told me this exactly:

"when I know anything I'll call you"

If this is the truth than he didn't "know" anything until the day my car was sitting in the showroom.

My point is that I was expecting to get a VIN some time before my car showed up. I'd like to know how many other people got no advance notice. For all I know my car could have been sitting in the showroom for a week or more. I'll never know.

I am still waiting to get my deposit back before I complain. I will send a letter to NNA. If they give me any difficulty with my deposit I will include this in the note. The actual sales manager who I dealt with is conveniently out of the office until monday.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:55 AM
Zoro

Default rai

If I was you I would have went down and took it for a drive.

The car is a different world than the S2000 very smooth and quiet on the right roads.
But the S2000 is just more sporty. So I don't think you would feel disappointed. Maybe you would because you would want both of them.

Anyway, I'm thinking your a victim of the striking dock workers. Yeah those SOBs screwed you outta your z. You probably would have got your z well before your final s2k temptation had they not went of strike.