Communication Breakdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 11:04 AM
rai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Communication Breakdown

nod to LED Zeppelin.

props to the cops for catching the snipers

Well back to my post. As you know about a week and a half ago I got tired of waiting for my Z. I had been calling about every three weeks since Aug. The sales manager (we'll call him Dick), had told me it's not necessary for me to keep calling. I quote: "when I find out anything about your car I'll call you"

Also I was told that when a VIN is issued the car is about 3-4 weeks out. So last week I am still without a VIN and I decide to grab a S2000. I didn't call the dealership since I thought I would be informed about my car. My thinking was well I don't have a VIN so it is still 4+ weeks out. If it's 4+ weeks it could be more. So I was thinking Nov-Dec. I can't wait that long.

Anyway today I get a call from my dealer, I figure it's about my VIN. No instead he goes: "Your car is sitting in the showroom, come and pick it up".

WTF. I am happy with my S2000, but if you had told me an the 12th that my car would be here on the 24th I think I would have waited.

I am not saying anything bad about the Z, but somewhere along the line either Nissan or my dealer has screwed me in the a$$. I guess the dealer is just as glad I walked so he can sell it over invoice. But this is going to come around to bite Nissan. I don't think they'll miss my one sale, and the car will be sold, but think long term. I buy a Honda now and have a bad tase in my mouth about the way I was treated. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Old 10-24-2002, 11:15 AM
rep15

Default Re: Communication Breakdown

I am not saying anything bad about the Z, but somewhere along the line either Nissan or my dealer has screwed me in the a$$.

Sorry to say it but your own inpatience screwed you.

Addendum: Nissan promised you a car before October 31 (November in some cases) and you got it. You got bad information from the dealer or this forum but didn't we all?

Last edited by rep15; 10-24-2002 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:18 AM
rai

Default part 2

I know some of you are thinking "too bad, deal with it"

Well as I said I'm not sorry I got the S2000. I have been driving it so much my wife is complaining that she thinks I got a girlfriend since I'm never home. LOL

I have been torn between the two cars. The only thing is I never had the oppertunity to drive the Z.

Let's say my ideal perfect car is a 10. I give the S2000 and the 350Z both 9.5 or 9.6.

The Z is more attractive to me right now because it is so new and an attention grabber. The S is more attractive to me because it is not a high volume car it will be more rare in the future. performance and fun to drive are too close to call.

I could be happy with either, I just wish I had been given all the facts.

I mean how many people never got any notice before the car arrived. like the phone rings out of the blue and a guy says "Your car is here"??

Old 10-24-2002, 11:32 AM
abz123

I know exactly what you mean Rai. I having my own issues with my saleman/dealer. They need to get their act together.

Can't feel too bad about a S2000. It's a nice car. Have fun with it.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:41 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Communication Breakdown

Originally posted by rep15
Sorry to say it but your own inpatience screwed you.
********. It was his worthless dealer that screwed him. How could they NOT know it would arrive twelve days later? Bottom line is his dealer is a lazy sack of **** who couldn't be bothered to do his job.

It appears that a lot of Nissan dealers are f**king scabs that would embarrass even the lowliest of Ford/Chevrolet dealers.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:42 AM
ddtreadway

Went to pick up my Z last night at Carmax in Greenville, SC.

They had a 2000 S2000 for $29K. Checked it out while I was waiting for the paperwork, and I'm very glad that I chose the Z. Nothing against the S2K, it's just personal preference. I was happy to see the Honda for comparison.

BTW, they also had a '98 M3 convertible (automatic) for $30K. Good looking car, but the interior was a hideous orange color. They called it tan, but I disagree.

Bottom line, I'm happy with the Z. It is all subjective.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:14 PM
noahbuddy

I don't know, but it seems the dealers are going for some kind of "suprise" factor. Ours told us it would be three weeks late and then calls us 2 days later to say it's in.

"Suprise, your car's here early..."

We where really annoyed. We told him we needed 2 weeks to sell our old car first. And we were suppose to leave town that day. Didn't end up getting out of town till 8pm for a 10 hour trip to Atlanta.

Then again, could just be a bunch of morons...

Touring
Black & Orange
2050 Miles
0-60 in 6.5
Old 10-24-2002, 12:21 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

It'a all got to do with the dealer. Many just don't care. So many of us had to constantly harass them to get info or call NNA. Nissan is not at fault here except for maybe their lack of expectations from the quality of the dealers they select.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:26 PM
BullishZ

Default Re: part 2

Originally posted by rai
I know some of you are thinking "too bad, deal with it"

Well as I said I'm not sorry I got the S2000. I have been driving it so much my wife is complaining that she thinks I got a girlfriend since I'm never home. LOL

I have been torn between the two cars. The only thing is I never had the oppertunity to drive the Z.

Let's say my ideal perfect car is a 10. I give the S2000 and the 350Z both 9.5 or 9.6.

The Z is more attractive to me right now because it is so new and an attention grabber. The S is more attractive to me because it is not a high volume car it will be more rare in the future. performance and fun to drive are too close to call.

I could be happy with either, I just wish I had been given all the facts.

I mean how many people never got any notice before the car arrived. like the phone rings out of the blue and a guy says "Your car is here"??

Nobody will probably know how close I was to buying an S2000. I am a regular (used to be, at least) at the S2ki.com forum... and I have been looking for one for a long time... however, I waited until I test drove both cars. I almost didn't, and I could have owned an S2000 had I not had any trouble with financing. But after driving both cars (I redlined the S2000, but under 4k RPM on my Z) and still I like the Z better. I like that exhaust note at around 3,200 rpm. I haven't taken it up much higher, but man.. I can't wait til I do...
Old 10-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

Default Re: Communication Breakdown

Originally posted by rai
The sales manager (we'll call him Dick
I thought all sales managers were Dicks.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:59 PM
phreezee

You've got a S2000 and a 350Z.... I don't see a problem here ... enjoy life!!!!
Old 10-24-2002, 01:56 PM
irishfan

RAI - I'm glad you are happy with your S2000, as it is a great car. It is a shame that your dealer was simply incapable of understanding that selling you a 2003 350Z as part of the pre-order program wasn't an average every day sale, and required a little bit more on their part. Because you did not buy the car, now you won't be asked for feedback. I would recommend that you go to the Nissan site and send them an e-mail regarding your experience. I believe that Nissan is trying to learn from its mistakes and would welcome the feedback.

Good Luck and Happy Driving
Old 10-24-2002, 03:15 PM
aggie300zx

I got the same run around...I called a couple of times, dealer told me I will call with "any" info...(still didn't have VIN#)...then I get a call on a Friday afternoon saying my car was here can I come get it that evening. Luckily, I already had my financing in place, but I could see how this could bite some people in the butt.

Isn't it amazing how "communication" or lack there of, IS really the root of all evil!

Enjoy the S2000! As long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters!
Old 10-24-2002, 03:25 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default 800Nissan1 was no help?

Rai:

Not sure if I remember the exact sequence of events, but did you pursue help with 800 Nissan1? I have a friend who was able to get some very pointed and accurate info after getting through the first two layers of phone support.

Was Zisme of no help? (He was helpful for me when I asked).

I can appreciate the difficult position you're in, but did you exhaust every opportunity before conceding and getting the S2K?
Old 10-24-2002, 04:16 PM
rai

Default Re: 800Nissan1 was no help?

Originally posted by NSANY
not sure if I remember the exact sequence of events, but did you pursue help with 800 Nissan1? I have a friend who was able to get some very pointed and accurate info after getting through the first two layers of phone support.

Was Zisme of no help? (He was helpful for me when I asked).

I can appreciate the difficult position you're in, but did you exhaust every opportunity before conceding and getting the S2K?
I did not bother to jump thru any hoops. I was told to "sit tight" and wait for an update. It may be the dealer had no idea about the car and it just arrived today by surprise, but I think that's doubtful.

I'm not so much sorry (because I really love the S2000), but I am just a little PO'ed.

I was reading another thread recounting the trials of the pre-order process, and the lack of communication from the very beginning right down the line to the bitter end.

I am just trying to make a point of the fact that Nissan or it's dealers may be resting on it's laurells with the Z. To me this is being short sighted.

My honda dealer wants to sell me a car don't get me wrong, but they want to sell me 10 cars down the road and for me to get my family to buy hondas also.

Nissan (or it's dealership) seem to treat me like an insignificant person. Well Nisssan has lost one sale (no big deal), but I have bought 7 new cars in the last 9 years. So far 3 have been hondas. Look down the road I may buy 10 or 20 more cars in my life. I have never had an problem with Honda even when I had to wait 3-4 months for one, I was kept updated and informed a few weeks before the car arrived, seems like a small detail, just took a minute or two to pick up the phone.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:40 PM
Want-a-Z

Default Rai, which dealer was it?

Hey Rai,

Man, I'll be pissed if my dealer pulls that. I live in MD too. What
dealership was it that handled your order?
Old 10-24-2002, 07:03 PM
rai

Default Re: Rai, which dealer was it?

Originally posted by Want-a-Z
Hey Rai,

Man, I'll be pissed if my dealer pulls that. I live in MD too. What
dealership was it that handled your order?

Rosenthal nissan in gaithersberg.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:58 PM
MikeyDNY

Rai:

Did you at least test drive it or did you turn it down flat??
Old 10-24-2002, 08:06 PM
rouxeny

Yeah, the lack of notice has been very common for the current Z owners. I only found out any information because I bothered ZISME enough that I got an estimated delivery (September). Then, I called the auto delivery site (Elizabeth) after the boat my car was on had arrived. That was the only way I found out that my car was coming.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:36 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rai,

You'll love the S2000, so don't worry too much about it. In a few years I'm sure there will be a more powerful Z, and by then the hype will have died down, and you can get it then with all the kinks worked out.

It would have been really cool if you could have pulled up to the Z dealer in the S2000, taken the Z for a spin, and then told them to take a hike! Hehe, I would have like to see that.

Anyhow, enjoy the S2000 and know that all of us first year Z owners are guinea pigs to get all the bugs worked out.

-D'oh!

Quick Reply: Communication Breakdown